“Christmas magic” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
MD
“Christmas magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We wre back at the Milestone again, and pleased to say thet the 'nightly little problems' (see my previous review) appear to have been resolved. Great breakfasts, tremendous staff and one of the friendliest and knowledgeable Concierges I have met - thanks Jose. Will be back..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jethrosdad
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2012

Thank you for your second review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your return trip to Kensington. My maintenance team have been pro actively working on all our systems to ensure that we do not have any challenges such as those experienced by you in 2009. Jose was very happy that he could handle all your requests and requirements and delighted that you appreciated his service.

I noted that you will be back and I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We were looking for somewhere special to spend our 10th wedding anniversary and Christmas, we found it at The Milestone. From the moment we walked in the door we knew we'd made the right choice. Everyone we met was so nice and welcomed you like a friend rather than a guest.

The room was big by London standards and the bathroom was also very spacious. We found a bottle of champagne in our room to congratulate us on our anniversary which was a lovely touch and also a birthday card. The bed was huge and the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in!

The rest of the hotel was beautifully decorated and felt warm and cozy. Breakfast was terrific with so many choices we had a different hot breakfast each morning! We didnt have afternoon tea but it looked amazing! Christmas dinner was a 5 course affair and even included a visit from Santa! We spent several great nights in the stables bar where we met some lovely people. Marcus remembered our 'usual' drinks and kept us supplied with nibbles!

We loved everything about the hotel and will definatley return again.

2 Thank HighMaintenance69

Thank you for your very complimentary review of The Milestone Hotel

Firstly congratulations again on your 10th Anniversary, I am delighted that you chose The Milestone Hotel to celebrate and that you enjoyed your Christmas here with us too. Our Christmas Dinner this year was one of our best ever and I am delighted that you managed to join us for the experience. Markus was delighted to read your comments about his service, and is looking forward to your next trip to Stables.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon.

Ledbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

The Milestone is a truly wondeful hotel, my partner and i were made to feel like we were coming home rather than residents of a hotel. Each member of staff took the time to talk to us personally and greeted us by first name, which was a lovely touch. The first time we visited we stayed in a master suite which was spotlessly clean and immaculately presented and overlooking kensington gardens; there was fresh fruit, flowers and champagne..all complimentary in the room upon arrival; the butler gave us a tour of the hotel and facilities and nothing we requested was declined, the level of service was the best either of us (who have travelled extensively) have ever experienced in a hotel. We have also stayed in a deluxe studio suite for an overnight stay and although smaller than the master suite, just as quirky, individual, clean and full of character.

I cannot recommend the Milestone highly enough, everything was perfect from the breakfast, dinner, room service through to concierge and general hotel services. We could not single one member of staff out as everyone goes above and beyond what we had expected, this really is a brilliant hotel for a romantic break (ask for legendary turndown!) or for any visit to london. We liked this hotel so much we returned within 3 weeks of our first stay and its one that will be on the top of our list of best hotel, can't wait to return again!.

Room Tip: Master suites overlook kensington palace and gardens...beautiful rooms!
4 Thank azizam1

Thank you for your lovely review of The Milestone Hotel

I am very happy that you had such a wonderful time with us. It is always great to read such a complimentary review from one of our valued frequent guests. My team work diligently to ensure The Milestone remains our guests’ home away from home, and I am delighted that you enjoyed their warm and engaging service. As you mentioned our individually decorated rooms also ensure that each of your Milestone experiences is special and unique regardless of which category room you book.

I do sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

As it was to be our last day in London before a long flight home to Australia, my husband and I decided to spend it in a little luxury at the Milestone Hotel. The hotel was even more than we had imagined with butler service for all and an amazing menu and bar list. The service was exceptional and the location right in the middle of London. We would return again and stay longer. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Julia2011_1

Thank you for your review of The Milestone Hotel

I am very happy that you enjoyed your short stay with us. We do pride ourselves on setting the standard for service delivery and I am delighted that you managed to experience this during your trip to the UK.

I noted that you will be back again and am looking forward to welcoming you back to The Milestone Hotel.

Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I decided to visit this hotel for our 2nd Wedding Anniversary on 26th December based on trip advisor reviews and we were not dissappointed. It is in a perfect location close to high street Kensington shops and Hyde Park.

On arrival we checked in and were shown to our room, we stayed in room 206. The room was beautiful and there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room and an anniversary card. The room was beautifully decorated and I could not fault it at all. The service was fantastic.

We parked in a public car park opposite which was £30 for 24 hours, very secure parking and only a short walk from the hotel.

We had afternoon tea which I would highly recommend, the sandwiches, cakes and warm scones were lovely and we were unable to finish everything! Which is unusual for us.

The breakfast was included in our room rate and this was very nice, a continental buffet and whatever we wanted from the menu.

Would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely like to return in the near future.

1 Thank J0andJames

Thank you for your review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted to read that you had such a great anniversary and enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased that you were able to join us for our award winning Afternoon Tea; the warm scones are always a special treat. Your comment on the Service my team deliver was especially well received. I always enjoy reading such complimentary reviews during our briefings.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to The Milestone Hotel again soon.

Kent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Imaginatively designed and decorated room and impressive balcony. Well equipped too with superb toiletries towelling etc. Very good breakfasts indeed! But dinner was a letdown, but then there were no other dinners. First course skate - very good. Poorly presented Kobe steak (? Was it Kobe?). Ghastly desert in a roll of jelly and glutinous custard. Charming waiting though

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank KentFrequentFlyer
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 25 December 2011
Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. Whilst I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our breakfast and the service of our restaurant team I am most concerned to read of your disappointment with our front-of-house team. We work hard to deliver a warm and friendly service and indeed recruit our team on these very same principles. Although I am sure your experience was a "one off" we will take this on the chin and review how we are perceived as we realise the importance of "first impressions".
I am also very sorry to hear of your disappointments with your dinner. We most certainly should have offered you replacements for those dishes that you felt did not meet your expectations.
We do change our menu seasonally and we also regularly check the quality and presentation of each dish. Please rest assured that your comments have already been followed up and we will be reviewing each and every menu item when we introduce our New Year's menu.
Kind regards Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

On arrival at the Milestone we were greeted by very friendly concierge staff who quickly organised our rooms and luggage. The junior suite had excellent taste and decor. The rooms had everything to make our stay comfitable. What made our stay enjoyable was the personel touches like the turn back of the bed with a book and book light together with chocolates on the pillows.The bathroom was filled with luxurious cosmetics of excellent taste.
We have stayed at several 5* hotels in the city centre for conveniance but in our opinion nothing compares to the service and little extras provided at the Milestaone. My wife felt like a celebrity.
The hotel has an excellent view of Kennington Palace and Hyde Park.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: View the Milestane web site and look at the photographs. Every room is excellent the only differenc...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2011
Many thanks for your kind words. I was really delighted to read that yourself and your wife enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us including the great location we have by Kensinton Gardens.
I hope that you will stay with us again soon in the future when I would like to personally welcome you back.

Kind regards