“Hard to fault for a half day business training event; attentive and anticipative staff. Great facilities. Great coffee” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Milestone Hotel

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

I have just visited The Milestone Hotel for a short training course. Having run many such events in other London hotels, my experience has been that there have often been problems with intrusive noise, inconsistent service levels, rooms with difficult climate control, and all too frequently dreadful coffee. Often with no natural light. From the moment I arrived (once I had located the entrance which is in Kensington Road not Kensington Court), staff were immediately, friendly, helpful and anticipative. The room was very quiet and we were not disturbed at all during our session. We were able to get the room at just the right temperature for everyone. The coffee was freshly made and full of taste. Overall, hard to fault.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
I was so happy to read your positive feedback on our conference and banquetting facilities. The Windor Suite is a great room that is not your average conference room so I was delighted that we met yours and your delegates expecations. Please do come and use us again in the near furture.
With my kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pawleys Island, SC, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I had occasion to spend two nights in London on a trip to visit friends in the UK. The hotel is a little pricy by world standards but not in London. Service was great and the staff could not do enough to assure our visit was pleasant. If you stay impress you friends by using the Bentley.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank copterjon
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind feedback. I was so happy to read that we met your expecations during your stay and I do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Our Bentley will be there to pick you up at anytime. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here at the hotel.
Kind regards,
guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We arrived Christmas eve in London and stayed at The Milestone again this year. I stayed with my daughter, December last year on a shopping trip. This year we all stayed, My husband and other daughter. We had all week planned. Afternoon tea at The Savoy, Skating at Somerset House, Winter wonderland in Hyde park. Go to see Skyfall. Thriller the Michael Jackson experience at the theatre. Ronnie Scotts and of course shopping! Also had afternoon tea at the hotel which was really lovely. The hotel was really Christmasey and looked beautiful inside and outside. Staff were brilliant as aways. Ended or started the evening in the jockey bar with a champagne or a cocktail, divine! We love shopping but the boxing day sales were a bit hardcore for us. Hotel even took us to Victoria station when we couldn't get a taxi the morning we were leaving. Thats what you call fantastic service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kellyglobetrotter
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. I was delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and got to do all those wonderful things including using our Stables Bar and having a great Afternoon Tea in the Park Lounge. I have passed on your kind words to my team and we all hope to see you back with us in the near future.
Kind regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Having got married last week my new husband and I went for a few days to the MIlestone, having chosen it because of reviews we had read here. I have to say we were not let down in any way and loved everything about the hotel. Unfortunately however I had started feeling ill on the journey and then began feeling worse and after two nights we had no option but to leave and come home. The hotel were extremely understanding and helpful and I was only sorry we were not able to complete the honeymoon in the way we expected. Obviously this was hugely disappointing.

I would love to go back again - the location is perfect, every member of staff is wonderful and there is nothing I can fault. Previous comments about the size of rooms did not apply to ours - we had ample space and storage, bearing in mind this is central London and hotel rooms are generally on the smaller side.

I can't thank the lovely staff enough for looking after us.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us. Secondly congratulations on your recent marriage and thirdly I do hope that you are feeling better. I was really happy to read that we met your expectations during your stay but was saddened to read that you were not feeling well and had to leave us early. This means that you will need to come back again in the near future to try us again !! I hope you have a great 2013 and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
My best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

I am writing this review having just returned from a birthday celebration weekend that was made SO special by the staff at the hotel. This is definitely a 5 star hotel with 5 Star service. Concierge Joshua and the lovely Da were only too happy to help but not over powering, everything was pitched at the right level. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any occasion. The location was ideal walking distance to Harrods and plenty of lovely places to eat close by.
If you are thinking about going to London and want some luxury then this hotel is highly recommended.
Thank you to all at the Milestone ;;))

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jacemily
I was really pleased that you enjoyed your recent birthday stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. I have passed on your comments to Joshua & Da and the rest of the great team I have here. I was so glad you found the hotel and location met your expectations and I do hope you will join us again for a special occasion in the future.
Many thanks
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

At the Milestone you certainly get what you pay for.

This was a one off for my partner and myself (new years eve) as I don't typically make a habit of staying in 5 star hotels, but it's the type of place you wish you could always afford to stay when you need/want a hotel. If you took advantage of every little thing they offer you, you'd begin to wonder how other hotels get away with doing so little for their guests.

It's very cosy and richly decorated (as the building itself dates back to the 1600's) which I think beats any "modern" establishment hands down, for warmth, character and charm.

The staff have excellent initiative, are very friendly and always ready to help. They upgraded my room when I checked in which was very pleasant surprise. The room itself was great, very large and very quiet and even featured things like power socket adapters which is very smart. There was a personalised hand written welcome card from the manager in the room. Fran, our concierge, is a top bloke with good knowledge of the area. They have a very efficient room service that must communicate with the front desk because free snacks and drinks were delivered while we were out!

They have the most helpful cleaning staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. I interrupted a busy cleaner to request some storage bags and she helped me out immediately with exactly what I needed. Upon checkout, reception securely stored our bags and gave us bottles of water for our stroll in the park.

The indoor heated pool (with resistance jets) is fun and perfect for a relax, and we had the whole thing to ourselves! Ample towels and bottles of water are readily available next to the pool too. There is also a well stocked gym right next to the pool. This area also features a handy computer with printer.

The bar offers free generous snacks with any drinks and the bar tender was friendly and knowledgeable.

The location is excellent. Directly opposite the park. Close to the tube. A very short walk to a large supermarket (Whole Foods). Many restaurants to pick from if you're not eating at the hotel (we ate next door at Zaika which was excellent).

It's very hard to fault a place as hard working as this, but if I was to split hairs I would say that there were a couple of things that just needed tightening in the room (as in screws for the floor and wall fixtures). Also a vacuum under the bed wouldn't go a miss (if it's possible to move such a large bed!).

Thanks Milestone for a great start to 2013. Overall, an easy 5/5.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSV2013
I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Many thanks for taking the time to do this and I have have passed on your kind words to Fran and the rest of the team. I was delighted that you enjoyed all the little touches we provide plus the beautiful location and ambience of the hotel.Please do come and visit us again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Amman, Jordan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel only once and it shall remain that way. The service is excellent, the staff hugely courteous, and the potential for elegance undisputed (despite one elderly man wearing an "Aman Junkie" t-shirt for dinner). The beds and pillows are superb. However, the hotel is horribly cramped, the bedrooms minuscule with inadequate wardrobe space, and the overall atmosphere is that of a dolls-house. The dining room is the worst example of the cramped feeling, with tables inadequately spaced, and the prices are higher than the Ritz or the Goring. The dining atmosphere was made unbearable by an electronic piano being played in a confined space which was deafening. The service was slow, indeed incredibly slow, and the Head Waiter tended to the arrogant. The food was good, indeed at times very good, but not exceptional (though I know of no other hotel today where wild smoked salmon is carved at the table and the £21 price tag for this first course is not so exorbitant given the generous quantities offered and the quality of the product). On the other hand, the lack of space makes any experience of this hotel claustrophobic. The location is too far West which means it is a useless if a trip to London involving any City business. Though outwardly elegant, place lacks the class of The Goring or The Ritz.

Room Tip: Unless you are a midget, you must have a studio room or a suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank JHMH1959
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback following your stay with us at the Milestone.
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our service and found our beds and bedding superb as these are clearly two very important factors when selecting a hotel.
I'm very sorry to read that you found the hotel overall felt cramped to you and also note that you found this to be the case with both your room and the restaurant in particular.
We are a 62 room property which was originally three private houses and we have worked hard to retain the original feeling and cosiness of the property whilst ensuring that we provide every luxury and thoughtful extra that we believe that our guests will enjoy. Each and every one of our rooms is individually decorated and the lay-out and wardrobe space of each room may vary in some cases but we will always try to find the most comfortable room according to each guest's needs and preferences.
We regularly price-check comparative hotels to ensure that we are charging a fair price for the quality of ingredients and food that we provide so again I'm sorry to learn that you found us to be expensive. I am pleased though that you enjoyed our Duo of Irish and Scottish Smoked Salmon which I have to say is very popular.
Please accept my apologies that you found our service to be slow. Whilst we don't like to rush restaurant guests we should always try and gauge the right pace according to each guest.
We go to great lengths to ensure that we employ first and foremost people with great passion, friendliness and warmth and I'm surprised and disappinted to note that you found a member of my team anything less than this.Please rest assured that we make a point of using any such constructive feedback in the most appropriate way.
With regard to our location, we would never suggest that we were an obvious choice for easy access to the City but we do find that many people enjoy our location directly opposite Kensington Palace and the largest green space in London.
Kind regards