“Amazing Christmas weekend away”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Christmas weekend away”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked a room at The Milestone as a surprise for my partner the weekend before Christmas; and it's fair to say I wasn't disappointed. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful - and happy to go that extra mile!
I left our bags there, as we spent the day in London, which were in our room when we checked in later on. When we actually did arrive together, around 9pm, we still received a whole tour of the hotel - something that I didn't expect when arriving that late.
The building, both inside and out, was gorgeous - lovely decor throughout, especially with the Christmas lights outside. The room itself was very spacious and luxurious, although we didn't have the greatest view, it's not something that impacted on our experience.
The champagne afternoon tea is extremely filling (it's a big meal in itself) but absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend it .
Overall, it was a truly magical experience and I couldn't recommend it more.

**If you are travelling around Christmas, have the mulled wine - it's the best I have ever had!**

8 Thank Charlotte L
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Many thanks for leaving your kind words following you pre-Christmas stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you felt looked after and that you enjoyed your stay including our great Afternoon Tea. Please do come and stay with us again where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.
Many thanks,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Baarn
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was our fourth visit to this very special hotel and again we had a wonderful stay. They pay attention to every little detail. If you want to be King and/or queen for a couple of days just go to the Milestone Hotel and you know what it feels like!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank emsyl
I was really delighted to read your comments following your return stay to us at The Milestone Hotel. I was also happy to read that we met your expecations for a 4th time. Please do let us treat you like royalty again in the near future.
My best wishes,
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband was about to celebrate a milestone birthday on Boxing Day, and London is one of our very favourite cities. We were therefore delighted that our research revealed The Milestone Hotel - a supremely rated boutique style hotel in a gorgeous Kensington location.

The Milestone is perhaps best known for its superbly warm service. From the moment our taxi arrived and we were greeted by an utterly charming doorman, we knew we had made the right choice. The facility itself is casually elegant, with an Edwardian ambience and unfailingly friendly staff that left you feeling you were staying in a private hotel early in the last century.

Our first floor, no view, room was predictably compact, though very nicely appointed, with an oversized bathroom that was a real bonus. We slept comfortably and well each of our 6 night stay and were impressed with the peace and quiet at all times.

My husband used the exercise facility each morning and found it modest but adequate.

The location is first rate, a 5 minute walk from the High Street Kensington Tube Station. There is loads of food and retail shopping steps away on the high street - try the cozy Goat Tavern which featured yummy and moderately priced pub style eats.

The Milestone is truly a Kensington gem. Prices, however, are not for the faint hearted. We decided to pass on the English breakfast and the Afternoon tea (which at £25 and £36 per person respectively, seemed over the top even for this toney neighbourhood) but did dine one evening at the hotel's Cheneston restaurant which was again pricey, but first rate.

Overall, The Milestone and its wonderful staff ticked all of our boxes and truly delivered on their service promise. They are fully deserving of their premier reputation as one of a very small group of front rank London hotels.

6 Thank gaylecooke
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your post Christmas stay with us for your birthday celebrations and enjoyed the facilities and service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Both myself and a colleague of mine have both stayed at The Milestone in the last couple of months and we have no qualms in saying that the Hotel provided for us both with one of the most glorious and impressive stays we have ever experienced. If you are after luxury, stylish and spacious rooms, impeccable service, fabulous food and all the comforts in a convenient London location, this is the Hotel for you! Breakfast in the room was most indulgent and all of the staff really know how to make you feel like a VIP. They really do go the extra mile at The Milestone!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank FlatterFamily
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
I was so pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to see that we met you and your colleagues expectations, once again, in all areas of the hotel with the facilities and service we provided you with. Please do come and see us again in the near future and I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my daughters birthday and everything was absolutely perfect. We knew we had truly come to stay somewhere very special from the moment we entered this hotel. We were warmly greeted and then given a mini tour of the hotel. The hotel overlooks Hyde park and Kensington palace and is in a good location . Even though we had arrived very early, our room was ready and we were promptly taken there . I felt like we had been taken back in time to an era of pure elegance and luxury, where service was second to none and every minute detail , had been thought through with great care. The room suppassed my expectations in every way . Beautifully decorated and every bit 5 star . The hotel itself is wonderful, with first class service from all the staff. Nothing is too much trouble . They made us feel really welcome and presented my daughter with a beautiful birthday cake and card to mark her birthday . Afternoon tea is a wonderful experience too . We felt like we had been invited in to someone's grand house for a beautiful tea party, in exquisite surroundings of oak panelling and open fires . It was truely amazing and I would highly recommend the experience. The evening was finished with some shopping at harrods , a dip in the pool back at the hotel and posh fish and chips with champagne in the bar. It all sounds completely wonderful , and it truly was . Can't wait to go back .....

• Stayed January 2014
6 Thank sjcheshire
I was so happy to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel for your Daughters birthday celebration. I was really pleased that you managed to try, and most importantly enjoyed, all the facilities and service we are so proud to deliver. I have passed on your kind words to my team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
My best regards,
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Our stay at the Milestone was pure luxury.Every part of the Hotel had been carefully considered to make the visit a wonderful experience. The Staff, décor and guest amenities were all top class
We quickly felt at home!!!
The candles and petals that greeted us at in our room at night created the perfect atmosphere as part of my wife's birthday celebrations

3 Thank hacks2014
Thank you so much for leaving your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us for her birthday and also liked the "romantic" turndown that awaited you upon your return to your room.Please do come and stay with us again soon.
Many thanks,
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 January 2014

You will feel like you are visiting the Crawley family's London home when you stay here. The staff is lovely, the decor is Edwardian fantasy, the location--across from Kensington Palace-- is terrific.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank kitkatty
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed the service and features of the hotel. I have passed your kind words on to my great team.
My best wishes,