“Faultless afternoon tea”

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Oxfordshire
“Faultless afternoon tea”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

When in London, we usually have afternoon tea in one of the big five star hotels, so we weren't sure what to expect from a boutique hotel like the Milestone, but were seduced into trying it by an online photo of the Park Lounge. We weren't disappointed. The ambience of the Lounge was fantastic with rich fabrics and huge bookcases of old books - warm, welcoming and sumptuous. The tea itself was great: plentiful finger sandwiches, including a chicken one rolled in chopped almonds; light, warm scones with cream and a delightful strawberry/raspberry mixed jam, plus a good selection of dainty tea pastries - we needed a doggie bag for those! The service was attentive but discreet. We really couldn't fault the whole experience and look forward to going again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kerryandrob
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent Afternoon Tea experience. We pride ourselves on the service, facilities and of course the Afternoon Tea fayre we offer to our guests. I was pleased you also liked the surroundings and I do hope you get the chance to join us again soon.

Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Stuttgart
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just had a wonderful weekend at the Milestone Hotel, and highly highly recommend this little gem. I genuinely couldn't fault anything about this wonderful hotel, from the location, to the warm, welcoming and caring staff, to the gorgeous food and wine at the restaurant. The room was charming, and the bed the most comfortable I've slept in.
Thank you for having us!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
I was delighted to read your comments and that you found every aspect of your stay, including the most comfortable beds in London !!, to your liking. Thanks you for taking the time to right this review and I hope you come and join us at The Milestone Hotel again inthe near future.
Kind regards,
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at the Milestone approximately two years ago and it was great, so we went back on our recent trip. Things HAVE NOT changed. We had a bigger suite this time, Prince Albert Master Suite and were much happier with the additional room. Still great service and ambience. Scones, tea sandwiches were lovely. The restaurant is great. Good going Milestone. Many hotels do not maintain their excellent standards.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite small. Discuss the size with the hotel to make sure you have the amount of spa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ciraulo1
I was so pleased that firstly you came back to stay with us and secondly that we have maintained our service standards that we pride ourselves in. The Prince Albert Suite is a truly wonderful room and again was pleased that this met your requirements along with our fantastic Afternoon Tea selection.
I hope that you will be joining us again soon and I look forward to welcoming you personally. I have passed your great feedback to the team.
With kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I picked the Milestone for afternoon tea as the dining room looked really intimate, comfortable and had lovely charm. When we arrived the staff couldn't have been more polite or helpful. The selection of teas was fantastic and there was more than enough delicious sandwiches, warm scones and cakes to go round. Often with afternoon teas in London the cakes are a little sub standard, more attention going onto appearance than taste but that was definitely not the case here. We had a lovely relaxing afternoon, so much so that time ran away with us before we'd had a chance to have our complimentary cocktail but the staff we very willing to serve us in the bar area which was fabulous, very 'ralph lauren' style with horse painting and a cigar room vibe.

I'd whole heartedly recommend the Milestone and I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: ask for the table by the window, fabulous comfy armchairs and a view of the park
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sarahmac1983
Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review on our Afternoon Tea. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the whole experience including the Stables Bar.
I hope that you will be returning to us soon ?
Norwich
Reviewed 27 April 2012

A colleague and I stayed at this luxury hotel for two nights at short notice. The staff were extremely welcoming upon our arrival and gave us a guided tour of the facilities whilst our luggage was taken upstairs.

The rooms (a King Double and Studio) were unforgettable; true luxury which was a welcome retreat at the end of each day.

On top of the luxury of each room, the services were excellent. Satellite TV, reliable Internet access and top draw room service.

Our breakfast each morning was superb and the hotel is literally 3 minutes walk from High Street Kensington tube station (sadly our expenses policy didn't quite cover the use of the hotels Chauffeur driven Bentley...).

Highly recommended all round!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Oliver B
Many thanks for your great feedback following your recent stay with us. I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed our service and the small touches that make the Milestone so special. I was glad you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on your next trip to London.

Many thanks,
Abdrew Pike
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Visited this hotel April 2012, and the hotel is exceptional in many ways; from top location to quality of rooms and decor, topped off with a commitment to great service you wont see in many places in London.

I was on business on this occasion but already looking into a family stay at the hotel.

All in all very special and although price reflects this - it is far superior to all of the chain hotels which offer similar rates.

Room Tip: Take a room with balcony if available!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
I was so pleased to read your feedback and that you found your stay "exceptional". I really do hope you get the chance to bring your family. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here.
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Milestone Hotel in one of their apartments. We were traveling with 2 teenage children and my mother. The accomodations were fabulous! We had so much space and the rooms were beautful. The service was exceptional...the hotel didn't know what to do for us next and the food was great. Breakfast was wonderful, we really enjoyed high tea and had a lovely dinner one eve in the hotel sitting by the fireplace. The concierge service was top notch. In fact, I forgot my house keys at the hotel and they immediately sent my keys back to me in the states. I travel alot for business and pleasure and must say that this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay there on our next trip to London. It was truly an exceptional find. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it an 11! I can't wait to come back to the Milestone!

Room Tip: We stayed in Apartment #1. It had a very large living room on the 1st floor that we put a roll away...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Francine18
Thank you so much for your kind review. Our Apartments are ideal for families and I was delighted that you gave us a 11 out of 10 for you overall stay. I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel. I look forward to meeting you and your family on your next trip to us.
Kind regards