“Earns Its Five Stars”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2012

In the realm of attentive service, luxury accommodations and attention to detail, The Milestone ranks in the very top tier of all the hotels we've been privileged to enjoy around the world. Afternoon tea service is impeccable. Even its restaurant was absolutely wonderful with a first class chef and sommelier, which is often not the case with hotel dining. Lord willing, we will visit this beautiful city again and, without a doubt, stay at The Milestone.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Ready4nextadventure
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I was delighted to read your comments and especially pleased that you enjoyed the food and beverage service that we provide in the hotel. We pride ourselves on the service and the product we have here at The Milestone Hotel and was really glad that we met your expectations. I hope to be able to personally welcome you back on your next stay.I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.
Andrew Pike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I have traveled extensively and stayed at some great hotels. The Milestone surpassed all. The staff is superb and dedicated to excellent service. The hotel's location, across from Kensington Park, allows for a pleasant escape from the city and a beautiful view from one's room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brent_DuBeshter
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post such a fantastic review. As I do with all our reviews, I will be passing your very kind words on to my great team here at the hotel. I was so pleased that we made your anniversary trip so special and that we exceeded your expectations.
I do hope that you get the chance to come and join us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

If you like smaller Hotels, we could not review this one more highly. Personal and attentive service, clean rooms, and a lovely dining room. We stayed about a week at the end of May and look forward to going back this August. Nice and quiet, beautifull old world decor.....and the breakfast buffet is good.

1  Thank David A
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in all areas of the hotel including the Restaurant and that you found our service to be personal and attentive.

I do hope that you can join us once again very soon when I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

A friend recommended The Milestone Hotel for our first trip to London. We're so grateful for this perfect introduction to a wonderful city. Lovely, quiet atmosphere, classic British decor and first class service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you so much for posting your great feedback on your recent stay and that we met your expectations following the recommendation from your friends. I have passed your kind words on to my team here and I do hope that you will come for your second stay soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The Milestone has that quintessential English charm. From the moment you arrive the staff can't do enough for you. The rooms, while on the small side, are all beautiful and immaculately clean. We only had breakfast (room service) at the hotel; it was delicious and it was delivered promptly.

Special commendations to all the staff, but especially Stephanie, Alisa (both at the front desk) and Jose (concierge) who all go above and beyond expectations to make sure you are happy.

It is located within a (very safe) 5 minute walk to the tube station.

Thank you to the Milestone for a special stay in London!

2  Thank ONskigirl
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the hospitality given to you by Stephanie, Ailsa and Jose. I have passed on your thanks to them personally and also to the rest of the team. I do hope that you will join us again soon at The Milestone Hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I had a delightful experience of afternoon tea at the Milestone Hotel this afternoon. I'm a big fan of afternoon tea and had to write a review on here for this one.

I visited the hotel with my brother and other cousins today. We decided to visit early (1pm sitting). The sitting finished at 2.45pm which offered ample time for us to enjoy the experience and the gorgeous food.

The service was excellent. Right from the moment we stepping into the hotel, we were made to feel special without overdoing it. The small, intimate room that is used for afternoon tea is delightful. We were seating on comfortable sofa.

I selected a peppermint tea and enjoyed a selection of sandwiches, cakes, tarts, pasties and more. The waitress that served us was courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Some of us were vegetarian and they prepared sandwiches especially for us. The aubergine sandwich was yummy! The scones were served hot when we were ready for them. This was a nice touch.

Overall a wonderful experience. Delicious food, wonderful decor, relaxing atmosphere and outstanding service. One of my fav places for afternoon tea in London.

3  Thank sham007
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience in our beautiful Park Lounge. I was pleased that we met your expectations and also your dietary requirments. We pride ourselves on ensuring we cater for all of our guestst requests. I do hope that you come back to see us again soon and that we once again meet your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to our Food and Beverage team here.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Perfect hotel experience in the heart of Kensington! Staff couldn't have done enough-rooms were beautiful, comfortable and spotless. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

I was really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to post such a nice review. We do have a great location here in Kensington and I do look forward to personally welcoming you on your next stay with us.