The Milestone Hotel and Residences
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
2,103 results
All reviewskensington palaceafternoon teastables barred carnationwelcome drinkthe entire staffrose petalsfavorite hotellittle touchesturn down servicekensington high streetthe general managerhyde parkwonderful hotelevery member of staffsmall hotelthe ritz
Reviewed 2 December 2008

I have waited a bit to write this review, because I wanted all of my thoughts about The Milestone to synthesize before I merely gushed ceaselessly.

Having travelled and stayed in every major "brand" luxury hotel, e.g., Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, etc., I have never had as uniformly wonderful experience as we enjoyed at The Milestone.

First, we were upgraded to a Master Suite as an absolute surprise. We did not ask for an upgrade, and we did not expect an upgrade. A tremendous first impression.

Second, one expects at 500 pound plus per night that the staff will be courteous, welcoming, and helpful. However, the staff at The Milestone, from reception, the concierge staff, the butler staff, the dining room staff, to housekeeping was exceptional. Each knew the name of every member of my family within an hour of the commencement of our stay.

Third, the physical condition of the property is maintained in a meticulous way. No paint chipped, no curtains frayed, no questionable linens. Everything is in perfect shape.

Fourth, the location is difficult to beat. Hyde Park and Kensington Palace are steps away. High Street Kensington and its shopping are steps away, and the tube stop is a four minute walk.

Fifth, unlike almost every other property, the Red Carnation Group (which owns/operates The Milestone) gets that when someone is spending a great deal on a hotel, it is galling to get "nickled and dimed" or, I suppose, "five-penced and ten-penced" for things that should be included as an amenity, such as free internet access in-room and in the common areas, free business services, free electric converters, free computer loan, and complimentary canapes and drinks each evening. These things are all part of one's stay at The Milestone. Though small, all of these touches make one's stay so much more relaxing.

Finally, we travelled with our son. Many properties (and restaurants) "tolerate" children and little more. The staff at The Milestone treated our son just like we treat him: as an actual person, with his own likes and dislikes, his own opinions, his own sense of humor, and his own personality. He is a very well-travelled 9 year old, having been to more countries already than I had been to by 30; but his stay was even more uniquely wonderful than ours, and unparalleled in all of our hotel stays as a family.

Though this review is lengthy, it merely scratches the surface of the excellence that is The Milestone. I cannot imagine staying at another property while in London, and I hope I never have to. Moreover, this was our first stay at a Red Carnation property. I will now seek them out.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank ciderpup
Reviewed 24 November 2008

Just returned from a short overnight stay at the Milestone Hotel London. I must say how friendly, helpful and efficient the staff were. My husband had surprised me with a theatre trip and an overnight stay in London for my birthday. We had a great time made extra nice by the hotel staff. We were met on our arrival by a man called Terry who was very helpful, who showed us all around the hotel. Our room was lovely, immaculate, spacious and comfortable. We had breakfast in the restuarant which I must say the scrambled egg was the best I had ever tasted!! Again the staff were brilliant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting quality and comfort with a great atmosphere. I would certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2008

Everything was exactly as described on the hotel website. Wonderful accomodations and fantastic service. I can't speak highly enough of the friendly and helpful staff. It really did feel like our own home during our stay. The private entrance was especially appreciated and the location of the hotel really made us feel safe. We stayed for 10 nights and after a day full of sight-seeing and walking, it was a true pleasure to walk through the door and relax in front of the fireplace. We spent three days in Paris and the hotel was gracious enough to keep a huge piece of luggage for us so we didn't need to mail it back early. This was our first trip to London and I spent three weeks researching hotels before deciding on the Milestone. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else on my return. I made a point of finding some of the hotels I had considered (The Dorchester, The Stafford, etc.) and it just confirmed that I had picked the BEST!

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 25 September 2008

Wonderful hotel, great room, very comfortable bed, super room ameniities, good breakfast and outstanding service. Great massage at the spa!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2008

We stayed here for 4 days precruise in early August. It was really one of the best hotel experiences we have had anywhere (and we travel quite a bit).

We arrived early and were not only allowed to check in but were upgraded to the fabulous Safari Suite. The attention to detail from all the staff is over the top, I am amazed that anyone would give this beautiful hotel 3 stars!

The breakfasts were divine and the high tea quite an experience for SoCal folks. NO request was to small to be handled promptly and with grace, We did not have dinner or a drink in the bar (although it was very charming).

The area is close to the tube, various museums, Hyde Park, Kensington Palace (across the street). Lots of shopping in the neighborhood.

We did a very nice package on Luxury Link and it was worth every penny twice over. Believe all the wonderful things you read in the reviews and treat yourself to a fantastic holiday. You will be treated like royalty!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple