“The best hotel in the best city in the world”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“The best hotel in the best city in the world”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Have been at The Milestone Hotel was one of the best experiences of my life, the attention of the staff is excellent, went to celebrate my birthday but my astonishment surpassed expectation, the best service, my room more beautiful and comfortable, wonderful!, food, first and delicious, the ability to read the newspaper to the fireplace makes The Milestone Hotel is just a warm place, a place where one can feel much better than in our own home.

I have only words of thanks for the wonderful days spent in London at the best hotel in the best city in the world!

Room Tip: as boutique hotel The Milestone Hotel has all the different rooms and each is a great and wonderful...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
I was so happy to read your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. I also really liked the pictures you took. Thank you for taking the time to do this and I have passed on your kind words to my team here at the hotel. I hope to personally welcome you back on your next stay with us.

Kind regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
nsw
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed with Friends at the Milestone Hotel and we all had just the most wonderful experience of"English Hospitality" The rooms are magnificent, Food is delicious and the Staff are just amazing....absolutely the best. We all felt so special and any help we needed with trips,directions etc was attended to in a most helpful manner. We all hope to return to the Milestone again.

Room Tip: We had an apartment which was excellent.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank littlelinnie
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially the Concierge services, the room facilities and the food service. I have already passed on your kind words on to my team here. I hope you get the chance to join us again soon and I will look forward to meeting you.
Kind regards,
guernsey
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Had a wonderful weekend at the Milestone with my daughter on our first mum and daughter weekend shopping for her birthday. Staff made us very welcome, all knowing my name. we had pre booked tickets to see The Lion King that evening which were brought to our room. (good seats) Had a burger in the lounge which was really good, we didn't have afternoon tea but it looked amazing.
Next day we had a full day shopping on our return there was a much needed pamper pack left in our room. Bath soak, foot scrub and face mask.. bliss.

Breakfast was good service again fantastic.

Our room also had homemade cookies which were soon tasted. Penhaligon products which smelt lovely.

On departure our bags were looked after until we headed to the airport.

5 service

Room Tip: We had the English rose room on the 5th floor which over looked the park which was nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was happy to read that you and your daughter had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed our facilities and our lounge food. I hope that you will both come back soon and try our afternoon tea !!
I have passed on your feedback to the team here and look forward to welcoming you back.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The staff was courteous and very helpful. Always on the job. This was a truly 5-star experience. The rooms were pretty and there were a lot of nice touches from the cookies & prunes that greeted us to the fancy Penhaligon bath products. Room service delivered tasty food quickly at 1am.

The staff anticipated our needs and gave us a tour of the hotel & also pointed out things of interest in the neighborhood.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank kbl312
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your recent stay with us. I was pleased you enjoyed your room, the facilities that we offer and also your late room service order. I have a great team here and will pass on your kind words to them. I hope to be able to personally welcome you to the hotel on your next stay with us which I hope is in the near future.

London
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Enjoyed a nice stay here
Food was great as was hospitality

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank JASON B
Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall experience at The Milestone Hotel. I hope you can stay with us again in the near future.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 23 November 2011

If you go to the The Milestone Hotel expecting an Ian Schager like experience with Armani Clad staff whispering into wrist microphones to maintenance the moment there is a finger print on an Elevator button you are going to be disappointed, however if you expect an extremely classy while managing to stay informal and highly personal experience of a quintessentially British hotel with tremendous history and impeccable service, then you are in for a treat.

One could be critical at first glances, but then you would be completely missing the point. This is a boutique hotel located in a premium area and innovative architecture and design have extracted beauty from every one of those precious square feet.

From the moment you walk in staff are attentive, but more importantly genuinely nice and interesting characters, multicultural, and it is obvious that they take pleasure in their jobs which they do with flow and grace.

I was extremely pleased to be upgraded to the Princess Suite on a LHW loyalty complimentary night. In room check in would have been a nice addition, but it is obvious due to space constraints in the smaller rooms that this would not be practical.

So with the bottle uncorked, the nose just develops and intoxicates you throughout your stay. Like a good book this hotel absorbs you and you realise that it's edge is not through a streamlined corporate hotel experience but through a blend of stunning touches complimented by utterly charming yet unobtrusive staff, who are so insightful and knowledgable it is a disappointment when they actually have to get on with other parts of their job.

For clearly obvious reasons this hotel has it's regulars and conversation and cheer flows through the public areas and bars during the evening.

Every request is attended to and the clients who joined me for meetings in my suite were made to feel like royalty. Early check-in and an incredibly generous late check out was granted to me.

For me the icing on the cake was the best nights sleep I have had in over 200 hotel stays over the past year with the late check out allowing me to gently wake up and slowly get myself ready for the stay. I would note that even after I had checked out due to a later than expected flight slot the service still continued with staff attending to me and bringing me treats until my car arrived late in the evening.

I had a couple of niggles and wrote in person to the Managing Director and received an immediate response, personalised, not a form letter. The items I raised are too trivial to post on Trip Finder.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough for a stay in London, indeed I have cancelled my reservation at the Ritz in a week and a few times & shall be returning to The Milestone Hotel. And then I shall return again and again......

My only regret is that i slept through breakfast, which is supposed to be superb. I do not doubt this.

Room Tip: Ask the staff when you book. Every room is different. I am actually looking forward to the surprise...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Adam B
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Thank you for your very kind observations and comments following your stay with us at the Milestone. We genuinely do work hard at creating a "home away from home" feel and making our guests' stay with us as personal and memorable as possible. I am delighted that you appreciated the various members of our team whom you came into contact with; we feel it's a positive point to have an International team of staff which enables us to cover most languages and also helps re-inforce what a wonderful cosmopolitan city London is. I'm also pleased to note that you enjoy the fact that each of our rooms is different. This does mean that regular guests get the chance to discover their favourites and make their special requests for future stays. We understand the added pressures of travel these days and anything we can do to help alleviate stress such as extended departure times, subject to availability, we will always do our very best to provide.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Milestone on your next visit to London!
Warm regards
Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 November 2011

A truly 5-star is definitely here. We had a memorable noble life in The Milestone a couple of weeks ago. Our superior room is designed with the luxurious English living style with antique furniture with lots of artwork and small brilliant details in every inch of the room. The staff are professional and very helpful in case we need anything. The restaurant below serves the exact standards of what so-called “fine dining”. Everything, of course, was pricey but it worths nothing for the benefits and comfort we gained during our stay. The only hardest thing to do is spend our most in this all-the-best-in-one-place hotel like this!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Keke_zeno
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
I was absolutely delighted to read your comments about your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you liked the style of our rooms and that you also enjoyed your dining experience with us. I have passed on your kind comments to the team here and I hope you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.