“UTOPIA”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“UTOPIA”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Wonderful staff and location. Everyone was so accomodating and friendly making the whole experience fabulous! I will definitely return! The facilities for accompanying pets are worth a browse too!! The room was very comfortable with everything catered for - luxury products and many extras. If you are having the afternoon tea do not eat lunch beforehand!! It is a marathon of delicious sandwiches, cakes and a cream tea!

Room Tip: I was only there for one night!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
I was really happy to read your comments following your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to do this. You made a great choice in trying our Afternoon Tea which is a real treat for our guests. I do hope that you will come back to stay so we can meet your expectations once again.
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This small hotel is only a 10 minute walk from the Albert Hall. All the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The small restaurant serves excellent food, there is a lovely cosy lounge with a fire. Bedrooms are fairly small but beautifully appointed. I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kay_wakeman
I was really pleased to read your review and thank you for taking the time to do this. I was delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and the great service we provide. As you pointed out we are only 10 minutes walk from the Albert Hall so I do hope that when there are more shows on there you will come back and stay with us.
New York
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I got stuck in London due to Hurricane Sandy in NYC. It was a cute charming hotel. It is right across the street from Hyde Park and I had a great view of it from my room. It is also walking distance to Kensington Palace and Kensington High Street. There is some food shopping just down the way and a Whole Foods, the first I have ever seen in London. The room was nice. I liked that the remote control for the tv was wrapped in plastic stating that it had been sterilized. If only all hotels did that. The afternoon tea was wonderful, but you need more than one person for it. Most of the staff was friendly. One of the concierge was not happy when I wanted to book a cab through Addison Lee. He got very frustrated when trying to book and it showed. Even when I left the hotel for the airport I asked the same person if he would book me a cab through Addison Lee and he suggested they have a service that would be cheaper. When I got in the cab to head to the airport it was a regular back cab and I was told that meter rates apply. The concierge told me that it would only be 50 pounds. I knew that a metered cab would be more than 50 pounds to the airport. I only had 58 in my wallet and that was all I could pay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay but was not happy to read that you had issues when reserving transport to the airport with our Concierge. This is not our usual level of service so please accept my apologies for this. I am personally looking in to this. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights for our honeymoon and were given the best services we have ever received out of all the hotels we have stayed around the world.
Everyone was extremely considerate, involving and warm, while upholding traditional English courtesy and respect. We felt very welcome and had received daily small gifts every time we returned to the hotel.
We are usually rather pedantic however felt overwhelmed by the true English hospitality offered by the truly wonderful staff of Milestone Hotel, London. We never stay at the Same hotel twice but would return to Milestone for our next London trip. You have surpassed our expectation in almost every way!

A big thanks to:
Teddy the bellboy,
Stephanie, Georgia in reception
Fran the butler
Alex the concierge
Grant the F&B manager
and also the doorman who went out of his way to fetch cabs for us, sorry I forgot his name.

Well done guys and keep up the Platinum standard.

Room Tip: The Harlequinn Suite has a modern black & white theme which appealed to our liking.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you so much for your very kind words. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your high expectations. I have passed on your kind words on to my brilliant team here at the hotel. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Seasons greetings
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed at The Milestone again last week, Christmas shopping with my niece. After a sumptuous lunch in their cosy lounge we headed for the shops. When we got back it was champagne all the way! Neil was, as ever, so welcoming. The new F&B Manager, Fabrizio, is a credit to the hotel. Dinner in the evening was again out of this world. The scallops to start were exceptionally well presented and tasty. My Venison with was pink, tender and perfect. My niece had the Kensington Pasty, WOW! who thought a 'pasty' could be this good (yes, I sneaked a taste). I never tire of The Milestone and will be back in the New Year with my Mother. Can't wait!

Room Tip: If you can get park facing you can spy on the neighbours (William and Kate)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
I was so happy to read your feedback following your return stay with us. I was delighted that you felt that you were "home from home" and also enjoyed your dining experience with us. I have passed on your thanks to Neil and Fabrizio and shared your kind words with the rest of the team here in the hotel.
I do hope you come and visit us again soon.
Seasons greetings,
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

I was so glad that I've choosen this hotel for my short trip to London. I was staying on my own on December 2011 ( sorry guys. I know this is a little late to write but wanted to share my experience) to take care some staff for my family. Being away from my family and boyfiend during Christmas time, I was not so excited to be in London alone. That was changed after entering this hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly and got all the assistance needed. They also put nice Christmas tree in my room. Everyone was so kind and the service was very personal. I felt at home and felt warm. One of the best experience at hotel for sure. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012
I was so glad to read your review following your stay last year. Our aim is to always give our guests a "home form home" experience and I was delighted that you felt welcomed and comfortable during your stay. Please do come and see us again in the near future in your London home.
Seasons greetings,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My mother and I stayed here for three nights. The service was fantastic; they went above and beyond helping us in so many ways. The location is perfect. Every village we wanted to visit was close.

~Julie

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very different. Be sure to look at more than one if possible to find the one th...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JulieShear
I was delighted that you and your mother enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you liked the service in the hotel as well as the location. I hope that you both return to us on your next trip to London. I have passed on your kind words on to my great team here.