“Great hotel, but niggly problems”

The Milestone Hotel and Residences
Ranked #3 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2009

First of all this is a stunning hotel in a great location for Kensington, Knightsbridge and Notting Hill for retail therapy and relaxing. Very attentive staff who are really friendly. The rooms are a little small - or should I say, there was a lot of furniture crammed in to our room.

However, lack of a functioning TV (it had to be repaired twice in a four day stay), an unstable wireless set-up was a small price to pay for an unbelievable trip to London.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2009

Our first time in London...this hotel was recommended by travel agent. Lovely hotel! We stayed a week in an apartment...my recommendation if you have a family. We loved having the extra room and my kids(18 & 11) had their own rooms. 2 bathrooms also which is a HUGE plus! Perfect location without car. Bus stop was right across the street and tube station is a short walk down the street. Staff is top notch!! Ask and you shall receive...and I'm not kidding about that!! If you are an avid runner or walker, you will love Kensington Park right across the street. We had a fantastic time in London!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank CindyNortheastUSA
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Cant fault the service we recieved at this hotel,great location,attention to detail,best hotel we have stayed at with or without our Maggie dog.Perfect in every way.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

My wife and I arranged a one night stay at the Milestone Hotel for our Anniversary. We arrived late afternoon to what was an emaculate Hotel with the highest level of service I have ever encountered. The friendly staff were only a phone call away - nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel like absolute royalty. We ate in their restaurant that evening before going out to the theatre. It was quiet, relaxing and the waiter service was extremely professional, polite and very friendly.

The breakfast was beautifully presented and equally tasty - loved the sausages! The room itself was emmaculate, very spacious and the maid service's attention to every detail reaffirmed the feeling of royalty.

I have never stayed anywhere like the Milestone before I doubt highly that I will meet another Hotel with this much warmth and professionalism.

Mr Pike seems to know exactly what makes a Hotel like this one the best in London, and he, like all his staff seem to take such great pride in their work and are genuinely committed it seems to ensuring that this remains the very best.

Mr and Mrs P Beynon
CHRISTCHURCH, DORSET, UK

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed at the Milestone Hotel during a resent trip to Europe. It was an unparallel hotel experience! The Milestone is in a prime location overlooking the park. They thought of everything down to fresh fruit delived to our room daily. We had afternoon tea on our private balcany. If you want to live like a prince this is the place to do it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I could write a book about how much I enjoyed my stay at The Milestone. But instead, I'll just say this: I travel a lot for work, all over the world, and The Milestone is simply the best I have experienced in the world. The service, the rooms, the location -- unbeatable. Well worth it!

Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank worldtrvlr777
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed at the MIlestone for 6 days following a Mediterranean cruise. From the moment our car dropped us at the hotel, until the morning we left, we could not find fault with anything about this great hotel.
Pedro and Abdi. whose vocation in life seems to be to ensure that guests at their hotel are relieved of stress completely, were attentive in the most professional way imaginable, friendly but not too much, informative but to just the right degree. These guys have been doing this a long time!
The front desk was responsive. courteous, and on the ball. They knew exactly the status of our room, and offered us an upgrade to a suite that was as elegant as could be( admittedly, they asked us if we would be willing to pay a little extrs for this -- it was worth every penny).
I cannot speak highly enough of the concierges JIm, Gavin, Neil, and Jose. I peppered them with requests prior to our vacation, and their responsiveness was immediate. During our stay, nothing was too much trouble, and of course their resourcefulness is extraordinary. On our last night, at 7.10pm, I found a security tag had been left in a gift we had bought earlier that day. They arranged for one of the staff to take the gift to a local store to get it removed -- in fact, they had to try 3 stores before finding one with the right equipment!
Paul and his staff in the restaurant treated us like old friends whose comfort and enjoyment was of paramount importance. Whatever we wanted for breakfast was provided, and perfectly cooked. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, varied, and constantly replenished.
Two small quibbles:There was the smell of cigarettes on our non-smoking floor, and the shower head was of the handheld variety. I mentioned both in my comments card, and received a personal letter from the General Manager apologising, and explaining that a guest broke the rules, and the air conditioning ( which was excellent, by the way ) had transmitted the smell, and that the shower was a rainfall type that fell from the ceiling, and he regretted that no one had explained it to us.
My wife and I have stayed in many fine hotels all over the world, as well as in London. This was the best service, and the best hotel experience, we have ever had.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple