“# One in Our Hearts”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Checking in to the number one rated hotel in London surpassed all our expectations. The Milestone sets the standard for premier service and amenities. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out we were 'spoiled rotten' as promised by the very helpful reservationist. From Steve the doorman, to Pedro the butler, to Jose and Joshua, concierges extraordinaire, our every need was attended to with enthusiasm. Every staff member in the hotel works as a team member to serve the guest. The restaurant staff, the bartenders, the bellman are all constantly on the ready to help accommodate any guest at any time. High Tea at the Milestone was elegant and delicious as well as the breakfast served each morning. It was hard to leave this hotel and re-enter the real world. We will definitely return for some more 'spoiling'! Thank you Milestone for providing the exclamation point to our fabulous UK visit. PS. Listening to Malcolm play piano in the 'living room' was a special treat as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank anne g
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your glowing review of the Milestone Hotel.

Our front line team do really strive to make every guests stay exceptional and Steve, Pedro, Jose, Joshua and Malcolm were all very please to hear how much you enjoyed their service and in Malcolm’s case his music. I am happy you managed to spend some time in our Park Lounge over afternoon tea too, it really is a fantastic experience not to be missed.

I look forward to that return trip that we can spoil you rotten once again.

Kindest regards

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,019)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I recently had a trip to London and I had a tough time choosing a good hotel …. I choose The Milestone for a few reasons but primarily based on the reviews on TripAdvisor - the reviews are excellent - I am generally quite cynical about reviews and thought it can't be that good - what can they do that make a hotel experience so special? -
well they can and the do - remarkable service - from each and everyone of the staff -
Well done The Milestone - Many hotels could learn a lot from yours!

not cheap but very very good ..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank M11WWW

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy to read that you have been converted to a believer. We have many guests who stay with us sceptical about our Tripadvisor reputation however, I'm glad to read that we ticked all the boxes and ensured you had a great time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest regards

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I came to know about this hotel as i was looking for a place that has the feel of traditional afternoon tea in London. What a surprise this hotel was and what a revelation. The service starts from the doorman to the concierge to the maitre de of the parlor to the waiter who assisted us through all the tea sipping, finger sandwiching, bite sized desserts we can stuff our mouths with. I also can't forget to mention this was all followed by the flakiest scones with local jam and clotted cream you can eat. That is if you can after eating all the abundant first tidbits they provide you with. At the milestone you feel like you stepped into a bygone era where the tea room feels like your aunts parlor, that is if your aunt was a noble lady and you were in the 19th century. It was cozy warm and completely inviting. Soothing live piano music was being played somewhere in the background, while discreet and attentive service was provided by the staff. I think i may be a hotel guest the next time i come to london. Well done milestone for the awesome service, its been a while since i have experienced genuine courtesy coming from the heart.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Md74_12
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your kind words following your Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad to read that we met your expectations and you found our service and the general ambience of the hotel to your liking. Please do come and visit us again soon.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Everything about our stay was perfect - the room, the service by all members of staff and the food and drink both in the Stables Bar as well as breakfast in the restaurant.
My husband had arranged a romantic turn down while we were at the theatre and it was beautifully done.
Thank you to everyone at The Milestone for making our first stay so special, we will be returning!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hayl341

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your romantic break with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provided you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The service is impeccable, the food and the presentation is excellent, the concierge service is wonderful. the location is supreme.
Without a doubt one of the best small hotels where I have stayed.
Special mention to be made to the concierge, the tea service in the afternoon, the small intimate bar.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very special, and have all the amenities that anyone could not even expect.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juan D

I was so happy to read your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service your received especially from the Concierge desk. I have passed on your kind words to them and to the rest of my brilliant team. I do hope you will come back to stay with us soon.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is my first TripAdvisor review. I'm excited to share my experience from these past few days at The Milestone Hotel! I've traveled to London over a dozen times from the U.S. In the past I've always opted for the "big name" 5 star London hotels. I was excited to try something new this trip based on the advice of a friend and the terrific online reviews. This is a family run, small hotel that is part of the Red Carnation Collection, founded by Bea Tollman who was awarded best hotelier several years ago. The family feel is what makes the big difference. Everyone cares and it's totally genuine in and out. You can't train to this level of service if it's not genuine and at the Milestone it really is. This hotel is like Apple is to computer stores. Every detail has been thought out! I could not have been happier with my selection! The Millestone Hotel is a true British experience. On arrival I was immediately welcomed by the "Front of House Manager" Neil and his team. From that point on every single member of the hotel staff treated me like family, calling me by name and anticipating my needs. The rooms are beautifully appointed with everything you would expect at the best five star hotel and the rooms are incredibly clean with the best possible bedding, towels, and bath amenities...and a rain shower! I will for sure be back. Oh and be sure to try Bea's candied walnuts they leave in the room. They are amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank NYCTravelGuy2014

I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad that you found our service met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all the team. I do hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

To sum it up I felt like the Great Gatsby during our stay at the Milestone. The Carnation Hotels in London are second to none. The owners and management have found a special recipe for success in how the staff are consistently top notch and the food and accommodations beyond 5 stars! We were pleasantly surprised when we first arrived to be upgraded to the Prince Albert room. This room was jaw dropping in terms of its size, interior design, functionality, and ambience...pictures do not do it justice. In fact it was hard to pull ourselves away from the room during the day to go sightseeing. The dining room and lounges were incredibly cozy and the food and drinks were outstanding. The staff were extremely engaged, and professional. Everyone new our names from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. Everything at this hotel is first class and they set the standard from which other hotels should strive for. After staying at world famous resorts in the Maldives and thinking we had seen it all, the Milestone lifted our spirits being our last stay on our epic vacation. Thanks to the management and the staff for making our stay so special. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jason M
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

I was thrilled to read your review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy that we made you feel comfortable and enjoyed the great facilities in The Prince Albert Suite. It is a beautiful room with stunning views. I was glad that we managed to end your vacation in style for you and please do come and join us again soon.
My best wishes,