“Can't be beaten”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“Can't be beaten”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a round world trip where we also stayed at leading properties like the Plaza New York and the Westin St Francis in SFO.
The facilities at the Milestone are on par (objectively a bit behind) but what puts the Milestone ahead is the way the staff treat you an connect with you as individuals.
Even on the rare occasions where service slips up they recover so quickly with an extra glass of champagne, etc
Literally our favourite hotel in the world!

2 Thank Graham M
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Many thanks for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was very happy to read that we met your expecations and that you liked the personal service we provide all of our guests. Please do come and visit us again in the near future. I have passed on your feedback to my great team here at the hotel.
Best regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I took my girlfriend here for a romantic weekend and we were both stunned by the level of customer service; all the staff made us feel completely at home. The room was beautiful and the facilities were first class. Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in! We had a truly wonderful weekend.

2 Thank Philip M
Thank you for your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met you and your girlfriends expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver so please do come to stay with us again so we can once again make sure you have the perfect stay with us.
Many thanks
Halle, Belgium
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel building is very nice, cosy, English. Old furniture, rugs, old books, etc. Room was nice but very small for 3, made up several times a day. All staff members were extremely friendly, allways ready to be of assistance. Subway not far away.
The pool revealed very small, compared with what was seen on the pictures. The shower over there only had cold water.
Breakfast was ok but sometimes we did wait quite some time to be served. (on 1 occasion almost 1 hour)
We ate in the hotel restaurant on one occasion. The food was ok but not cheap.
Overall, the rate we paid for our stay was also quite expensive. We've been in other 5* places with more infrastructure en more spacy rooms for less but than again it is a very nice place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thanks you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and the great service you recived. I have passed on your comments to my team. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My family and I spent 3 wonderful nights at this incredible hotel . I have stayed in a lot of Leading Hotels of the World and this one is right up the top !
We were greeted by the wonderful staff ...thank you to all of you for making our stay a memorable one . Unfortunately we will now have to find hotels that match the Milestone. We will definitely be back :)

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor looking over Kensington Gardens , just beautiful .
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerryjones64
I was really pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and please visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Tadworth
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

A two night stay in the most beautiful hotel I've ever seen. Very vintage décor.

Our room was lilac, from the bed to the walls to the curtains but it was lovely. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. I wish we dined there but instead we had reservations elsewhere.

We did have afternoon tea in our room, very expensive for afternoon tea, the sandwiches were not the nicest, chicken and peanut... Not really the norm, but the cakes were delicious.

Hoping to stay again

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randa B
Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. Overall I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and passed on your feedback to my team. We hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks,
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our stay at The Milestone was by far the best hotel experience we've had in the many years that we've been visiting London. We were in London to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday with four other couples, all of whom were completely impressed with the comfort of the rooms, the perfect location, and (most of all) the unfailingly courteous staff. Even after a few long days of attending raucous soccer matches and over-indulging in London Pride, the staff accommodated our noisy group with humor and generosity of spirit. This is the only Hotel we will consider for future trips to London.

1 Thank RoamingRadas
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for leaving such lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that you and your friends enjoyed the birthday trip to London and that we ensured you had a great time with us. Also another "thank you" for your kind comments about my great team who always do their best to ensure our guests are taken care of. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Andrew and I stayed at the hotel as returning guests as it is our romantic favourite treat, and it was Andrew's late birthday present. We had an even more wonderful experience than last time, because they upgrade to a suite, Wow what a pleasure and privilege.
All the staff were wonderful, thank you so so much...

Room Tip: Have not commented on the Spa as we did not use it, but next time we will.....
2 Thank Julie E
Thank you for leaving your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that you and your partner enjoyed your celebration stay with us. I was also glad that we, once again, met your expectations. I have already passed on your kind words to my great team. We hope to see you once again in 2014.

My best wishes,