“Very english hotel in great location”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Helsinki, Finland
“Very english hotel in great location”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Milestone hotel in the summer of 2010. The hotel's location is fabulous and we had a great time. High Street Kensington is just a few steps away in one direction, and Knightbridge is a short taxi or bus ride in the other direction. Hyde Park is just across the street, which was great for morning jogs. We both lived in London for years and know the city well, and this really is a great location to stay.

The hotel itself is very charming and quaint. The decor is very old-fashioned english, very London. Our room was very cute, but the bathroom felt a bit too old, and our sink was partly blocked. Service was good, but I wouldn't say it was the best we ever experienced, and I'm surprised everyone else found it so amazing. No complaints, but nothing too memorable either.
The wellness area of the hotel in the basement was disappointing, it looked completely different to the pictures on the website!

Instead of eating in the hotel in the mornings, we ended up having breakfast upstairs at the wholefoods market on Kensington High St which was fun.

I would recommend this hotel to others, and would possibly stay here again myself, but only after checking out other options.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback which is much appreciated. I am delighted that you found our location so suitable as a base to enjoy London from.
Each and everyone of our rooms is individually designed and decorated and no two are the same. We have traditional styles but also some more contemporary - our black and white Harlequin Suite for instance. I am sure that we can find something to suit so please do let us know your colour/style preference should you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you experienced a plumbing issue during your stay - we check each room thoroughly prior to our guests arriving and should an issue occur during the stay we would usually get it resolved as quickly as possible.
I am sorry that you did not try our breakfast in Cheneston's and in particular our Eggs Benedict but hopefully you will on a future occasion.
Most importantly we take pride in offering the warmest and most attentive service. I am disappointed that your overall impression was less in this respect than we strive for and please rest assured that we will continue to work on this.

Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Northwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Beautiful hotel, great location and very friendly helpful staff. We stayed in this hotel as part of a wedding party and the people couldn't do enough. The hotel and rooms were very clean and service was great. would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our great staff here at The Milestone Hotel met your expectations. I have ensured your comments have been passed on to them. We all look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed at the Milestone for about a week and a half this March in an Apartment which for London was extraordinarily spacious. It consisted of two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. It also included all the facilities of the hotel.
Having stayed at most of the Five star properties in London throughout my life. I have found the level of service and attention to detail in both design and comfort that the Milestone provides, to be the best in London.
They consistently keep a record of guest preferences and in my opinion have the best guest services team. They are one of the few remaining hotels that I can find that not only provides round the clock complimentary butler service but also has in-house chauffeurs at affordable rates compared to comparable hotels. The food is consistently excellent and they can usually handle any order you can think of.
For me the Milestone represents not only the best luxury but the best value for luxury in london.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cma3456892
Many thanks for your kind feedback. I was delighted that you found your apartment to your liking and that we delivered the level of service we pride ourselves on. I hope you can come back to London and The Milestone Hotel in the near future. I have passed your comments on to the whole team.

North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Our family recently stayed at the milestone and had two hotel rooms. The rooms were beautifully decorated, as were all the common rooms in the hotel. The staff were very helpful in meeting any of our needs. The hotel is well located. We will return!

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and I was really pleased that you and your family enjoyed their stay at The Milestone Hotel. I am very proud of the team here and the effort they put in to ensure our guests have wonderful stays with us. I hope we have the opportunity to look after you all once again in the near future.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed here for three nights over valentines weekend. Was a fantastic stay, the location was great for getting out and about in London. Close to knightsbridge and the museums. The staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived, I think all hoteliers should stay here for a lesson on how it should be done!

We were upgraded to the Safari suite which we liked although I do think it may soon be in need of some refurbishment as was starting to look a little tired. However it was large and spotlessly clean with a lovely view to Kensington Palace.

I loved the little evening treats of canapes and chocolates in the room. Our romantic turndown was good although no music was put on. Not quite sure why they ask for music preferences as it did not appear that music was provided so I suggest updating your ipod ready for your visit. There is a docking station in the room.

Breakfast was very good however with so much choice around we did not eat in the hotel restaurant.

If you're thinking of visiting London and staying in a large impersonal hotel then don't, stay here instead.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Many thanks for your kind and honest feedback. I was so glad to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and also thank you for the points you raised which I will most definitely be looking in to. We do run a discreet but comprehensive rolling refurbishment programme of our all rooms and Public Areas to ensure that everything is looking at it’s best but I will certainly ensure that we follow-up on your constructive feedback. We also take the opportunity to provide preferred music wherever possible so I am sorry that you did not have this at Turndown. I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel once again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed in the Milestone for my sister's wedding. It was a beautiful hotel. A lovely breakfast and charming atmosphere in the bar at night time.The staff were so friendly and helpful. The service was 5 star. The best hotel I've stayed in!

• Stayed March 2011
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
I was delighted to read your very kind comments and I thank you for taking the time to let us know what a great stay you had with us. I have already passed on your comments to the relevant departments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Very Nice place to stay for business or leisure.
Thé staf is wonderful and the service... Just perfect.
Will make it again.
K

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. I was very proud to read your comments about our staff and the excellent service that they deliver at The Milestone and I have shared your comments with them already. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Milestone Hotel in the future.