“Simply World Class”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at the hotel on the 7th & 8th October. As a regular customer, I am accustomed to the exceptional levels of staff service.
In this occasion my father was also with me for the trip. He's never experienced anything like the level of service in his life - this from a member at Gleneagles!
Colin, the head chauffeur was outstanding. Pedro, Attila, Alexa, Jess, Fran and Abdi were simply the best. Thanks guys. As for Andrew - you have the best hotel team on the planet. Congratulations.
Colin Rowley

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ColinRowley
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Mr Rowley

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. I was so happy that you, Mrs Rowley and your father enjoyed your stays with us.

It is the fantastic team that I am lucky to have here, including all the names you mentioned, that make The Milestone a very special place to work and for our guests to stay in. I have passed on your very kind words to them and I hope thay we will have the chance to meet your expectations again in the very near future.
My kindest regards,
Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Thanks to previous reviews that drew my attention to another boutique, and yes expensive, gem of a hotel in a convenient setting for our recent leisure visit in London. When one arrives as early as us (0730) and to be warmly greeted by many staff, offered tea while the room was prepared by 0900 - that's a standard that equalled another boutique hotel we used last year. The doorman remembered our names every day. The superior room had all the quietness with the amenities one expects. We ate only breakfast in the restaurant and it met our needs until night. Well equipped gym was our daily jet lag fix. Close to a tube station,buses to the centre adjacent, and good eateries in the high street.And of course the park straight opposite.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher, or face side street , away from traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SydneyDavid
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read that we managed to accommodate you upon your early arrival to the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay and the Kensington area. The park is absolutely beautiful this time of year and I do hope to be able to welcome you back to us soon. I have passed on your kind words to my great team who make all these things possible.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We returned to the Milestone Hotel on 30th September to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. This was our first visit since our wedding reception there in 1972 and I managed to keep it as a surprise from my wife until the last minute. It was therefore a very special visit for us both.

The build up to it involved the co-operation of the hotel staff who were very supportive throughout making suggestions to ensure that our visit would be perfect. And so it was. From the second we entered the hotel to the second we left, we were treated to a level of service which made us feel very special. This attitude was prevalent in every single member of staff with whom we came into contact. What struck us was not just their courteous, helpful nature and a genuine willingness to please, but the attention to detail which we had never experienced before in any establishment - detail ranging from cards of congratulation from several of the staff in our room, to individual menus printed purely for our lunch. The food was second to none with the restaurant staff adding to the occasion by joining in our celebration and contributing so much.

The standard of accommodation was outstanding with everything perfect. A further experience was yet to unfold however. After relaxing in the lounge with a drink, we returned to our suite only to find the room lit by candlelight. Red rose petals had been scattered throughout, even in the bathroom, slippers placed at each side of the bed, soft music was playing and a bottle of iced champagne had been placed together with exotic strawberries in chocolate. We were totally blown away.This must be the ultimate!!

We cannot thank the Milestone enough for what they did for us. This is an exceptional hotel - you must try it.

Stewart C

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stewart C

I was so thrilled to read your feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to leave this great feedback. I was delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and that everything went to plan with your surprise. I have passed on your kind words to the team and please do not leave in another 40 years before your next visit !!!
With my best wishes,

Reviewed 5 October 2012

A truly special hotel. Have spent time at a number of superb hotels but none can touch the sheer elegance of the Milestone. The warm and friendly staff leave no stone unturned to make sure that the guests have everything that they require. On returning from our evening meal we were overwhelmed to find that the room had been decorated with rose petals and was bathed in candle light. A brilliant touch. Go treat yourself, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Go that extra mile and treat yourself to a suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I was so glad that you chose to spend your anniversary with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on the little touches we provide to our guests and was delighted that we met your expectations with the romantic turndown we arranged for you and your wife.
I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

So many hotels in number to choose from but the previous reviews made this almost an obligatory choice.Great location and the staff are excellent in making you welcome and delivering a very personal and attentive service.
The facilities and the ambience are first rate and I would have no hesitation in enjoying the experience again.
A great team of people running a special hotel.

1  Thank Peter B
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was so pleased that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us. I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I have here and do hope that you visit us once again very soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

From the first moment we were met at the door to the Milestone we were blown away by the truly real level of concern, support and warmth of the entire staff of the Milestone. The Sr Concierge Jose is a magic man, he knows all the best spots and his experience made this part of our vacation more than special! An example of the commitment to the client that Milestone represents is that when we were unable to attend a West End theater at the VERY last minute due to illness, Jose was able to obtain a refund (minus admin charge). OUTSTANDING is all we can say, for the whole Milestone team!!! While not the cheapest hotel in London, if you want a 5 star personal experience you can't do better than the Milestone and it's team.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room we had was very good with a great view onto the Park but it is strictly for two peop...
1  Thank John W

I was so happy to read your comments following your recent stay and many thanks for taking the time to do this. I have passed on your kind words to Jose and his team. They along with the rest of the hotel team always try their hardest to deliver good honest customer service at all times.

When you return to the UK please do come and stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 October 2012

The hotel location is very remarkable and close to Oxford St. The staff starting from concierge to reception are friendly and welling to help. They recieve you with a smile and they let to you feel you are @ home. The room well decorated with modern interior design, the room amenities are good. Wifi is free all the time and they have a nice lobby. I liked the Gym and spa facility. I would highly recommend this hotel to whose looking for luxury stay in London with money value. I will visit this hotel again and again

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debby I

I would like to really thank you for taking the time to post review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the welcome, facilities and most importantly the service to your liking. Our goal is to always provide a "home form home" experience.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future.