4 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
£376
2,819 results
All reviews kensington palace afternoon tea stables bar red carnation hyde park welcome drink the entire staff turn down service albert hall rose petals favorite hotel little touches kensington high street charming hotel concierge staff home away from home small hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I am a regular guest of the Milestone Hotel. I have been for about 7 years now. I recently stayed there again for work and pleasure, and the Milestone remains one of the best hotels in any category, anywhere in the world. The service is incredible. Yet you feel you are at home. There is nothing stuffy or formal about the hotel.

The concierge desk with Jim, Neil and Jose is fantastic. The location can't be beat with Kensington Park right outside the door. The little gym is lovely and their is a tiny spa if you want to indulge. The English breakfast is fantastic and the bar areas lovely. The Milestone has the services of a five star hotel with the intimate feel of a boutique hotel or even huge townhouse home.

It is also quintessentially British which is lovely. A British friend who lives in London and came for tea keeps talking about how lovely the hotel was and as an Englishman it just felt perfect. Come here for pleasure or business. This is one of the great hotels in the world.

Room tip: The rooms overlooking the Park are lovely and there are no noise issues. The Saville Row room is fun.
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank lenorenewyork
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

My sincerest thanks for your glowing review of The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay especially the service you received from the Concierge team of Jim, Jose and Neil. They are a true asset to our hotel and I have passed your kind feedback on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next stay with us which I hope is very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed here recently in an upgraded suite based largely on trip advisor recommendations. The location is quite good and the maid staff was quite attentive. However there were a lot of little things that added up to a less than stellar experience. We were given a room where you could barely walk around the bed and the shower you had to watch your head. Also, on our welcome tour from our butler essentially we were told if we needed anything to talk to the concierge. Didn,t see our supposed butler for the remainder. The setting of the hotel is quite stuffy including the bar which is admittedly quite quaint. Little things like spiders in the hallway and doormen who were rarely at the door were minor annoyances also.

All in all, if you like things ver formal and can get the place cheap I would consider recommending it but don,t get your hopes up, especially if paying a premium like I did.

16  Thank Stanima

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was dissapointed that you had issues during your stay with us. I have taken note of them and am looking in to them in more detail. It is from feedback that guests give us that we try and improve the service at the hotel. At your earliest convenience please fell free to contact me persoanlly at any time to discuss your stay further with me.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Whenever we return to our beloved London, where we we fortunate enough to live for four years, we stay at The Milestone. It's perfectly situated in our former Kensington neighborhood but the most important reason we continue to choose this gem of a hotel is that it's quite simply the most welcoming, comfortable and charming home-away-from-home one could imagine. It's elegant without being stuffy. Each and every member of the staff is outstanding. We're always sad to leave and always look forward to our next visit. You'll love it!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank lynnjack

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you, once again, enjoyed our service and that the great team I am proud to have here have also once again exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "London" home in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We travel a great deal and have not, until now, found a hotel we truly like in London. This is a relatively small hotel, but with superb service and a lovely setting. Although not inexpensive, the rate included breakfast and tea on the first day (which was far better than tea at the Plaza in New York). The location is excellent, the common areas really lovely, and the room, although not large, was outstanding. They have thought of every possible detail that you want in a hotel room - from an unobtrusive night light so that you can make your way to the bathroom in the dark, to beautiful linens, to a useful work area with good connectivity. Bravo to the designer. We will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank renoNYC1940
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

I was really pleased to read your review. I was delighted that you enjoyed all of the service and facilities the hotel has to offer. I have past on your kind words to my team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Milestone Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards and many thanks

Reviewed 1 August 2011

I have stayed in the Milestone many times including the night before my wedding. (now divorced!) The rooms are mostly amazing and the staff always try to upgrade you wherever possible. Im almost certain that there is no other hotel in London that has terraces attached to rooms without upgrading to a huge suite like the Milestone does. I may have just been very lucky in the past though. I konw that alot of the clientele that frequent the Milestone are Americans looking for a slice of England and so that can make the hotel a cliche. I have lived in NYC and am a London native and it is still my hotel of choice. I locked myself out of my apartment last week. I told the taxi to take me straight to the Milestone at 2.30am! They looked up my details on the computer and arranged a great suite, more champagne, painkillers, and a hangover breakfast for me. When I checked out, yes there was a slight dent on my cc but it will teach me not to forget my keys again. (BTW) The hotel concierge went to collect my keys in the morning. Its a great place but do feel free to grill the staff about the room you are getting. When its full, I have stayed in a couple of very bland rooms. Be charming, this hotel really does have hidden gems that you will not find anywhere else in this city.
Bon nuit!

Room tip: Be charming. Mention an occasion.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank theladyt

Many thanks for your kind words about the hotel and the team we have here. I was glad you enjoyed your stay in your other London home and I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay.