“Excellent Afternoon Tea” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Visited on Sunday afternoon for a 70th birthday. Wonderful experience all round. Food was fresh, plentiful and good quality. Wide range of teas. Nice small intimate room with great ambience. Staff were all friendly and attentive without being over the top. Nice cocktails in the bar which was also very atmospheric. All in all a perfect afternoon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 236_StiG
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your special celebration Afternoon Tea with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read that you found the service and beautiful surroundings to your liking. Please do visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Service was spectacular...went out of their way to handle a special request, actually went out and got us a newspaper they didn't have. Afternoon tea is simply divine...not to be missed. Got there really early and they served us coffee and cookies while we waited but the room was finished so they brought it up there!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dee M
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was very pleased that we met your expectations and I have passed on you feedback to my brilliant team I am proud to have wotking with me. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us soon.
Many thanks once again,
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Milestone for 5 days as we traveled in Europe. It was a top notch hotel in every aspect. From the doorman to the bellhop - all staff made our stay very pleasant. When we first arrived we checked in and then we were offered a tour of the hotel and all the facilities. No other hotel has ever done that. We were greeted personally every time by all the staff. Our room was perfect with a nice sitting area and desk and bathroom on the lower level. Weather was a bit rainy and chilly some days so we took advantage of watching the Olympics hanging out in the room. It was off the beaten path a little bit, but moving through the city is pretty easy. We did a lot of walking and it was nice to see so many people enjoying Kensington Park with their families which is located directly across the street. I would highly recommend this luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was located down the side street, so it was hard to tell exactly what the weather was like...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carusodkc
I was really delighted to read your feedback following you and your daughters recent visit to us. We always try our hardest to make our guests feel at home and taken care of at all times so to read your kind words is appreciated. I have passed on your comments to my team and I do hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon.
My best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Luxurious, quintessentially English hotel with first class, friendly service. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.Very comfortable bed with luxurious pillows. Delicious breakfast, (something we are very particular about as B&B owners!), perfectly cooked eggs and the best sausages. We also dined at Chenestons, a beautiful traditional restaurant setting; the prawn and crayfish cocktail was the most packed full of prawns I've ever seen! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend and I hope that we'll be back! Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank helaldo
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay with us. I was so glad to read that you managed to try our restaurant during your stay and enjoyed your dining experience as well as breakfast. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future when I am sure we will meet your expectations once again.
My kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

If you want to have the best afternoon tea experience, there is only one place The Milestone Hotel!! Incredible service from staff, Fabrizio Russo with his little touches here and there makes it even more memorable.! A place you must visit in your lifetime.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Gaurav B
I was delighted to read your kind words following your visit to our Park Lounge for Afternoon Tea. I have passed on your kind words to Fabrizio and his team which for sure he will appreciate. Please do copme and visit us again soon.
My kindest regards and renewed thanks,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This is the first time at a luxury 5 star hotel and being my first I had to get it right and I can safely say I have done that after detailed research. The Milestone is a fantastic hotel to stay at, I guess what set's this hotel apart from others is it's multiple teamed colourful rooms with adds true character (pictures on websites don't do any justice). The staff are very friendly and will cater to your every needs. Overall I will be back to The Milestone again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vijay J
Many thanks for your kind words following you recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the accommodation we provided you with.
Please do come and stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

This has to be the most elegant hotel i had stayed in,we stayed as couple and everything was top notch,the best thing about the hotel is their service which exceeded my expectations,elegant rooms with superb bathrooms and one of the best bed i had ever slept on.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rathorekalcu
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I was really pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you both liked the facilities we provided you with but especially the service you received. I have passed on your very kind words to my great team.
With renewed thanks,