“Our favourite London Hotel”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chester
“Our favourite London Hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Needed a hotel within walking distance of the Royal Albert Hall. I have come to rely on Tripadvisor for guidance and we were not let down. Blissfully comforable, the room upgrade being an unexpected bonus, and being able to step across the road into Kensington Gardens was sheer delight. Can't wait to come again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
East Sussex
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We enjoyed a fantastic stay at this wonderful hotel. The staff were attentive and provided us with a guided tour of the hotel. The room was wonderful and such a change from the normal having so much character. The food was excellent and the afternoon teas are worth a visit just for the setting and food. The location is very central and all of London is easily accessable. We will be back to enjoy the hotel again - we recommend this hotel to all and we will be back!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Sweden
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Me and my wife stayed at the hotel for three nights and were extremely pleased. The room was perfect and even better than you could expect. The staff were very attentive and made us feel like home. I will probably not stay in another hotel in London. There were so many small details that made a difference.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandarin74
Gibraltar
Reviewed 3 June 2009

I've stayed at the Milestone several times and never been disappointed. The service is, like all the Red Carnation Hotels, fantastic and there's something about the ambience that gives the place a feel of a luxury country residence. The location, opposite Kensington Gardens is wonderful and all things considered I'd say this is my favourite part of London. All of the rooms are beautifully and it seems individually designed and furnished. The food is fantastic with a high class restaurant and a discreet bar which I reguarly use for entertaining clients or friends when in London. If you want a laid back and high class hotel experience in London this is the hotel for you. It's got real class.

1 Thank SabinB
herts
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Every minute spent here was worth every penny, arriving dishevelled exhausted, soaking wet with a baby and all her paraphenalia in tow, the staff swept us up with such warm and genuine care that we soon fell in love with the hotel.
A hotel is more than fixtures and fittings and though gorgeous in every way to look at, and very comfortable to sleep in, it was the staff that makes this place so special, from manager to cleaners all staff on every level were outstanding. I've been to some posh hotels with my baby and been made to feel like a leper, not so here, where i was made to feel as though she were a vip.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank harbiner
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My husband and I visit London every 'term' to visit our son at University and it is important to us to stay somewhere well recommended and where the service and standard is very good. We have found this with the Red Carnation Group of Hotels-small and intimate where it is the staff's priority to make your stay with them as pleasurable as possible. No one request is too much and all the staff are so friendly and polite. The standard of the room at The Milestone was wonderful and we stayed in a beautiful Venetian themed room. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and the bar area was delightful to use later. The canapes served -delicious in the bar and also those brought to our room. Having stayed at the Ritz- The Milestone and Hotel 41 deserve their Trip Advisor excellent ratings so much more. (The Ritz gets their ratings from their presigious name rather than service etc.) You won't be at all disappointed with this hotel- it will just confirm what an excellent hotel it is and you will re-visit it time and again. Breakfast was delicious and all freshly made- nothing sat under warmers for ages. Again- excellent service. The hotel restaurant was very well recommended which unfortunately we couldn't sample this time but will definately do so again at another visit. Lee the hotel manager was so professional and welcoming. Hats off to this hotel at every level.

1 Thank Vicki E
Charlotte
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Had a power trip to london--20 hours in london and 2 transatlantic flights sandwiching it and stayed at the milestone in my few hours there. Staff was so friendly--brought me a latte as soon as I arrived. Hotel was lovely--wish I'd had more time to enjoy the gym, the spa, the restaurant, the tea room. My room was tiny but that's london. Everything was impeccable and cozy. They left me fruits and even had an American electric outlet for my laptop. They really do think of all the little things. The location of the hotel is awesome--right across from Hyde Park and close to all the shopping. Hotel is a bit expensive but that's why it's a business hotel. It is worth a splurge for a personal stay. I wish I'd had them print out my boarding pass for Gatwick like they'd offered to--I ended up waiting in line for an hour myself once I got to the airport.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business