“Wonderful hotel in Kensington”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Milestone is a wonderful hotel nicely situated in Kensington. Outstanding staff and service and a small but excellent restaurant. By U.S. standards, our room was small but it was very comfortable and nicely furnished. Above all, it was quiet and conducive to a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

I was happy to read your feedback following your ecent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was also happy to read that you found our service "outstanding" and got the chance to try our restaurant Chenestons. Please do come and stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Andrew Pike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here 2 nights. The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean, well decorated. I loved the hotel at the beginning and did enjoy every minute as staying here. The staff was super friendly, helpful and attentive. They pointed out and guided us to fantastic tourist destinations. Couldn't ask them for more. Definitely stay here in the short distance future for our next planned trip to Britain.
Highly recommend to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations and enjoyed the service and facilities we provided you with. Please do come back and see us soon.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We've stayed at the Egerton house hotel which is also a red carnation hotel. We thought this time we would try the milestone. All started well and our welcome was good, although it just felt a little less organised than the Egerton. Our room was nice ( jungle room) and had some outside space which was very nice, although it seemed a little tired. The gold fittings in the bathroom were very worn and everything seemed a bit old. I think the room needs a bit of a makeover. There is a nice hydro pool and sauna which we used and enjoyed. Overall it just didn't feel as personal as the Egerton - it is bigger and it definitely suffers because of this. The staff were good, but not outstanding like in the Egerton. On our last day we decided to eat lunch in the restaurant. I had a burger which was poor and was £25. Any gastro pub would have served much better. Maybe this was a one off but I didn't eat it. When the waitress asked what the problem was I said it was not nice and was too wet - she said she would speak to the chef ( although I didn't specifically say to do so). They took some money off the bill which was appreciated. Still it was not what we expected. The hotel lacked atmosphere and charm. The bar was empty on a Saturday night so there was no buzz. It was a shame but maybe we have been spoiled by the Egerton. There were lots of positives, but we won't stay again we'd go back to the Egerton. The milestone need to create a better atmosphere and buzz which the Egerton had in abundance.

Great location though and I feel mean writing this, but it's how we felt unfortunately.

3  Thank jakeyc
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for posting your review following your recent stay with us at the Milestone. As a regular guest at the Egerton House Hotel, I'm pleased that you felt you received a warm welcome as indeed you should.
Whilst I'm disappointed to note that we did not live up to your overall experience of our sister hotel, I am pleased that you feel you can call the Egerton your favourite hotel. We work hard to make each and every guest feel most welcome and I'm pleased that we have a number of guests who like to try more than one of our hotels when in London. I have noted your comments about your room and am sorry to read that you felt the room a little tired. We do take the opportunity to refurbish each and every room as we feel necessary and my team take much pride in ensuring that each room is perfectly presented. Please rest assured that we will review your comments and take any action we feel is required.
I was especially concerned to read your comment about the Wagyu Beef Burger that you ordered in Stables Bar. This is a very popular item on the menu and we serve very many each week and the feedback is usually very positive. I'm so sorry that this was not your experience. If you were not 100% happy we should have changed this for you immediately. I have already followed this up with my team to ensure that our special burger competes with the very best.
Whilst I appreciate that the overall atmosphere of the Milestone may feel a little different to our sister hotel as we are quite a lot larger with more public spaces, I'm genuinly sorry that you felt we lacked the "buzz" that you are used to at the Egerton.
Whilst I can see that the Egerton is your firm favourite I do hope that you will consider trying us on another occasion and sample our bar perhaps midweek or our very popular Afternoon Tea.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently spent a week at the milestone and loved every minute. The room was beautiful, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and the bars and restaurants all perfect. I was there on business and the conceiges picked out perfect restaurants and handled all my business needs without a problem. I have stayed in many different hotels in london over the last few years and this is number one on my list now

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank golfbob
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

I was so very happy to read your kind words following your recent extended stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed the service we provided you with especially from the Concierge. They, like all my team, try their very hardest to ensure our guests have only the very best experiences when staying with us and was delighted yours was no different. Please do come back to stay with us again at your new London home in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Generla Manager

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed in the Milestone Hotel and we were extremely impressed. Andrew and the Staff were very attentive and helpful. The location was perfect, right near Hyde Park and close to a Tube station. Highlights were the breakfast and the bar. Our room was excellent, with great decorations and a balcony over the street. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Andrew R

I was delighted to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. Many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion and was really happy that you liked the service, facilities and the location of the hotel. Please do visit us again in the near future and I have passed on your feedback to my brilliant team.
Many thanks

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The highest standards in everything in this hotel. The hotel took you back in time to live the English royal life. Room (305) is just perfect it makes you feel like a prince :).
Decoration, colors, and room equipment is more than awesome. AC need some practice to master it and the king bed size was a little small for us. The bathroom was a little small but very clean and lovely.
English breakfast has everything you wish for.

Location is in the heart of high street Kensington which is face to face with tthe lovel Hyde park and near to many shopping attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I was really glad to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. Many thanks for taking the time to do this and I was delighted that you loved the traditional atmosphere and service we try our very hardest to provide to every guest that visits us. Please do come back to see us soon and I have passed on your kind words to my great team.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent a very short 24 hours at the Milestone while in the UK visiting family, and we were treated to exceptional service. A warm welcome, with our room ready within minutes of arriving, despite being a few hours ahead of check-in time (we only expected to drop off our bags) and we were offered complimentary drinks and homemade biscuits during the few minutes wait.
The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and we were made to feel very at home and as though we were the only guests they were looking after!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury, relaxing break away (our first night away from the children in 3 years) and you can be sure to get a very personal and welcoming experience. I can also thoroughly recommend the massage at the spa, which was one of the best I've ever had, thank you Monica.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. Although you were only here for one night you did manage to sample many great thins our hotel offers. Please do come back soon and hopefully for a longer stay.
My best regards,