“Unrivalled service”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Milestone hotel has to be noted as one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in in the UK, and we have stayed in some of the countries finest. The service has been unbelievably good and the room, sumptuous with the most amazing attention to detail. Well located with lovely views. A truly memorable stay, thank you, and absolutely no hesitation in recommending to others. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Nordhamcottages
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the service and facilities the best you have encountered and it is very much appreciated to see this feedback. As I always do, I have shared your kind words with my brilliant team who make this all happen.
My best wishes
Andrew Pike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,019)

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Everything about our experience at The Milestone was excellent. The service was courteous and the facility was immaculate. We spent a lot of time in the conservatory and found it to be very comfortable and memorable. The location is excellent.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dinermgt

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at The milestone Hotel. I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. Our Conservatory is a great place to relax in and I do hope that you get the chance to come and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I guess one should able to take is as given, in a luxury hotel, that the staff will genuinely see it as their job to keep the guests happy: it's only when you visit somewhere like the Milestone that you realise how rare this is. We stayed here for a couple of nights on a big birthday and it felt as though all the staff were just waiting to make it special: their welcome was genuine and charming, and we had the best combination of being indulged and feeling at home. Our room (Mistinguette/art deco) was great fun and, even in November, it was fabulous to have the little balcony to stroll out onto.
Everything - the champagne on arrival, turndown with roses and candles, scrumptious smoked haddock breakfasts and supper-a-deux (thank you, Florent, for making this so welcoming) - all contributed to an occasion we won't forget. Oh - and the Cheneston restaurant pianist, Malcolm Plumridge, is, we believe, an unacknowledged genius. Haunting tunes which we instantly loved turned out to be his own composition. Just another of the surprising features which distinguish this exceptional and highly individual hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Penny F

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was deligted that you enjoyed your stay in The Mistinguett Suite and also enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay. I have passed on your kind words to Malcolm, Florent and the rest of the team. Please do come and visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Milestone is a most wonderful hotel, I don't know where Fiona Duncan was coming from in her review. The staff and the hotel are brilliant. If you are a guest there you are made to feel very special. Where else would the doorman be waiting for you, after walking all round Hyde Park in your walking kit, with bottles of water. It may be expensive but the Milestone has the best service that I have ever experienced. And, for over thirty years I stayed in some of the best hotels in the Far East.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank SJPape
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Many thanks for your kind words following your past stays with us at The Milestone Hotel. Your continued support is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked a room at The Milestone as a surprise for my partner the weekend before Christmas; and it's fair to say I wasn't disappointed. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful - and happy to go that extra mile!
I left our bags there, as we spent the day in London, which were in our room when we checked in later on. When we actually did arrive together, around 9pm, we still received a whole tour of the hotel - something that I didn't expect when arriving that late.
The building, both inside and out, was gorgeous - lovely decor throughout, especially with the Christmas lights outside. The room itself was very spacious and luxurious, although we didn't have the greatest view, it's not something that impacted on our experience.
The champagne afternoon tea is extremely filling (it's a big meal in itself) but absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend it .
Overall, it was a truly magical experience and I couldn't recommend it more.

**If you are travelling around Christmas, have the mulled wine - it's the best I have ever had!**

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Charlotte L

Many thanks for leaving your kind words following you pre-Christmas stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you felt looked after and that you enjoyed your stay including our great Afternoon Tea. Please do come and stay with us again where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was our fourth visit to this very special hotel and again we had a wonderful stay. They pay attention to every little detail. If you want to be King and/or queen for a couple of days just go to the Milestone Hotel and you know what it feels like!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emsyl

I was really delighted to read your comments following your return stay to us at The Milestone Hotel. I was also happy to read that we met your expecations for a 4th time. Please do let us treat you like royalty again in the near future.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband was about to celebrate a milestone birthday on Boxing Day, and London is one of our very favourite cities. We were therefore delighted that our research revealed The Milestone Hotel - a supremely rated boutique style hotel in a gorgeous Kensington location.

The Milestone is perhaps best known for its superbly warm service. From the moment our taxi arrived and we were greeted by an utterly charming doorman, we knew we had made the right choice. The facility itself is casually elegant, with an Edwardian ambience and unfailingly friendly staff that left you feeling you were staying in a private hotel early in the last century.

Our first floor, no view, room was predictably compact, though very nicely appointed, with an oversized bathroom that was a real bonus. We slept comfortably and well each of our 6 night stay and were impressed with the peace and quiet at all times.

My husband used the exercise facility each morning and found it modest but adequate.

The location is first rate, a 5 minute walk from the High Street Kensington Tube Station. There is loads of food and retail shopping steps away on the high street - try the cozy Goat Tavern which featured yummy and moderately priced pub style eats.

The Milestone is truly a Kensington gem. Prices, however, are not for the faint hearted. We decided to pass on the English breakfast and the Afternoon tea (which at £25 and £36 per person respectively, seemed over the top even for this toney neighbourhood) but did dine one evening at the hotel's Cheneston restaurant which was again pricey, but first rate.

Overall, The Milestone and its wonderful staff ticked all of our boxes and truly delivered on their service promise. They are fully deserving of their premier reputation as one of a very small group of front rank London hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gaylecooke

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your post Christmas stay with us for your birthday celebrations and enjoyed the facilities and service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon.