“Beyond my expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beyond my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Everything about this stay (my third) was excellent, if I could have given a higher score than 10/10 for this weekend it would be thoroughly deserved. Special thanks to Pedro who showed us a lot of rooms (I loved the Safari Room) and also to Augustine who served us our evening meal and was really informative about everything. Also, must not forget Marcus, that man has a fantastic memory, remembered we didn't come back for a cocktail on our last stay, he made me a delicious Ameretto sour. All the staff are friendly and approachable which you do not get in the larger hotels. We even tried the resistance pool this time which was an experience. We had breakfast in our room and in the restaurant which was perfect and an evening meal. Hopefully be back sometime soon.

1 Thank loxton
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
I was so glad that we met your expectations following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I have passed on your kind words to Pedro, Marcus and Agustine plus to the rest of the great team I have at the hotel. I was so pleased to read this feedback and please do come and see us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pamplona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is my favourite hotel in London. Service is excellent, from reception to waiters, everyone extremely helpful with a smile on the face.

Decoration is old style British, very well taken care of and rooms are extremely comfortable.

Location is great by Hyde Park and Kensington, 5 min walk to the Royal Albert Hall and close to tube stations and buses.

Afternoon tea is amazing.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pmorlab
I was delighted to read your fantastic feedback following your stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was happy that you enjoyed our British hospitality and found everything met your expectations. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was fortunate enough to spend one night in this fabulous hotel, The staff, food, service and Afternoon Tea were exceptional. The Kensington location is perfect for shopping and site seeing. Can you give 6 stars?

1 Thank Bonitabonbon
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in all areas of the hotel including our fantastic Afternoon Tea. I have passed on your kind words to the team.
With renewed thanks,
Cardiff wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Anyone that read my last review on this hotel may have noticed there were some blips in the service. Well everyone is entitled to some blips so my self and friend booked another stay as its such a beautiful hotel.
Are we glad we did. on arrival we were shown to our room 509 which was lovely with views over the park.
Everything was perfect they even had the pillows we requested on our last stay. Fruit platter and champagne welcome mmmm.

We had a cocktail in the bar which Markus made especially for us and canapes, both were excellent.
We opted for breakfast in the room the first morning and had the smoked haddock with poached eggs, delicious.

After going out for a walk we asked Pedro who was front of house if he could show us some of the other rooms and everyone he showed us was lovely, Thank-you Pedro

On the Saturday evening we ate in the restaurant with my son who joined us.
Augustin our waiter looked after us really well. We had the scallops for starter and then the Kobe steak.
Now my son do not like eating steak out as he says no one gets it right, well after eating the kobe steak at the Milestone he said he will not want to eat steak out ever again as no one could ever cook it so perfect as he had it that night. He enjoyed the evening so much he is going to take his girl friend there for afternoon tea.The whole meal was delicious, simply stunning and a beautiful red wine to go with it.
Thank-you to the chef.
This hotel will go out of it's way to make your stay special.

A big thank-you to Mr Andrew Pike and your team everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Anyroom wil be perfect
1 Thank joylin
Thank you so much for your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we corrected previous "blips" and that on this stay we met your expectations. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver so your feedback is really appreciated. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Larsen, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We recently spent three nights in London at the Milestone at the onset of
a 2 week trip through England. We stayed in all top rated 5 star hotels and
our favorite was the Milestone. They all had exceptional rooms and food, but
the service and attention the Milestone gives to their customers was exceptional with none of the snobbishness other Hotels carried themselves with! They
all called us by our names and correct title. They promptly arranged excellent massages for my
wife & I after spending 13 hours getting there. Their dining experience was also exceptional,
and reasonably priced. Best food we had in London. Location was terrific right across from
Kennsington Palace & Gardens, and within walking distance of many top London sites including
Harrods. If you want a 5 plus star hotel that is small, friendly, and is always asking what you need,
stay at the Milestone. No snobbery, no fluff, no puff, just exceptional in all respects. Curt & Kathy
Larsen, WI, USA

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CurtisR828
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
I was so happy that you took the time to write such a great review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I am so proud that my team delivered, once again, a great customer service experience which you found unobtrussive, professional and most importantly genuine. I have passed on your kind waords to my team. I really do hope that you get the chance to join us again in the near future.
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I come to London every year on business and have found the Milestone Hotel to be by far
the most welcoming and comfortable place to stay. The rooms are spotless and the staff
make every effort to make you feel welcome. The hotel has individual air con in the room so
one can get warm quickly if the weather is cold! The concierge team are extremely helpful
and can almost always offer sound advice.Room service is prompt and the food choices are
exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to any friend and especially for a lady travelling alone,
because I feel that it is a safe and secure environment in which to stay.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 566DRB566
Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I am delighted that we are your favourite hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you found our facilities and service to your liking and I do hope that you will join us again in the near future.
With renewed thanks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at the Milestone, having been suggested to do so by a fellow Brit. It's an ideal location directly across from Kensington Palace, the nicest Whole Foods market, and many different fashion shops. Plus the Tube & the bus stops are so close by! All of these being important factors with 3 teenage girls! We were on spring break visiting our eldest daughter who is studying abroad. Being a family of five, we stayed in one of their apartments with 2 bedrooms & 2-1/2 baths. It also had a kitchen, breakfast room and living room. The apartment included breakfast every morning downstairs in the beautiful restaurant with a fireplace. The food was delicious and the service impeccable!. We found the food over all excellent as we had high tea upon our arrival, as well as room service and a sit down dinner. The Hunter salad was amazing and the American cheese cake scrumptious! This hotel has the nicest people working there and they truly made our trip to London a special & rememberable! We highly recommend this traditional boutique hotel for a genuine London experience:)

Room Tip: Every room has a different theme decor so all rooms are special.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave your great feedback following your stay in one of our Apartments at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you and your family found them to your liking along with our location and the food and beverage facilities we provide. Please do come and see us again soon and I have, as I always do, pass on your comments to my fantastic team.