“Traditional hotel in Kensington”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for one night at the end of a London/Paris trip before we flew out of Heathrow the next day. My husband and I are 30 and I wanted to splurge on the last night of our trip. This is a traditional, mature hotel that I would probably recommend for an older crowd. Upon our arrival, we booked afternoon tea for that afternoon, which we loved. The food was delicious, especially the scones, and we had a great time. That evening we walked through Kensington Gardens, right across the street. The staff was great and we arranged for coffee in our room with the wake-up call early the next morning. They also helped us figure out the most economical way to get to the aiport since we did not want to take a private car (we love quality public transportation). The only downside was we had planned the times perfectly to get to the airport on time in the morning, but when we went to check out, we had to wait about 15 minutes for a receptionist to arrive and check us out. Otherwise, we had a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia A
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and apologies for your issues at check out. These are being looked in to as I write this message to you. I was really glad you got to try our fantastic homemade scones also. Please do come back and visit us again which I hope will be soon.
With renewed thanks,
Andrew Pike

Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived a bit early on Sunday but the room was ready. We were offered a tour of the facilities and learned all we needed to know. It really is like being in someone's home.

#202 King was a good room on the back side, so quiet.

After freshening up a bit we went down to the Stables Bar to have our complimentary drink. Listen all you dopes, obviously we paid 510 per night and a free drink doesn't matter, but it does. It started a really valuable relationship with the lads at the bar. I'm horrible at names, they were from Italy. They listened to what we liked and made some amazing suggestions. We arrived one day when the lads weren't there and the other bartender knew our names and what we wanted. Order the mixed sandwiches, really good. And they have Twiglets for bar snacks.

There is nothing you can't ask for here. Don't worry about any postcards..they have it covered.

I received a lovely little manicure kit as a gift when I left. The rain shower was amazing, no trouble with consistent hot water. Mini-bar was good, but expensive. I found a place to buy a cheaper vodka and just used the juices. We continued to receive tasty gift treats in the room all the time.

So the location!! Across the street Kensington Gardens. Every afternoon I went across and sat on a bench and read.

Wake up calls came with coffee or tea. We didn't go to breakfast until the last day. So stupid. We didn't realize it came with the room. It was very tasty.

We did have dinner one night at the hotel, UGH. There were very loud folks and since it is a very small room, it was uncomfortable. I wanted to leave, but the older man who helped us made it an OK experience. We were just too tired to leave the hotel. The food was good. I had Sole and my friend had the Chicken Pie. So good. I thought the olive oil was so darn good, come to find out something about the owner, all I know is it was delicious and they had 3 salts to choose from with little spoons.

I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Oh and yes, they have Fox TV and the quickest and easiest internet I have ever encountered. We had lap taps, tablets, etc., I never had to re-up at 3am like most hotels. Great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank KateJ8

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed the room facilities and have especially sent your comments to our unsung heroes in our I.T department. We have recently upgraded our wireless internet service in the hotel and it was great to read that rated this service very highly. I was also really pleased that you enjoyed our food and bevearge service and the overall service you received. I have passed on your kind words to the great team here at the hotel and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a mini break to London for my 30th birthday. My husband chose the Milestone as a surprise and he couldn't have picked a nicer place. The staff were lovely and very accommodating I stupidly forgotten a brush for example rang down and they found me one within minutes.
Our room was a safari suite and it had great decor, the bed was extremely comfortable.
The room was all very clean and we had a lovely view over the gardens I think the only thing people may struggle with is the shower height as fairly low but there is large bath and hose type shower to use.... This wasn't actually an issue for us at all, but thought may help other specify rooms etc....
The afternoon tea was delicious it is fairly expensive but you do get a fair amount of food and considering the location you are in I don't think it's over priced. We shared one between 2 and it was ample.
Breakfast was lovely we had continental and cooked bits there was a good selection and the pastries and fruit were really nice.
The hotel is in a great area not too noisy for London and having the gardens across the road to take a walk in was lovely.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank dizzyd1984

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the Safari Suite which as you mention does indeed have stunning views over Kensington Gardens. I was also glad to read you got a chance to enjoy our fantastic Afternoon Tea. I really do hope that you will join us again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, but a hotel like many others. Small, "dusty" rooms, old facilities (bathroom, TV, AC, etc), old (and again "dusty") furniture, old windows with bad isolation - i.e. a typical London, Paris or Rome hotel that attempts to create an "old Europe" feel but is simply just old and stuffy.
Service and food are good, but not excellent. There are many comparable hotels in London and I really really dont understand how so many excellent reviews and so few average ones came about. Just because there is a welcome drink? There is really nothing super special about this place - as I said, its good, but definitely not in the top 10 in Lindon. Just the location and the look of the hotel from the outside (esp. during xmas) are really great - but even that has a drawback since the hotel is located right on a busy street and views on the park are somewhat tarnished by dusty windows. The only thing i really loved was the super comfortable bed.

• Stayed: June 2014
13  Thank Mrs P
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a perfect hotel with a very convenient and central location. This hotel deserves to be the recipient of a Travelers Choice. Award. It is such a charming hotel with an exceptional staff. The service was extraordinary.The room was very nice and comfortable. I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank morlev

Thank you so very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the service you received from the brilliant team I have at the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Many thanks once again,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

An amazing experience:

Upgraded free of charge.
Fresh fruit in the room
Luxury Sheets and Towels
Complimentary Champagne, and Bottled Water, and soaps etc
Fresh Flowers throughout the hotel.
Room cleaned twice a day, even picking our clothes up and putting them on the hangers.
Gorgeous Breakfast, with an amazing choice.
Room peaceful, and fully air conditioned
Gorgeous Shower
Turndown service a must have
Order Tea or coffee to the room, and get fabulous free biscuits with it (and a flower)
Nothing to much trouble
Want to know the best places to eat ask desk staff, wonderful local knowledge, want a taxi just ask, want an umbrella just ask, in fact anything we wanted we could have.
Staff remembered our names from first time.
To much more to list, but in summary if you want to be treated like a King or Queen, by friendly staff in a gorgeous setting then look no further than the Milestone Hotel, without a doubt the next time I go to London, and the time after, and after I will stay in this hotel.

Thank You Milestone.

James and Paula

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paula E

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations and that you felt you were treated like royalty. Our aim here is to ensure that each and every guest has a fantastic stay with us and I really do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Two weeks ago, my husband and I took our two daughters to London for their high school/college graduations. We were simply overjoyed with our stay at The Milestone. Their service is impeccable! The breakfast was loaded with many goodies, more than ever needed. The rooms, both deluxe and junior suites were superior. The girls' room was absolutely adorable and perfect for them in a powder blue velvet with double twin canopies! A surprise birthday cake was even delivered for one daughter's birthday! Candles were lit in the evening in the master bath when we returned at night. The observatory was one of our favorites stops for a drink or respite. Both bartenders knew our special drinks and always had them ready. Immaculada, our waitress for breakfast was perfect! Other favorites were Teddy and Stephen, the doormen.......just darling, always with a smile ready to open the door or hail a taxi. We spent 6 glorious days at The Milestone and I'm ready to visit again! When in London, my choice will be The Milestone!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank RileyCharlotte
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I was thrilled to read your comments following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you and your family enjoyed this very special trip and I have passed your kind words on to Stephen, Teddy, Immaculada, the bar staff and the rest of the team who ensured we met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the near futre.
My kindest regards,