“Great location and service”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed here for three nights over valentines weekend. Was a fantastic stay, the location was great for getting out and about in London. Close to knightsbridge and the museums. The staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived, I think all hoteliers should stay here for a lesson on how it should be done!

We were upgraded to the Safari suite which we liked although I do think it may soon be in need of some refurbishment as was starting to look a little tired. However it was large and spotlessly clean with a lovely view to Kensington Palace.

I loved the little evening treats of canapes and chocolates in the room. Our romantic turndown was good although no music was put on. Not quite sure why they ask for music preferences as it did not appear that music was provided so I suggest updating your ipod ready for your visit. There is a docking station in the room.

Breakfast was very good however with so much choice around we did not eat in the hotel restaurant.

If you're thinking of visiting London and staying in a large impersonal hotel then don't, stay here instead.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Many thanks for your kind and honest feedback. I was so glad to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and also thank you for the points you raised which I will most definitely be looking in to. We do run a discreet but comprehensive rolling refurbishment programme of our all rooms and Public Areas to ensure that everything is looking at it’s best but I will certainly ensure that we follow-up on your constructive feedback. We also take the opportunity to provide preferred music wherever possible so I am sorry that you did not have this at Turndown. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel once again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed in the Milestone for my sister's wedding. It was a beautiful hotel. A lovely breakfast and charming atmosphere in the bar at night time.The staff were so friendly and helpful. The service was 5 star. The best hotel I've stayed in!

• Stayed: March 2011
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

I was delighted to read your very kind comments and I thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great stay you had with us. I have already passed on your comments to the relevant departments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

Very Nice place to stay for business or leisure.
Thé staf is wonderful and the service... Just perfect.
Will make it again.
K

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. I was very proud to read your comments about our staff and the excellent service that they deliver at The Milestone and I have shared your comments with them already. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Milestone Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

first class attention from first phone call (to check parking arrangements) over a two night stay to leaving ; the quality of rooms and ambience was above expectations.
I stayed for two nights with my wife ; three grown up daughters and a friend of theirs . the occasion was my eldest daughter's wedding on the saturday ; the atmosphere and professionalism of staff gave us the perfect start to our big day ; I would definitely return ; happy to pay a bit more to get this level of satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank robintidd
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I will be passing these on to all the team here and I am glad that we managed to make your families day that extra bit special.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

First time at this hotel normally stay at the Waldoff but must say this has now become my favourite hotel in London, Hotel perfect, food excellent and staff are great, well worth a visit for a quality break, Keep up the good work Milestone

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. I will ensure that these are passed on to the great team we have. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed 20 March 2011

From the helpfull staff, to the high standard of the room and all the thoughtfull details, f.i. the decoration of the room and penhaligon toiletries, the perfect smoked salmon and eggs benedict at Cheneston's,it is all an experience of à lifetime.Thank you all staff for à birthdaytrip to remember.

• Stayed: March 2011

I was very happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable Birthday stay with us and enjoyed the service we provided to you. I will share your comments with the team here and I hope that we can welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I spent 2 nights in February '11 and 3 nights in March '11 at the Milestone Hotel across from Kensington Park in London on the recommendation of my travel agent. I was greeted by name so warmly upon arrival that I thought the staff mistakenly thought I'd been there before. Each room was different and delightfully decorated. The restaurant in the hotel, Cheneston's, was excellent. Service was gracious and efficient in every aspect, from the bar and restaurant to Reception and Concierge service. In short, it felt like coming home. As I told my travel agent after the trip, "I can never return to London without staying at the Milestone."

3  Thank bgr49

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at your new London home. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver and was delighted to read your very kind comments. These have already been passed on to the team and we look forward to your return visit to The Milestone Hotel.