“Fantastic hotel, Wonderful experience”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I got to know the hotel in February when I was looking for a place to have afternoon tea in London and found the address on the list of the Top London Tea Place Awards 2011.
I had the chance to visit some of the rooms at that time and immediately fell in love with the hotel and could not think about anything else than coming back.
The decoration is exactly matching my taste; it is very traditional and very beautiful.
So after a few months of patience and of dreaming about it, I finally came back last weekend and had an amazing stay.
I had booked a superior double room and was hoping secretly to get upgraded, and when I arrived at the reception I was informed that my wish came true and I was offered a Deluxe King!!
The room was magnificent with a beautiful view on Kensington gardens. And I loved every small attention that the hotel offered, like the welcome drink, a little gift, a tour of the hotel facilities upon arrival, etc.
I had of course again afternoon tea in the Park-Lounge, which is my favourite room in the hotel and it was as good as usual.
I have always loved nice hotels and I have asked to see some other rooms because every room is decorated in a different style and I would like to thank again Alexa who took the time to show me some other rooms of the hotel.
They are all decorated with style and with attention to details. I would also like to thank all the staff for their kindness and patience; they really try to satisfy all requests. And a final thank you for the upgrade, I just loved the room and really felt like a princess!!
I understand why this hotel gets so much prices and I can only recommended it.
I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a delightful review of your recent stay with us. I was really happy to read your feedback about your experiences in the hotel and how comfortable and happy yuou were with the service and surroundings that we provide. I have passed on your kind words on to Alexa and the rest of the great team I have here at the hotel.
I really do hope that you can join us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and i stayed at the milestone for our one year wedding anniversary recently and it was without doubt the best hotel experience we have ever had. Having stayed at a number of London's finest hotels this hotel truly trumps them all. Everything was absolutely perfect from start to finish, the staff are all absolutely charming, polite, engaging and clearly all enjoying their time at the Milestone as much as we were. This creates a wonderfully relaxed yet refined experience, perfect for a romantic getaway. As mentioned in most of the other reviews here, the little touches and extras provided really do make the difference and this really makes the Milestone stand out from the crowd. Thank you again to all the staff we met, and we are both recommending the hotel to anyone who will listen!
We cannot wait to return and would've stayed longer if we could have. See you soon! X

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

I was really happy to read your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was so deligted that you and your wife enjoyed such a special occasion with us and that you had a wonderful stay with us. I was so happy to read that you liked all the little touches we provide for our guests and I have passed on your very kind words to my great team here.

I do hope that you will join us once again soon and thank you for passing on your thoughts to your friends and family.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I love everything about this hotel. From the minute you make contact to plan your stay, the service, my room, personal touch on every level is like being home and treated with special care. The accomodations were lovely - the location was perfect for getting around London - easy walk to the tube; great neighborhood to explore; great restaurants, museums and parks in walking distance; I was traveling alone some of the time and never felt lonely or unattended to. Staff are like friends now. Concierge staff, bar staff, front desk staff, restaurant staff-everyone looking for ways to make your stay perfect.The restaurant was wonderful - Hotel manager Andrew sets the right culture of service there and I know something about this in my line of business. I've been twice now and couldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The manager was helpful in securing the best room for my budget - lot of choices, even apts if you...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

I was so happy to read your lovely feedback following your recent return visit to us. I was delighted that we met your high expectations once again and I look forward to welcoming you back once again in the very near future.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Everything about this little botique hotel was perfect. The staff, ambiance, quality, service, friendliness, helpfullness and above all the entire experience was excellent.
Everyone did as much as they could to ensure your stay was perfect.
We were addressed by name as soon as we arrived, our car was parked and collect for us. My boyfriend had a birthday gift and card.
If you needed anything they were only to willing to help.
We will be back and just know it will be a wonderful experience.
It was recommended by the Royal Albert Hall and so they gave us a 20% which created a good feel.

Room Tip: I looked on line as they offer a variety and its worth making sure you get a room that suits your mo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie E
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such glowing feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that your boyfriend liked his birthday gift and that you found the service and overall experience of staying with us a positive one. I really do hope that when you come back to London you will join us once again. I have, as I always do, passed on your really kind words on to my great team here.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed there for a couple of weeks, Great location right across from the park,the hotel offers a lovely atmosphere, very friendly, traditional English decor which we loved. Great service. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted that you enjoyed the atmosphere we create in the hotel along with the service we provide. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I do hope that you can come to stay with us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed at The Milestone for the first week of the Olympics.This Hotel made the holiday even more memorable.This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and it is the staff who make it such a great place. The service is excellent and you are made to feel so welcome and so much at home. Additionally the Hotel is in a great location in London so that you can walk to all the main tourist attractions after having a wonderful breakfast of fresh fruit and cooked English.The rooms - both bedrooms and public rooms are extremely comfortable and cosy.No request is too much to ask for.I cannot recommend this Hotel more highly and I am already planning my next stay here. David Cullen

Room Tip: A room at the front looking onto Kensington Gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mr Cullen,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I was delighted that we met your expecations in so many ways. It was our pleasure to look after you during this really amazing time in London. I have also passed on your kind words to the team. Please do let me know when you plan to return to us and I will be welcoming you back personally.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here few nights and loved every moment. The hotel has lovely cosy rooms, staff are very friendly, service is great and atmosphere is so welcoming . They makes you feel so valued and special. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review of The Milestone Hotel

I am delighted that you enjoyed our warm and friendly service. I am happy that you found your room to be cosy and to your liking, being a boutique hotel with 62 individually decorated rooms, suites and apartments it is very important to us that our guests find a room they can enjoy and call their home away from home. Reading such a great report on our service is always a real pleasure.

I sincerely hope that you will be back for a return visit again soon.

Kindest regards