“Wonderful stay!”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Everything about our stay was perfect - the room, the service by all members of staff and the food and drink both in the Stables Bar as well as breakfast in the restaurant.
My husband had arranged a romantic turn down while we were at the theatre and it was beautifully done.
Thank you to everyone at The Milestone for making our first stay so special, we will be returning!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hayl341
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your romantic break with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provided you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The service is impeccable, the food and the presentation is excellent, the concierge service is wonderful. the location is supreme.
Without a doubt one of the best small hotels where I have stayed.
Special mention to be made to the concierge, the tea service in the afternoon, the small intimate bar.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very special, and have all the amenities that anyone could not even expect.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juan D

I was so happy to read your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service your received especially from the Concierge desk. I have passed on your kind words to them and to the rest of my brilliant team. I do hope you will come back to stay with us soon.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is my first TripAdvisor review. I'm excited to share my experience from these past few days at The Milestone Hotel! I've traveled to London over a dozen times from the U.S. In the past I've always opted for the "big name" 5 star London hotels. I was excited to try something new this trip based on the advice of a friend and the terrific online reviews. This is a family run, small hotel that is part of the Red Carnation Collection, founded by Bea Tollman who was awarded best hotelier several years ago. The family feel is what makes the big difference. Everyone cares and it's totally genuine in and out. You can't train to this level of service if it's not genuine and at the Milestone it really is. This hotel is like Apple is to computer stores. Every detail has been thought out! I could not have been happier with my selection! The Millestone Hotel is a true British experience. On arrival I was immediately welcomed by the "Front of House Manager" Neil and his team. From that point on every single member of the hotel staff treated me like family, calling me by name and anticipating my needs. The rooms are beautifully appointed with everything you would expect at the best five star hotel and the rooms are incredibly clean with the best possible bedding, towels, and bath amenities...and a rain shower! I will for sure be back. Oh and be sure to try Bea's candied walnuts they leave in the room. They are amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank NYCTravelGuy2014

I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad that you found our service met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all the team. I do hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

To sum it up I felt like the Great Gatsby during our stay at the Milestone. The Carnation Hotels in London are second to none. The owners and management have found a special recipe for success in how the staff are consistently top notch and the food and accommodations beyond 5 stars! We were pleasantly surprised when we first arrived to be upgraded to the Prince Albert room. This room was jaw dropping in terms of its size, interior design, functionality, and ambience...pictures do not do it justice. In fact it was hard to pull ourselves away from the room during the day to go sightseeing. The dining room and lounges were incredibly cozy and the food and drinks were outstanding. The staff were extremely engaged, and professional. Everyone new our names from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. Everything at this hotel is first class and they set the standard from which other hotels should strive for. After staying at world famous resorts in the Maldives and thinking we had seen it all, the Milestone lifted our spirits being our last stay on our epic vacation. Thanks to the management and the staff for making our stay so special. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jason M
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

I was thrilled to read your review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy that we made you feel comfortable and enjoyed the great facilities in The Prince Albert Suite. It is a beautiful room with stunning views. I was glad that we managed to end your vacation in style for you and please do come and join us again soon.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

After coming here for afternoon tea on our anniversary I need to adjust all my previous ratings on Tripadvisor. The luxuriousness of the Park Lounge and reception is beyond what I could have imagined. The service is unbelievable, there is always someone nearby to ask. We went for the classic afternoon tea option which came with more than enough food for us: sandwiches, a selection of cakes etc. and freshly cooked scones. If you don't finish it don't worry they will pack it up in a box for you to take with you.
One tip I would give would be If you use Foursquare you can get a glass of champagne free with each check in at the moment saving you about £9 (simple afternoon tea vs. champagne afternoon tea).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Oli B

I was really glad to read your kind words following your afternoon tea with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed experience in our beautiful Park Lounge and I do hope that you will come and join us again very soon.
Many thnaks once again,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed in the rooftops apartment for 10 days just after Christmas and it was so lovely it's hard to explain.All the amenities you can possibly imagine (room service,housekeeping etc) but it also felt like you were living in London with your own apartment. Staff is discreet, housekeeping staff are outstanding..I have stayed in luxury hotels in many cities in the world and have never had more congenial,welcoming staff anywhere! The breakfast is fantastic but if you have a chance they had the most fantastic warm salted caramel sauce on the rice pudding that was to die for ( am considering emailing the hotel for the recipe) .Wonderful location across from Kensington Palace,easy access to tube or buses and easy to hail a cab from wonderful doorman....without a doubt I recommend this hotel and will always return whenever I'm in London..I miss it already!

Room Tip: We would def recommend the apartments for families ....not huge but nice size for a family
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kendall K

I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay in our apartments and enjoyed all the service and facilities we provided you with. Please do come and see us again when I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Visited on Sunday afternoon for a 70th birthday. Wonderful experience all round. Food was fresh, plentiful and good quality. Wide range of teas. Nice small intimate room with great ambience. Staff were all friendly and attentive without being over the top. Nice cocktails in the bar which was also very atmospheric. All in all a perfect afternoon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 236_StiG
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your special celebration Afternoon Tea with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read that you found the service and beautiful surroundings to your liking. Please do visit us again soon.