“Milestone Hotel - Excellent hotel with 5* service 24/7”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chester, United Kingdom
“Milestone Hotel - Excellent hotel with 5* service 24/7”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

On arrival at the Milestone we were greeted by very friendly concierge staff who quickly organised our rooms and luggage. The junior suite had excellent taste and decor. The rooms had everything to make our stay comfitable. What made our stay enjoyable was the personel touches like the turn back of the bed with a book and book light together with chocolates on the pillows.The bathroom was filled with luxurious cosmetics of excellent taste.
We have stayed at several 5* hotels in the city centre for conveniance but in our opinion nothing compares to the service and little extras provided at the Milestaone. My wife felt like a celebrity.
The hotel has an excellent view of Kennington Palace and Hyde Park.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: View the Milestane web site and look at the photographs. Every room is excellent the only differenc...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2011
Many thanks for your kind words. I was really delighted to read that yourself and your wife enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us including the great location we have by Kensinton Gardens.
I hope that you will stay with us again soon in the future when I would like to personally welcome you back.

Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 16 December 2011

The Milestone truly is a very nice and chique hotel and the service is nice and the rooms indeed very cozy - i have booked a junior suite and i have to say one thing.... for the price its quite normal you can offer a good service and a nice room - so NO surprise at all instead of that i got a quite normal good service and a quite normal nice room - so value money/value is ok but surely not WAU !
Have been in many hotels in asia/europe/america and got that service (without the small special extras like candles in the bathroom) for a total different price - off course its london ! but but but.... a junior suite where you can't watch tv in your bed (venetian suite) is quite "special", a suite whitout a view anywhere than the court is special again for the price and a suite where you can't wash yourself with two persons at the same time (just one place) is again very special - considering the price ..... ??

am i right or too picky ? ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view ouside at least !
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We recently had a wonderful family stay at The Milestone Hotel last weekend to celebrate a family birthday party. We were a large party and were accommodated well and even received some complimentary upgrades within our group. On arrival we were met by the very friendly concierge staff who kindly whisked our car away to a local NCP carpark and took our luggage into the hotel to make the arrival extremely seamless. The service in the hotel was very personal and various members of staff stood out as being very genuine and very happy to help, where possible. The rooms were all very individual and included many beautiful and personal touches. The complimentary beauty products in the room were a lovely surprise and you really felt very spoilt and pampered. I asked for some coffee making facilities in my room and within minutes was provided with a beautifully presented tray including freshly skimmed milk, a kettle, coffee and tea making facilities. The hotel was very baby friendly and provided a beautifully dressed cot in the room with a baby bathrobe and slippers which was a lovely personal touch. We were also provided with baby monitors which managed to stretch to the restaurant which was wonderful. The Breakfast in bed with newspaper was a wonderful treat and our Eggs Benedict was out of this world. The cocktails and martinis served in the bar were really delicious and there was a vast selection to choose from. It was the perfect location for a trip to London as the hotel is on the doorstep of High Street Kensington with wonderful Christmas Shopping and a very short walk from Hyde Park and all the sites of London. We will certainly be staying at this fabulous hotel the next time we visit London. Thank you for a fabulous stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I was happy that you and your family had a great stay with us and that you managed to dine with us and enjoyed some cocktails in our bar. I have shared your kind words with my team here and look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Sor-Trondelag, Norway
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We spent a weekend at The Milestone this December, and due to the ranking of Tripadvisor our expectations were high.The hotel met our expectations by miles- it was great in every way: The room was wonderful, the food delicious, and the staff exellent- they really make you feel welcome and special. The atmosphere at this hotel is special and calm- a place to relax.
We had an memorable celebration of our anniversary- the Milestone made it perfect!We will be back and recommend the hotel to everyone who wants to have a delightful stay in London!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Toril H
I was absolutely delighted to read your wonderful feedback following your recent anniversary stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team here at the hotel and I hope to be able to personally welcome you back on your next stay with us.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My wife and I have just returned home after spending a fantastic weekend at The Milestone. From the moment you walk in you get a level of service that we have never experiensed before at any other hotel. And it lasted until the moment we left.
We stayed in a junior suite and it was amazing. We are not able to point out one negative experiense from our stay so the next time we go to London we will not spend time looking for alternatives, we will stay at The Milestone.

• Stayed December 2011
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
I was so pleased to read your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to do this. I was delighted that you have now found your new home in London and that our service and your Junior Suite met your expectations throughout your whole stay with us. I have passed your kind words on to the great team we have here. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The hotel was a good 5* experience but we did not like the smallness of the old English style of the hotel. Our junior suite was smaller than executive rooms in most 5* hotels that we normally stay in. Thus the value for money satisfaction was not there.
On Sunday morning the breakfast was also slow and the service inadequate, mostly because the whole restaurant had only two waitors.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Imalivest
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent stay with us at the Milestone. I am most concerned to read that you were disappointed with the size of your suite. Each and everyone of our 62 rooms and suites is individually designed and decorated and will vary in size and lay-out. We try and pick up on any specific guest preferences from room decor and colour to room lay-out. I am confident that we can find you a suite that you will be very comfortable with and that you feel represents good value for money. Please do mention this when you next have plans to come to London.
I am also very concerned to read that you found our breakfast service to be slow. We do tend to find that many of our guests will take breakfast later at the weekends and this may result in a short delay whilst we reset tables but once we have you comfortably seated there should be no delay. Please accept my sincere apologies and we will ensure that we do much better for you in future. I do hope that in all other respects you enjoyed your stay with us and that we took good care of you.
Kind regards Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Have been at The Milestone Hotel was one of the best experiences of my life, the attention of the staff is excellent, went to celebrate my birthday but my astonishment surpassed expectation, the best service, my room more beautiful and comfortable, wonderful!, food, first and delicious, the ability to read the newspaper to the fireplace makes The Milestone Hotel is just a warm place, a place where one can feel much better than in our own home.

I have only words of thanks for the wonderful days spent in London at the best hotel in the best city in the world!

Room Tip: as boutique hotel The Milestone Hotel has all the different rooms and each is a great and wonderful...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
I was so happy to read your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. I also really liked the pictures you took. Thank you for taking the time to do this and I have passed on your kind words to my team here at the hotel. I hope to personally welcome you back on your next stay with us.

Kind regards,