“Not Even Arrived Yet !!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twenty Nevern Square

Twenty Nevern Square
Ranked #562 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Not Even Arrived Yet !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I am in London with my Mother to attend my daughters Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award Ceremony at the Palace and its an extremely special occasion. I booked through Booking.com and decided upon a suite. The website was saying 'book quick only one left at this price" so I quickly booked noting there was three suites.

Upon investigation on Trip advisor I saw several reviews about the suite I had booked ALL bad! it was in a basement, frosted glass on the door to disguise this, bad customer service etc...

However there was also a few good reports about how accommodating the hotel had been, free upgrades from rooms to suites etc... As I have already booked a suite I know I cannot be upgraded however I emailed the hotel to query the basement situation and to ask if there was any 'leeway' in regards to changing the rooms.. The response i got can only be described as RUDE and patronising

"The Junior Scheherazade Suite is on the lower ground floor. We have clearly advertised this online and do not mislead any guests."

to quote just one part on the response!! I has simply asked if we could re assess the room situation ! I was told I could at an additional £80 per night ! When I checked online I can get the same suite for £ 120.00 a night !! I £114 CHEAPER ! albeit at another time of year .... Christmas!!

Customer service absolutely NIL

All I can say is I am now dreading my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in August. Thought it was a good price for London, and was in a good location both for walking and Underground links.

Couldn't fault the service from Reception and the Continental Breakfast was a good standard, but I would have preferred a bigger plate for eating my food.

There weren't any tea making facilities in the room, but this wasn't a problem as you could ring Reception and they would bring some to your room.

Even though we were warned when we booked the room, I never expected our room to be as small as it was. When the tea tray arrived, the only place we could find room to put it down was on the bed. It was funny when we were both trying to get dressed and get to the bathroom/ use the hairdryer as all I could do was get on the bed to get out of my husband's way.

The bathroom was luxurious, but tiny. Even though there was a large mirror, it was difficult for me to see in it when putting my contact lenses in- as on one side the toilet was in my way, and on the other side was the shower. I couldn't see in front of the circular bowl ( sink) as it stuck out too far for me to see. I even struggled to find the taps , but they were on the right hand side of the sink where the marble had been shaped to allow the shower door to open properly.

If anyone is planning on staying for more than 2 nights or can't travel light, I'd recommend booking a bigger room,as there was very little room in the cupboard for hanging clothes as this is where the hair dryer and suitcase rack were kept as well.

I'll willingly go back to 20 Nevern Square, as it was nicer than a chain hotel, but I would have to book a larger room. It was the first time I've ever been to a hotel and had a room smaller than my own room at home!

Margate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great hotel, great location close to Earls Court tube, but set in a quiet square. This hotel is a gem, old fashioned service and modern comfort. We stayed for one night and couldn't fault it. We upgraded to a superior room and it certainly had the wow factor, room 15 on the third floor, although rather compact it was clean and comfortable, we had a very good nights sleep. Things that you might expect to pay extra for like breakfast in your room is included if you want it as is wifi, and fruit in the lounge along with tea and coffee which can also be delivered to your room on request, so much better than instant coffe. Continental breakfast was included, full English available at a supplement but the continental was ample, a selection of cereal, fresh fruit selection and fruit salad, yoghurt and fresh warm pastries with jam, pot of tea of coffee all served in a lovely bright conservatory, which also served as the bar in the evenings. We would certainly recommend this hotel and will stay there again next time we visit London.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Spotted this website while googling cheap Boutique hotels and this was the nicest looking in our price range. Me and my boyfriend had originally paid for a Four Poster bed room and were happy and content with our choice as the rooms displayed were really nice for photos provided. Upon arrival booking in at the desk we were told that we had been upgraded to the Ottoman suite for no extra charge. I finally let out my scream of excitement when the porter had left, as we had looked at the suite previously then when seeing the price had to clean up our own dribble.

The suite was really nice, high ceilings let in loads of light and access to the terrace made it really airy, and the room was clean also. We thought the bed was to be really uncomfortable when sitting down, but were fooled as falling asleep was quick and comfortable. The bathroom was clean but the shower could have been better, for the price of the room a there should have been a bigger more powerful head to the shower at least. On a small note me and my boyfriend thought you can't have a bath in the middle of the room without bubble bath, childish slightly but an opportunity was missed. Water and tea was provided and the bath towels were soft. Another niggle was that though the reception was supposedly 24 hour manned at around 9 when we left for dinner we couldn't find any staff to hand in our keys or to ask which were the best restaurants in the area, which was a shame.

The area was nice and the variety of restaurants was vast from European to Asian and Arabic. And there was various cash points around the area also which was handy. The continental breakfast in the morning was small and the variety was limited, thankfully we had paid for full English otherwise we would have probably gone to the McDonalds down the road.

Overall the hotel was really nice and we really enjoyed the feel of the place and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Possibility if your staying for one night only and there aren't many other guests, you could get...
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My fully paid booking through Wotif was cancelled on the day before I left on my holiday. The claim was that the hotel had overbooked and couldn't honour the booking. I would have been less annoyed if it was an unpaid booking, but under the circumstances this is extremely poor customer service.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank the_harper
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

After reading the reviews I went for a bigger room (fourposter bed) and have to say that was a good size. We were in the basement (room number 1), but no worries.. we had two nice windows and as it was unusually warm for London that was a good thing. The two bottles of water provided daily were really helpful too. And we were told that while there are no coffee/tea making facilities in the room, we could always go/call upstairs and get some tea/coffee for free. Also fresh fruit was always there.
The staff is really helpful and kind. The Hotel itself is in a residential neighborhood looking out on a park (only open to residents of the neighborhood) and has a great tube connection (Piccadilly and district line) that is 5 min walking. The tube ride form the airport took about 35-40min.
The floors do squeak some, but that didn't bother us too much. The continental breakfast included in the room price is very nice (buffet style) and if you want an English breakfast you can get it too (but its extra). For no extra charge you can get the breakfast served in your room, perfect if you wanna get a way with someone special.
I would definitely come back..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank badeente24
Edgworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I'm a regular business traveller to London and stay in a variety of hotels in the £80-£100 bracket, normally booking late which sometimes presents its challenges.
I booked for two nights at £80 per night via late rooms.com.
Location is excellent, less than five minutes walk from Earls Court Tube and in a quiet leafy street.
Checking in was quick and efficient and the reception staff were always helpful.
The room was clean and the bathroom was modern and clean. Both were extremely compact with around 18-24 Inches of room around the bed on both sides with just a little more at the bottom. The bathroom had a decent shower but you bang your knees on the sink when sat on the loo. The sink tap was loose and badly designed making it difficult to get your hands in the sink to wash them (which is probably why it had worked loose with people banging into the fitting)
It was particularly warm and there was no air conditioning but a quiet desk top fan was provided which was just sufficient when sleeping on top of the bedding.
There is a 24 hour bar with a selection of bottled drinks (no beer on tap) I had a Bottle of cold Stella at £4.
Breakfast was continental and a limited selection of cereals, fruits, meats, cheeses and croissants was available with fresh tea and coffee served to the table, overall ok.
I would stay again but only in a bigger room. I might want to swing a proverbial cat and you couldn't do that in Room 8 or it's bathroom.

Room Tip: If you need space do not choose Room 8. It also overlooks the patio and if its warm and you need the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business