“Great!!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great!!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was very astounded by the level of service in which the staff provides first to state, I do not usually write reviews but I definitely had to make a contribution here. I love love this hotel and will be back guaranteed. I actually live in London so I had no need to stay here but some friends decided to do something different and I joined them and I must say. It was worth it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AW1516
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
I was absolute;y delighted to read your review following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to do this and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. I have passed on your kind words to myteam.
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Holne
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Decided I needed a treat and a rest and had always intended to return since taking the whole family there last December for a 50th birthday celebration. Everything was perfect and I hope to return in Feb when visiting the ballet. Actually, I'd just like to live there!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Elisabeth R
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read that , once again, we have made sure you have had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in February 2014 and if we can be of further assistance at any time before then please do let us know.
My kindest regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel has to be the most wonderful place to stay in London. And I've stayed in a lot of them. Charming, boutique, friendly, clean, efficient, sumptuous...and any other superlative you care to take from the dictionary!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Eva L
I was so pleased to read your feedback folloing your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we did such a great job in meeting your expectations and that you have run out of words to explain what a special time you had with us recently. Like I always do, I have shared your lovely comments with my great team here at the hotel, Please do pay us another visit soon where I am sure we will once again ensure you have a wonderful time with us.
Many thanks,
beverly hills
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we save and plan and SAVE($$$) and plan for our vacations and i am exhaustive in my search for the perfect hotel. it is so hard when all the planning fails to meet my (very) high expectations. the milestone was all that and more. although we did not get the view room we were hoping for, we were moved after it was clear we were disappointed with our first room. the efforts they went to please us meant more than the view. while the room we ended up in did not have a view, it was very roomy with plenty of closet space, important for overpackers like us. we could use a little more counter space in the bathroom, but again, we take too much stuff. it was quiet and the bed and tons of pillows were so comfortable!!
pedro was introduced as our butler and seemed to be there every time we needed anything without being intrusive. when/if he wasn't there, abdi would appear to help with whatever we needed. in fact, there are many people to mention by name: edward cambridge, the concierge had all our reservations set up as requested with great seats for the theater. angelina and jack in the breakfast room took great care of us every morning. whatever you do, don't miss out on the breakfast room!!! lovely, cozy and the best omelets!!
the small boutique experience we were hoping for exceeded expectations. four seasons and then some without a huge lobby and hundreds of rooms. i really could go on and on. we can't wait to get back to the milestone.
oh, wait! nightly turndown service always included lovely little surprises. i LOVE being pampered and that is how the milestone made me feel. thank you thank you thank you....

Room Tip: be specific. book higher room category. don't vacation during school holiday. don't be afrai...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loml95
I was very happy to read your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was pleased that we met your expectations and managed to re-allocate a room that met your requirments. I have passed on your comments to Pedro, the Concierge team, the Housekeeping team and everybody else who ensured we did everything to make your stay special .
Please do come and visit us again soon.
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Had two nights in the Milestone and couldn't fault it. Staff were excellent, rooms were spotless and the Stable Bar served excellent (strong) cocktails. Would certainly return. We found it by checking Tripadvisor and it came up trumps!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RNBScott
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel and that you found us via Tripadvisor. I was also delighted to read that you enjoyed our cocktails and that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay with us. Please do come and see us again soon.
Andrew Pike General Manager
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Living in london - my family spent several days visiting… therefore I stayed much of my time at this hotel. And while this hotel is small, they certainly do think of everything. From drinking port after dinner in the small and charming polo bar, to having dinner by the roaring fire place - this hotel has everything to offer and is such a nicer and more memorable visit than some of the other larger luxury hotels such as the Savoy. Will hope to visit this hotel again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that you managed to spend a lot of time trying out all the areas of this stunning hotel and enjoyed the experience with your family. I have passed on your kind words to the Food and Beverage team here at the hotel as well as with the rest of my great team.
With renewed thanks,
US
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This beautiful mansion has gone through many iterations since it was built originally as a private home in 1689 --and has in the last few years been restored to perfection. It has all the amenities you would expect of a five star experience. The common areas and the rooms are spotless,the beds are wonderful, the staff could not be more accommodating - they go out of their way to be helpful. The style of the property is luxurious Victorian (without feeling heavy) and you can sense the history in every corner. The tea/library room and dining area are just beautiful --all wood paneled and-small enough to be intimate, in keeping with the feel of a private home. The food is excellent - the breakfast buffets are spectacular.

The only reason I gave this hotel 4 stars instead of 5 is that while the the rooms and bathrooms are beautiful and jewel-like, they are very small (bathroom measures about 6x8) - with minimal drawer space for storage by U.S. standards -- my husband and I had a deluxe studio- that would have been perfect for one person. we had to leave one of our fold over bags stretched out on the floor because there was really no room in the closet or the drawers for both our things.

In fairness, the management did offer us a junior suite one floor above, but at an extra charge, so we declined. At the end of the day, there is really nothing they can do about the room sizes and my recommendation would be to go for a junior suite or a suite if you need U.S. type space.

But even in a smaller room the experience is worth the stay. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NEWLYRETIRED100
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and service you received during your stay. I have also taken note of your room preferences and should you visit us again I will personally ensure these are arranged for you. Once again many thanks for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.