“Not the best but very nice”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Milestone is a very nice hotel at a beautiful area. It may not be the best hotel I have ever stayed, but it is a nice place to stay for a few days for a short break in London

Room Tip: Room with view to the Kensington gardens
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. Mine and my teams aim is to ensure we do everything possible to make The Milestone Hotel the best possible hotel for our guests to enjoy. The only way we can do that is to listen to our valued guests feedback so we can then try our hardest to improve a particular detail of the facilities and service we deliver.

If you do have time please do feel free to contact me at any time as I would like to discuss your comments further personally with you.

Many thanks,

Andrew Pike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 10 June 2011

The Milestone Hotel is the finest hotel we have ever visited. My husband and I are ardent travelers and have been all over the world and will be happy to re-visit the staff at the Milestone Hotel whenever we will be in London.
We felt very much at home and felt sad to say good-bye.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Many thanks for you kind review. I have ensured your kind comments have been passed on to our team. I look forward to personally welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

We initially booked this hotel because our main priority was to stay within walking distance of the Royal Albert Hall. My goodness, we were not expecting it to be so amazing. The front desk staff are probably the most polite and helpful I have ever come across, and I am fairly well travelled. They are incredibly "proper and british" which added to the ambience of the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and you were treated like Royalty. They remembered your name every time they saw you which I thought was a very nice touch. We were given a guided tour of the hotel when we first arrived and then a complimentary glass of champagne. The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was heavenly. We felt as though we had discovered a goldmine with this hotel and will find it very difficult to want to stay anywhere else now when we stay in London. The hotel is a small boutique hotel, I think about 45 rooms or so. It made a refreshing change not to be staying in one of the larger hotels. Great location for Kensington, Knightsbridge, Sloane Square, etc. Breakfast was great with a wide selection. You could have afternoon tea for £70 per couple, which we did, and it was very very very nice! Could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Very under-stated discreet excellent service. Their staff are amazing! Valet parking available for £35.00 per day approx.

1  Thank KateMilton
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2011

Many thanks for your gracious feedback. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We pride ourselves on the service and facilities we provide our guests and this is only made possible by the great team I have at The Milestone Hotel. I am personally going to pass on your kind words to the team and I do hope to meet you on your next stay with us which I do hope is in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

Regarding our recent five day stay at the Milestone, we can only say that we feel that the Management have got the balance just right. Its a difficult trick to pull off but the staff were efficient whilst being genuinely helpful and friendly. More like a country house weekend than a city centre hotel. It is something we have become used to in the more relaxed setting of Bushman's Kloof (the Groups Wilderness Reserve in the mountains of the Cederberg in the Western Cape) - so a well done to the staff at the Milestone.

We wanted to stay at the Milestone as a special treat when we came to London to see family from South Africa as it was my 65th birthday. We have stayed at other hotels in the Red Carnation Group namely Bushman's Kloof and Twelve Apostles in Capetown but
what we weren't prepared for was the extra effort the staff made to make it a genuinely special day.

The head pastry chef really went the extra mile not only making a birthday cake but also a fun pre-desert of rare distinction in the form of a cigar and ash in chocolate in an ashtray. Cheneston's Restaurant have a rare talent in their kitchen, the blending of beetroot and parsnips into into deserts requires both imagination and flair.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

I thank you so much for your kind comments and was glad to read that we met your expectations . Our aim at The Milestone Hotel is to create a “home from home” relaxed feel to a guests stay. It is the excellent staff that I have that go the extra mile to ensure our guests every need is catered for. I was so pleased you liked your birthday cake by Chris, our brilliant Pastry Chef. I have passed your feedback to all of the team here and I hope that I have the chance to meet you on your next stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2011

The Milestone met our expectations and exceeded them in every way. The service was outstanding and the staff could not have been more friendly. From the minute we arrived we were greeted warmly and personably. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank davis4751

Thank you very much for your kind words. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a fantastic service experience. I have passed your comments on to my brilliant team. I look forward to personally welcoming you on your next stay.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2011

Having been to London several times before, I researched a number of potential Hotels for our stay. The Milestone was chosen based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 7 days during the middle of the month. We booked a Deluxe Studio room and upon check in, we were upgraded to a suite. This was an especially lovely gesture on the part of the Milestone.
Many Hotels pretend to be 5 star plus and have all the usual superlatives about staff and service yet usually fall down on the most important item - Service. This is where the Milestone excels - the service is outstanding. It appears the staff actually enjoy their jobs and are interested in ensuring the guests have a wonderful stay. From the Concierge and his staff (every day they were helpful with directions and restaurant reservations) to the housemaids who weaved their magic in tidying our suite we never encountered anyone who was less than happy with our requests.
There is a complementary computer for guests use available which is great - unfortunately even on holiday one has to check emails etc.There are so many wonderful touches from the fresh flowers to the bath oils thoughtfully provided.
We used the chauffer service to Heathrow and once again the chauffer was absolutely charming and affable. We have now found our preferred Hotel in London and next time we visit London we shall stay at the Milestone. This has to be one of the best Hotels we have stayed in worldwide.

2  Thank Sallymay4
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

I was very pleased to read your kind review following your recent stay with us at the Milestone. We will always do our best to find the perfect room for our guests so I am so pleased that we were able to upgrade you to one of our suites. I very much appreciate that for a longer stay the extra space is always welcome.
Most of all though I am reassured by your experience of our service as we work hard at this.
I notice that you also had the opportunity to use our chauffeur service. This we very much consider to be an extension of the hotel so I am pleased to note that you found the same level of care and attention. I will enjoy sharing your review with my team here and very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon to the Milestone.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

My wife and I stayed four nights in the Milestone Hotel. From the moment we arrived we had the best treat we ever had in Europe. Everything was beyond our expectation despite all the great reviews we already read in trip advisor. Location is very central, near to underground, Hyde park, Nothing Hill, Museums, great restaurants and shopping district (in particular Harrods).
Everyone in the Hotel is so friendly, professional and courteous that make you feel like staying in your own home with special service.
We're upgraded to a studio room which was spectacular with all kinds of in room amenities you could imagine. We had a bottle of champagne in the room with a beautiful card for my wife's birthday which really appreciated and portrayed the thoughtfulness of the management.
I couldn't really say anything as weakness of the hotel. Everything was honestly word class and I would like to thank the entire personnel again for their effort to make our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank MaxNel

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you found our location worked so well for you. We never tire of telling our guests about the many great facilities and things to do very close to where we are located.
When we have an opportunity to do a little something special it's always a pleasure and your wife's birthday celebration was a perfect opportunity. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Milestone in I hope the not too distant future.
Warm regards