“Christmas present for Mum”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Christmas present for Mum”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I booked afternoon tea at the Milestone as it was near The Albert Hall which we had been to before the tea.It is a short walk from the RAH with Kensington gardens along the route.

The moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel so very special and as this was a treat for my Mum I could not be happier.

The tea was delicious and the service second to none I look forward to my next visit because I will be going again.

1 Thank Heather M
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
I was delighted to read that you and your mother enjoyed your Christmas Afternoon Tea with us recently at The Milestone Hotel. Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and as you said the hotel is very handy to visit before or after shows at The Royal Abert Hall. Please do come and see us again soon.
Kind regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had the pleasure of spending the New year at the Milestone Hotel and it was amazing. From the minute we pulled up in our cars the staff were terrific; especially with our daughter and our Chocolate Labrador who were treated like VIPs throughout our stay. Our suites were splendid and beautifully decorated with lovely views of Hyde Park and there were treats and pressies for everyone even our dog. The meals were exceptional and afternoon tea a must. You take tea in the cosy lounge which is very relaxing and scrumptious. Nothing was to much trouble and the staff were so polite and helpful. They even bought up some popcorn for my daughter as they knew she was watching an afternoon film :-) . The turn back service in the evening was very thoughtful and a lovely touch. If you are looking for a London hotel that offers location, attentive staff, good food and above all great service, you need look any further. What the hotel claim to provide on their website is just the start of the service they offer. We will be going back soon :-)

Room Tip: We had two suites and they were both beautifully decorated and completely different. They could not...
1 Thank Goody H
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
I was thrilled to read that you and your family enjoyed your New Years break with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you liked all the smaller details of the service we provide you all with. I was glad to read you also enjoyed our brilliant afternoon tea and the location of the hotel. Please do come and see us again soon where i am sure we will meet your expecatuions once again.
Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I doubt any hotel will ever live up to The Milestone! From accommodating late night cravings, to the most wonderful Honeycomb Ice Cream, the staff was consistently attentive to our needs. I would never stay anywhere else when in London.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank troiselles
I was so happy to read your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was glad that we catered for your every need and please do come and visit us again soon so we can once again ensure you have a great stay with us.
My best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We loved the Milestone Hotel, amazing location, the staff were so friendly and personable usually I don't like hotel staff because they are a bit stuffy, but these guys had the perfect blend of personality and professionalism. The hotel itself is amazing, every room is different and our was gorgeous. Afternoon tea was brilliant, the pool was great as was the sauna. There is nothing I can suggest to improve it!

Room Tip: I'm not sure a bad room exists in this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sonia G
I was so pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really glad to hear that you found our service and facilities to your liking and that you also found the way we deliver our service natural and not over bearing. Please do come and visit us again in the near future where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.
Many thanks,
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We recently spent a weekend at the Milestone Hotel during the Christmas holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this charming hotel. The staff and service was first rate and the concierge exceptional. The cozy bar was perfect location for before or after dinner drinks and high tea in the drawing room was a truly British experience. Don't miss the chicken pot pie, it is fabulous and real comfort food! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Catherine H
I was delighted that you enjoyed your recent festive break at The Milestone Hotel. I was really please to read that you enjoyed our Bar and Restaurant especially the chicken pot pie. Please do come and stay with us again soon in the near furture. As I always do I have passed on your comments to my fantastic team.
With renewed thanks,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We enjoyed impressive service from all staff members, including the reception, restaurant, bar and housekkeepping staff. All member of the staff adhere to high standards and are very attentive to detail. We were especially impressed with the connectivity of the different staff departments - they all seem to work together seamlessly to make our stay was very memorable.

2 Thank 827CEI
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you ebnjoyed the seamless service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us once again in the near future.
Mykindest regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel years ago and returned as happy satisfied guests, once again. The hotel staff are so friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the High Tea with Champagne and it was such a wonderful experience. We have friends there who also attended the High Tea and they were impressed with the entire experience, as local Brits! The rooms are beautiful and decorated so nicely. The restaurant and meals were exceptional, as well. We enjoyed all of our meals (room service and in the restaurant) and our time spent in the quaint bar located in the hotel. If you have an opportunity to stay at this hotel, you should absolutely not think twice about it; you won't be disappointed in any way. The Bonus is the location, which is directly across the street from Kensington Palace. There are nice shopping, Starbucks, restaurants (one of our favorites is Maggie Jones), which are all within walking distance. Harrod's is about 3 blocks, which is only about a 20 minute walk. We didn't take a cab once, we enjoyed walking all in the area. We were sad to have to leave! They truly know how to take care of their guests and make you feel welcome and have perfected the ultimate customer service!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tina B
I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and got the chance to sample our fantastic Afternoon Tea and our great food in our Restaurant. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.
Many thanks once again,