“Amazing Afternoon Tea at Milestone Hotel”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I had a delightful experience of afternoon tea at the Milestone Hotel this afternoon. I'm a big fan of afternoon tea and had to write a review on here for this one.

I visited the hotel with my brother and other cousins today. We decided to visit early (1pm sitting). The sitting finished at 2.45pm which offered ample time for us to enjoy the experience and the gorgeous food.

The service was excellent. Right from the moment we stepping into the hotel, we were made to feel special without overdoing it. The small, intimate room that is used for afternoon tea is delightful. We were seating on comfortable sofa.

I selected a peppermint tea and enjoyed a selection of sandwiches, cakes, tarts, pasties and more. The waitress that served us was courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Some of us were vegetarian and they prepared sandwiches especially for us. The aubergine sandwich was yummy! The scones were served hot when we were ready for them. This was a nice touch.

Overall a wonderful experience. Delicious food, wonderful decor, relaxing atmosphere and outstanding service. One of my fav places for afternoon tea in London.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sham007
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience in our beautiful Park Lounge. I was pleased that we met your expectations and also your dietary requirments. We pride ourselves on ensuring we cater for all of our guestst requests. I do hope that you come back to see us again soon and that we once again meet your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to our Food and Beverage team here.
Andrew Pike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Perfect hotel experience in the heart of Kensington! Staff couldn't have done enough-rooms were beautiful, comfortable and spotless. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

I was really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to post such a nice review. We do have a great location here in Kensington and I do look forward to personally welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

This is my favourite place to stay in London. It's hard to find anything to criticise.

The hotel is just the right size. Small enough to be personal, but big enough to have a proper restaurant (and room service) and its own small (but functional) gym. Service here is both extremely competent and friendly.

They pay incredible attention to the smallest details. Two tiny examples I remember: in the desk they put a complete set of office supplies (paper clips, scissors etc); when leaving for the airport, they offered a couple of small bottles of Evian water to take with us.

I also appreciate having free wifi. Almost the only annoyance in the hotel is that their third-party WiFi system requires you to login with a username and password each time you use it, rather than using a simple password that you enter in your phone/computer one time. Fortunately they have wired internet as well, so you can workaround this by bringing your own portable access point.

Room Tip: The Prince Albert Suite is my favourite. Beautiful decoration, lovely view. Not cheap, though.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review. We pride ourselves on the attention we pay to even the most minute detail so we can enhance our guests stay. This is all made possible by the brilliant team I have here at the hotel who I have passed your kind words on to. I was so pleased you enjoyed our facilities and you found your "home from home" in London. I look forward to personally welcoming you on your next visit to us.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The service here is very nice. They will only change 500 pounds a day and for some that may be an issue. While I have absolutely no idea how the pack so much stuff in the rooms that are entirely too small. If you are less than 5 ft tall the shower will work great for you! We moved to the ritz after two nights. Couldn't take it any longer

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Jgorski1
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Mr Gorski

Thank you for your review of The Milestone Hotel

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations and it is truly what sets the Milestone apart from other hotels in London.

I have noted your comments about the size of your room and am sad that your Suite and Apartment did not suit your family, we did allocate you the best rooms we had available at the time, sadly as we were fully booked we were unable to offer you any suitable alternative. All our rooms are unique here at the Milestone I am sure that, had occupancy allowed we would have found something suitable to your Family’s expectations. As for the foreign exchange limit, I can appreciate that this causes an inconvenience but it is unfortunately one of our audited company policies, for our guests who do wish to exchange larger amounts there is a Foreign Exchange Bureau located less than a minute down the road from us to which a member of our team would happily accompany our guests.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Milestone Hotel truly is.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

A wonderful warm and welcome English London Hotel. A very good choice for those who like to feel cared for and comfortable. We stayed over the jubilee weekend and had a lovely time.

The service is impeccable, nothing is too much trouble and we found every single member of staff to be kind and genuinely helpful. They continuously looked for ways to make our stay memorable and to anticipate any needs we may have had ~ a rare commodity. The English charm and beauty of the hotel will make for a very authentic stay for guests who are not British and are in the UK to sample the culture and enjoy London. It is a charming hotel overlooking Kensington gardens in a very quiet and peaceful area of London. London can be busy and demanding and exciting, and it is very nice to retire to the comfort and cosiness of this hotel.

We stayed in a suite overlooking the garden to the front of the hotel. It was very quiet and beautifully decorated in a true English style. The beds were extremely comfortable and we liked the split level design which suited our family very well.
The room service was razor sharp. The breakfast a delight sitting in front of the fire. Everyone seemed relaxed, there were on this occasion lots of couples and many families staying. I did not find the hotel formal at all, although the decoration naturally lends itself to formality ~ I did not feel any need to stop the children chattering about their day and we all felt relaxed and at ease ~ our children were made to feel extremely welcome and valued. As was our little dog! Who loved the specially prepared lunch chosen from her very own room service menu! Brilliant!

You will not find a more welcoming or enjoyable stay anywhere in London ~ wonderful service, beautiful hotel. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. I was absolutely delighted to read your thoughts on on your families stay with us. I have passed on your comments to my team here. We always try to anticipate our guests needs and was really glad we met your expectations on this stay and I hope to have the pleasure to personally welcome you all back to The Milestone Hotel in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2012

If you want to stay at the best hotel in London, this is it! Service is fantastic, they do everything that they say they can and will do, the staff is always thinking ahead and the rooms are beautiful. Close to almost everything and within walking distance to Harrod's and many terrific pubs/restaurants. I can't wait to go back!
SWP, Scottsdale, AZ

Room Tip: Room 209 is a palace
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven P
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your very complimentary review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you rated The Milestone as the number 1 hotel in London, we have in fact just been voted as the 5th best service hotel in the World by the readers of Travel and Leisure Magazine. Our team are all 100% devoted to deliver the highest levels of service and exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. I am also happy that you enjoyed being in the Kensington area, we do have such a wonderful variety of pubs, restaurants, shops and parks all around the hotel. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Even though we only had an overnite, we were boarding a cruise ship in southhampton the following day, this was a most enjoyable interlude. The hotel is charming and well kept, but I think the overwhelming asset it has is the service. The concierge Jose is superb; very helpful and never a negative response to any request. We were a party of five (3 rooms) and each room, though not large was very well tended. The breakfast offered was delious and offered a nice variety; we had dinner as well, but because it was part of an inclusion with platinum american express the menu was quite limited. The location is terrific, walk up a few blocks and there is a whole foods supermarket , of course there is kensington park. This hotel defintely bears a repeat!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gemini50

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your insightful review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you chose The Milestone for your overnight stop in London. Our team were very happy to read you comments about their excellent service; they do constantly strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. We were very happy to read about your breakfast experience. We will take your comments on board regarding our Table D’hôte Menu when we roll out our mid summer offering. I am also very happy that you enjoyed the beautiful Hyde Park right in front of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.