“A wonderful place to spend a special anniversary”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“A wonderful place to spend a special anniversary”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

A truly special hotel. Have spent time at a number of superb hotels but none can touch the sheer elegance of the Milestone. The warm and friendly staff leave no stone unturned to make sure that the guests have everything that they require. On returning from our evening meal we were overwhelmed to find that the room had been decorated with rose petals and was bathed in candle light. A brilliant touch. Go treat yourself, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Go that extra mile and treat yourself to a suite
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
I was so glad that you chose to spend your anniversary with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on the little touches we provide to our guests and was delighted that we met your expectations with the romantic turndown we arranged for you and your wife.
I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

So many hotels in number to choose from but the previous reviews made this almost an obligatory choice.Great location and the staff are excellent in making you welcome and delivering a very personal and attentive service.
The facilities and the ambience are first rate and I would have no hesitation in enjoying the experience again.
A great team of people running a special hotel.

1 Thank Peter B
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was so pleased that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I have here and do hope that you visit us once again very soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

From the first moment we were met at the door to the Milestone we were blown away by the truly real level of concern, support and warmth of the entire staff of the Milestone. The Sr Concierge Jose is a magic man, he knows all the best spots and his experience made this part of our vacation more than special! An example of the commitment to the client that Milestone represents is that when we were unable to attend a West End theater at the VERY last minute due to illness, Jose was able to obtain a refund (minus admin charge). OUTSTANDING is all we can say, for the whole Milestone team!!! While not the cheapest hotel in London, if you want a 5 star personal experience you can't do better than the Milestone and it's team.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room we had was very good with a great view onto the Park but it is strictly for two peop...
1 Thank John W
I was so happy to read your comments following your recent stay and many thanks for taking the time to do this. I have passed on your kind words to Jose and his team. They along with the rest of the hotel team always try their hardest to deliver good honest customer service at all times.

When you return to the UK please do come and stay with us again.

Kind regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The hotel location is very remarkable and close to Oxford St. The staff starting from concierge to reception are friendly and welling to help. They recieve you with a smile and they let to you feel you are @ home. The room well decorated with modern interior design, the room amenities are good. Wifi is free all the time and they have a nice lobby. I liked the Gym and spa facility. I would highly recommend this hotel to whose looking for luxury stay in London with money value. I will visit this hotel again and again

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debby I
I would like to really thank you for taking the time to post review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the welcome, facilities and most importantly the service to your liking. Our goal is to always provide a "home form home" experience.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2012

A gem of a hotel, well situated opposite Hyde Park.

The service was very attentive and friendly from the time we entered the hotel, dining was excellent with a very helpful sommelier...the team work between the Maitre d' and the sommelier and the waiting staff was just like a smooth running Swiss watch..

Freshly and tastefully decorated...Queen sized bed...I had asked for a king sized...perhaps unavailable...our room was " snug" but comfortable...we travel with a number of bags...there were no drawers...we stayed at another hotel previously in the UK...again no drawers to place one's clothes in...an UK phenomenon?

Room Tip: We had Amex platinum for a room upgrade.
1 Thank Andris L
I would like to thank you so much for your kind words and I have also noted your comments about the room category you stayed in.

I was delighted that we met your expectations with our restaurant service and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I really do hope that you come to stay with us again in the near future.

Lidingö
Reviewed 26 September 2012

After carefully choosing among the better hotels in London, we selected The Milestone.
Our choice couldn't have been better. Me and my partner have being staying at various
luxury hotels over the years and this was a most satisfying experience. What distinguish The Milestone from other hotels is its staff. Friendly, warm, welcoming, polite, service minded and with a glimpse of humor.
Breakfast was not included in our price, and it wasn't cheep, but on the other hand the service was excellent and the ambiance superb. We had dinner in the restaurant one night, and it turned out to be one of the best dinners of the entire trip. Big thanks to Farbrizio Russo, Food and Beverage Manager and to Lia Poveda who is Head Sommelier for making our dinner so memorable. Markus Rottensteiner took very good care of us in The Staples bar and in the cosy living room. Everything was impeccable and no detail was left unattended.
The difference between a good or excellent review is often based on wether my expectations are succeeded or not. At our departure I asked for a cab to take us to Paddington Station were we where going to catch the train for Heathrow, instead we were driven in one of the hotels cars.
We will most definitely return to room 309, overlooking Hyde Park.

1 Thank LasseH
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Thank you ever so much for your very kind words following your recent stay. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great experience in our restaurant and that Fabrizio and his team exceeded your expectations.
All of the team here always try to exceed our guests expectations and when we receive comments like yours it really does make their day. I was also delighted that you had the chance to experience our Chauffeur service for your return to the airport.
I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The Milestone Hotel is quintessentially English, with beautiful rooms and public areas honouring the best of British style and a warm welcome from staff making us feel like honoured guests. Breakfasts were superb, as were thoughtful touches such as fresh fruit and house-made cookies in our room. Attention to detail was evident in every aspect of our stay, which was perfect in all respects.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I was so happy to read your review. We always try to create a friendly home from home atmosphere in the hotel and I was delighted that you we met your expectations in all departments with our service and attention to details. As always I have passed on your kind comments on to my great team here at the hotel.

I do hope that you can join us once again on the near future.