“Personal luxury”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This hotel is my so far first choice when staying in London. The hotel has a very personal touch by all the staff members and you are beein reconized by everyone in the staff who always are willing to help you with anything.

Just a few minutes to Kenington high str supwaystation or just take the bus a few step from the hotel if you like to travel above ground.

The food is excellent by the Norwegian chef and so so good.

We stayed for two days and had a lovely time and it's just ashame we did not have time to try the poolrelaxing area.

My warmest recommendations.

Room Tip: If you see a room you like on their website, just ask for it and the staff will try to give that to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that the great team here delivered a service that met with your expectations. I was pleased that yoyu enjoyed the facilities and location of the hotel in Kensington. Please do come back again soon and enjoy our Spa facilities also. As always I have passed on your kind words to the team also.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at the Milestone Hotel on Saturday for one night for a long weekend in London for a celebration. We arrived by taxi, and were met by a well dressed doorman, ( Hat and tails) who advised us to leave the luggage and to go into the hotel, ' he would look after the luggage for us. - our weekend had started straight away.

We were met by very welcoming staff politely and quietly in a sincere and warm fashion. Lovely.

Check In was confirmed and we were advised we were in a beautiful room and luggage would follow shortly. It did - within 7 minutes on arrival in our room ! The room was breathtaking, and a birthday card was on the table from the staff and management and a birthday cake followed within minutes after a phone call offering a welcome drink, whilst we got ready for our dinner out. ( We arrived late ) We Ooh and Aahd and later said we wished were staying in.

The restaurant menu looked good and the ambience in the restaurant with the elegant singer placed discreetly nearby was an appealing idea, after our long journey, So much so that after dinner we returned to the hotel to spend time in the bar and experience the cocktails.

We were not disappointed. The Melon Martini's are exquisite- ( hopefully we will nip in again for one of those if in the area) . You could even taste which type of melon had been used!

It seems each member of staff has been picked for their personality. Everywhere, individual attention was given. The room was wonderful,and we enjoyed our Organic beauty packs later when we were relaxing The food at breakfast plentiful and a great selection of choice. No lunch required.

This was more than home from home - I would like to live like this every day so we will be returning to use the Spa as well next time( we ran out of time). Thank you so much to all of the staff, every single member contributed in making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Spoilt for choice... depends on number in party. ask staff advice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenyantraveller1

I am so grateful that firstly you took the time to post your review and secondly that the feedback you did leave were great. You certainly managed to try most of our facilities and was delighted that we met your expectations. We always try our hardest to make our guests feel at home with the little touches we provide . I do hope that you will come back to experience the hotel once again and I hope you will also get time to enjoy our Spa facilities.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Had afternoon tea today at the milestone I was a bit nervous going in as it was really posh deffinatly not a jeans n tshirt place. On entering the hotel the staff were really friendly and welcoming. The afternoon tea was super we had the half bottle of champagne option and for london and the selection and amount of food you got I felt it was good value.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank cfewster

I was really happy to read that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience with us in our Park Lounge. Our aim is to ensure all of our guests come to the hotel and feel at home and I was so glad that you felt at home and found it good value for money.
Please do come and try it again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I was booking a weekend in London for my girlfriends 30th bday and also to propose to her. From the moment that I dialled the number the to make the booking the service that I received was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble, they offer a personalised service.

The rooms are all very well appointed, with many personal touches, best service in London and I certainly will be back.

Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I was so happy to read that your entire Milestone experience met your expectations during your recent stay with us and that your wedding proposal went to plan. We always try to make our service as personlised as possible and I hope that we get the chance to provide you with our great service again soon. As always I have passed on your very kind words to my great team here.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed at the Milestone as part of a birthday/anniversary treat. Nothing was too much trouble, the staff were friendly and very welcoming. Our room was spotless and we were greeted with a welcome glass of champagne to help us settle in. Well recommended!

1  Thank sarah b

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your birthday/anniversary stay with us recently. I was pleased that the great team here ensured you were looked after upon arrival and during your stay. I do hope that you will enjoy our hospitality once again in the near future. I have passed your kind words on to my team.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed there with my miss while visiting friends in London. If you are used to 5-star service, this hotel will not disappoint. Spacious and very well appointed rooms, decorated in Victorian style, friendly staff, personalised service. Location is fantastic, even if you (like we) are not interested in doing much tourism. We stayed there for 2 nights and had wish our visit was longer. Will definitely stay back if back in London.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to leave your feedback. I have passed on your kind words to my team here. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Milestone Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed at the Milestone for 3 nights at the concluding part of a longer stay in GB. We have travelled fairly extensively throughout the world and can say that the level of service at the Milestone is as good as we have experienced anywhere. The property is beautifully decorated in an estate style, without seeming overwhelming. If you want a grand soaring lobby with overwhelming spaces, this is not for you. But if you want genteel luxury, try out the Milestone. Note that our room was a bit cramped, although well furnished. If you want a larger room, such are available at a higher price point, but in truth this is a true 5 star property and is priced accordingly so this comment is made by way of advice and not complaint, since if you plan to stay here, cost is probably not your main concern.
Speaking of complaints, we did have one issue, which probably will not be repeated. When we arrived, a reality TV show was filming in the reception area. As we checked in the camera trained in on me, although I was asked for permission first. Trying to be a good sport (and my wife being in that industry) I went along with it without complaint, but afterwards felt that guests should not be placed in this uncomfortable situation particularly when arriving at such a high end property.
Management probably should have refused permission to shoot a reality show at their flagship property for their guests comfort, as I do not know how many guests may feel its intrusive but not complain. Anyways the show wrapped filming after a week so no one should feel dissuaded by this comment as the film crew is hopefully gone. Just worth noting though, even the best experiences can have little nettles along the way.

Room Tip: Get exterior room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Milestone following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our service and the style of our property.
I note that you found your room a little smaller than you had expected. Our rooms may vary in size, not only from category to category but even within the same category with no two rooms alike. We will always try and find the right room for each of guests and appreciate that luggage storage space is always an important factor. Please do mention this when you next I hope have the opportunity to stay with us and we will ensure that we find you a more spacious room.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you felt in any way uncomfortable from the filming that was taking place during your stay. We tried very hard to ensure that not one of our guests was in anyway inconvenienced or made to feel uncomfortable and this indeed was our very first concern when planning this. It is very rare for us to engage in such projects for this very reason so I am especially sorry and please rest assured that we will work harder to avoid such a situation in future. Thank you for this valuable feedback which is much appreciated.
Kind regards Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel.