“Historical and most elegant”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Historical and most elegant”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This has to be the most elegant hotel i had stayed in,we stayed as couple and everything was top notch,the best thing about the hotel is their service which exceeded my expectations,elegant rooms with superb bathrooms and one of the best bed i had ever slept on.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rathorekalcu
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I was really pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you both liked the facilities we provided you with but especially the service you received. I have passed on your very kind words to my great team.
With renewed thanks,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I took my parents here for dinner and spent the night in absolute luxury. Every little detail is attended to and you are made to feel so incredibly special. Fabulous hotel and wonderful spa treatments. The food was out of this world and located just opposite Kensington gardens was great to walk off the carbs. Staff are so attentive i don't wish to stay anywhere ever again as it will never match up to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Roxanne W
Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay with us and really liked the facilities and service we provided you with exspecially in our Restaurant and Spa. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Many thanks,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It is such a wonderful experience to return over and over again to the Milestone Hotel. Everything, from the accommodations, the staff, the decor, is first rate.The Milestone is the only place we stay in London. We have been there many times. It is wonderful to see the same managers, concierges and loyal staff who have been there for a long time. The location of the hotel could not be better. Service great. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this special hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the park provides such a lovely view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria A
I was really pleased to read your comments following your return stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad that we have once again met your expectations and that you feel at home when staying with us. Please come back soon where I am sure you will have another great stay with us.
My best wishes,
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have stayed in some wonderful hotels around the world and this has to be one of the highest rated. Best described as a boutique hotel offering impeccable service in high quality surroundings. The rooms are beautifully presented with everything a guest could ever possibly need. The bed is extremely comfortable and the bed linen is exquisite. The furnishings throughout the entire hotel are elegant and sophisticated.

It was our anniversary whilst we were staying and the staff went to considerable trouble to decorate our room with petals, night lights and treats such as chocolate dipped strawberries. We were offered champagne on arrival after a very swift, efficient check in. All the staff called us by name and nothing was too much trouble.

We were asked by a member of staff how the service could be improved, my answer has to be that you cannot improve upon perfection!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations on this special anniversary stay. We always strive to ensure we provide the very best of service so te read your kind words is very much appreciated by myself and the brilliant Milestone team. Please do come and visit us once again soon.
My kindest regards,
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My wife and I spent two days at this historic hotel. It was absolutely fantastic! Our room was on two levels, with a view of Kensington Park. We were greeted at the curb by a doorman in formal attire. When our luggage was delivered, the attendant asked if we cared for Champaign (complementary). The room had two wardrobes, fresh flowers, fresh fruit, candy, two TV monitors, a dining table, a sitting area, two sets of bathrobes (light and heavy), slippers, and a Bose entertainment system. Their motto is "No request too large, no detail too small". Every aspect of this hotel (decorations, artwork, furnishings, food, and especially service) is outstanding.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Margaret Jones room, which I believe is average. We never heard any of the other g...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emanuel P
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. As you mentioned you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I was please to read met with your expectations. I have passed on your feedback to my brilliant team and really do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Milestone Hotel is guaranteed to offer a truly wonderful home from home Hotel experience. The welcome received from everyone is absolutely incredible. The many personal touches, including those for our little dog, were so meaningful and goes to show that everyone at London's number one premier Hotel, really does care about their guests, be they two or four legged. The Hotel General Manager took time to hand write a personal welcoming letter, which meant so much. Our room was immaculate, inviting and extremely comfortable, everything we could have asked for, which resulted in a most restful and peaceful nights sleep. Dining is superb, offering an extensive menu, prepared and served beautifully. All the staff members excelled by nature of their individual warmth, kindness and attentiveness from the initial warm welcome to welcoming us back in the future, testament that our business is truly valued. Each time we stay we remain astounded how genuine everyone appears and would have loved to say that we enjoyed our most recent stay even more than our first time, but that begs the question, "How can one improve on perfection?". Whenever we stay in London there is only one location we will choose....the Majestic, Magnificent Milestone.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank DavidNichollsLizzy
Thank you so much for you very kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was truly delighted to read your feedback and have passed it on to my great team , as I do with all the feedback we receive from our guests. Many thanks once again and we do look forward to your return to the hotel where we look forward to extending you a very warm welcome and to meet your expectations once again.
Best regards,
Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Milestone is the epitome of luxury when staying in London. In fact, it is the favorite place to stay in the entire world for my husband and me, and we have stayed in many fine hotels! The rooms are elegantly furnished; the service is beyond excellent; and the location is lovely. I cannot praise the hotel and service enough.

Jean Matz
Florida, USA

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased to read your kind words and have passed them on to my great team at the hotel. Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.
My best regards,