“A great boutique style hotel”

Twenty Nevern Square
Ranked #600 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Really convenient for Earl's Court.
Very quiet as off the main road in a pleasant square.
Excellent continental breakfast. No need for a full English.
No coffee making facilities in the room, but free coffee available and brought to your room as required.
Couldn't fault the facilities or the service.

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit extra for the deluxe room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights before and event at Earls court. The hotel is literally 5mins walk from earls court and the tube. We were in a basement room which was very quiet for being in the middle of the city. Great value for money hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here a few months ago and are hoping to return soon. We were shocked at some of the more recent reviews. We couldn't fault them at all! Such a lovely trip to London and a huge part of that was Twenty Nevern Square. We went on a week day so it wasn't too busy. They kindly upgraded our room when we asked if it was possible. The rooms might be on the smaller side but they are decorated lovely! Nice feel. Woke up next morning, went downstairs for a delicious breakfast. My husband and I both raved about this place for months after and still are! Will definitely return. Friendly staff, lovely rooms, great breakfast. Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was planning on staying at this hotel during a January trip. A massive blizzard in the US postponed my trip and my flight was canceled about 35 hours before I was scheduled to be in London and check into the hotel. They have a 72 hour cancelation policy and so charged me the whole cost of the room and didn't let me know if I could simply just change the dates of my stay. They said, despite it being an act of god and with plenty of notice, this was a travel insurance issue. I now have to deal with my credit card company to dispute the charges while my travel insurance investigates what happened.
Beware of that 72 hour cancelation policy. No other hotel I reserved for my trip had that much of a time frame and all of them were happy to help me change my planned dates when the dates of my trip were shifted by 4 days.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and now have bed bugs at home being treated by a professional pest control company.

For this reason I am not rating the other aspects of the hotel.

The staff were helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
TwentyNevern, General Manager at Twenty Nevern Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review. Please note that the hotel has no recollection of any complaint made by you or any guest about bed bugs being in our hotel. We have monthly checks by pest control and our certificates show that the hotel is free from any rodents or bugs. Please note that if you came into contact with bed bugs in our property you would have had red bites all over your body instantly. Your review is being posted on the 19th of January 2014, the time frame does not add up for finding these bugs in your home as they breed at a alarming and fast rate. I am sorry you have this problem but we can guarantee it is not from our property, please contact us for our certification which proves this. I also have to point out you rated us 3 stars which does not add up.

Your sincerely,
Sadendra
Front of House Manager.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Room was small and stuffy for a couple. My wife has stayed her twice before always impressed by the rooms. On this occasion when I join her we were given a less than adequate room, room 10 is not suitable for a couple as a double mainly as the bed is to small against the wall, the bed has head board and foot board, you have to crawl over your partner to get out! The hotel need to change the bed, or warn the guests when booking. Bed looks good BUT does not work. Spoke with the lady on reception about the small room on arrival with little she could do. Would only book again on the assurance of a decent room space and suitable for a couple as a double, makes a good single room though. Disappointing on this occasion. Sorry.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lookinglost
Reviewed 17 January 2014

When we arrived the charge had already been taken from our card which we used to reserve the room. Booked into the mezzanine next door, poky entrance, very noisy with banging doors and boiler sounds. Hot as hell. The bed was comfy and clean, the bathroom good and tea coffee making facilities. The furnishings were slightly tatty. A sock behind the door and glass on the floor shows the standard of cleaning. The staff polite and this was adequate but wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple