“Fabulous Hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wayne, New Jersey
“Fabulous Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I've been remiss in not writing about my stay here. Visited our daughter in London while enroute to Europe on business. The Milestone, across from Hyde Park, was conveniently located to her quarters, making it a good choice based on location. Little did we know the treat that we were in for. The room was large with a great view of the park and all the amenities one would expect from a great hotel. It is the staff here, however, that help to distinguish this hotel from its competitors. We couldn't say enough about how friendly and helpful each and every staff member was. I've stayed at a lot of great hotels in London, but this is clearly my favorite.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the park, if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Onthebacknine
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so pleased that you liked our hotel including the large rooms and the location opposite the park. I was also delighted that we met your expectations with the service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon so we can once again ensure you have a great stay with us.
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed at the Milestone recently to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had been staying in a different area of London for 5 nights before staying at the milestone & had a very hectic week so were ready to relax & enjoy his birthday. The decor is traditional & there are some lovely original features in the hotel. The service was excellent as was the food, the extra special touches & attention to detail is what makes this hotel a great place to stay. Upon check in we were given an upgrade which was much appreciated & Fran showed us round the hotel. He was extremely helpful, knowledgable & friendly as were all the staff. The room was lovely as was the bathroom with plenty of nice touches, the only thing that wasn't perfect was the picture on the TV but as we didn't really watch a lot of tv it wasn't an issue for us.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night & the food was very nice, my husband ordered the cheesecake for dessert & was given a huge slice which pleased him as he loves desserts! Afterwards we had cocktails in the conservatory which is really nice place to relax & as usual the service was excellent. When we got back to the room there were rose petals everywhere with chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries & the birthday cake which I had arranged for my husband. The cake was absolutely delicious & there was even a birthday card that Fran had written out for my husband, these thoughtful little touches made it a really memory occasion. The breakfast the next morning was lovely & we took a taxi to Harrods to do some shopping. When we returned we sampled the afternoon tea, we had the chocolate version which included chocolate fondue, it was delicious & there was so much of it. Earlier in the week we had taken afternoon tea at claridges & the tea at the milestone certainly matched it. In the evening again a taxi was quickly hailed for us we had booked a table at Clos Maggiore & upon our return there was a large umbrella waiting for us as we stepped out of the taxi as there was an unexpected down pour. The next day we chose to have breakfast in our room & again the food & the service were excellent. We would highly recommend this hotel & it deserves the good reviews it has on tripadvisor, the staff really go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable & memorable stay. Red carnation hotels offer the extra touches that can really make a difference whether it is the daily weather forecast, fresh flowers, luxury toiletries, selection of glasses in the room, complimentary shoe cleaning service & bottled water on check out.

Room Tip: Rooms are individual yet traditional, check out the website if you have any special requirements
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bazjosmith
Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we made your husband's birthday stay so special with the small touches we provided you both with. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and I hope that you both get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Everything about this stay (my third) was excellent, if I could have given a higher score than 10/10 for this weekend it would be thoroughly deserved. Special thanks to Pedro who showed us a lot of rooms (I loved the Safari Room) and also to Augustine who served us our evening meal and was really informative about everything. Also, must not forget Marcus, that man has a fantastic memory, remembered we didn't come back for a cocktail on our last stay, he made me a delicious Ameretto sour. All the staff are friendly and approachable which you do not get in the larger hotels. We even tried the resistance pool this time which was an experience. We had breakfast in our room and in the restaurant which was perfect and an evening meal. Hopefully be back sometime soon.

1 Thank loxton
I was so glad that we met your expectations following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I have passed on your kind words to Pedro, Marcus and Agustine plus to the rest of the great team I have at the hotel. I was so pleased to read this feedback and please do come and see us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Pamplona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is my favourite hotel in London. Service is excellent, from reception to waiters, everyone extremely helpful with a smile on the face.

Decoration is old style British, very well taken care of and rooms are extremely comfortable.

Location is great by Hyde Park and Kensington, 5 min walk to the Royal Albert Hall and close to tube stations and buses.

Afternoon tea is amazing.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pmorlab
I was delighted to read your fantastic feedback following your stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was happy that you enjoyed our British hospitality and found everything met your expectations. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was fortunate enough to spend one night in this fabulous hotel, The staff, food, service and Afternoon Tea were exceptional. The Kensington location is perfect for shopping and site seeing. Can you give 6 stars?

1 Thank Bonitabonbon
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in all areas of the hotel including our fantastic Afternoon Tea. I have passed on your kind words to the team.
With renewed thanks,
Cardiff wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Anyone that read my last review on this hotel may have noticed there were some blips in the service. Well everyone is entitled to some blips so my self and friend booked another stay as its such a beautiful hotel.
Are we glad we did. on arrival we were shown to our room 509 which was lovely with views over the park.
Everything was perfect they even had the pillows we requested on our last stay. Fruit platter and champagne welcome mmmm.

We had a cocktail in the bar which Markus made especially for us and canapes, both were excellent.
We opted for breakfast in the room the first morning and had the smoked haddock with poached eggs, delicious.

After going out for a walk we asked Pedro who was front of house if he could show us some of the other rooms and everyone he showed us was lovely, Thank-you Pedro

On the Saturday evening we ate in the restaurant with my son who joined us.
Augustin our waiter looked after us really well. We had the scallops for starter and then the Kobe steak.
Now my son do not like eating steak out as he says no one gets it right, well after eating the kobe steak at the Milestone he said he will not want to eat steak out ever again as no one could ever cook it so perfect as he had it that night. He enjoyed the evening so much he is going to take his girl friend there for afternoon tea.The whole meal was delicious, simply stunning and a beautiful red wine to go with it.
Thank-you to the chef.
This hotel will go out of it's way to make your stay special.

A big thank-you to Mr Andrew Pike and your team everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Anyroom wil be perfect
1 Thank joylin
Thank you so much for your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we corrected previous "blips" and that on this stay we met your expectations. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver so your feedback is really appreciated. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Larsen, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We recently spent three nights in London at the Milestone at the onset of
a 2 week trip through England. We stayed in all top rated 5 star hotels and
our favorite was the Milestone. They all had exceptional rooms and food, but
the service and attention the Milestone gives to their customers was exceptional with none of the snobbishness other Hotels carried themselves with! They
all called us by our names and correct title. They promptly arranged excellent massages for my
wife & I after spending 13 hours getting there. Their dining experience was also exceptional,
and reasonably priced. Best food we had in London. Location was terrific right across from
Kennsington Palace & Gardens, and within walking distance of many top London sites including
Harrods. If you want a 5 plus star hotel that is small, friendly, and is always asking what you need,
stay at the Milestone. No snobbery, no fluff, no puff, just exceptional in all respects. Curt & Kathy
Larsen, WI, USA

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CurtisR828
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
I was so happy that you took the time to write such a great review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I am so proud that my team delivered, once again, a great customer service experience which you found unobtrussive, professional and most importantly genuine. I have passed on your kind waords to my team. I really do hope that you get the chance to join us again in the near future.