“Simply the Best 5* Experience Ever”

The Milestone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We visited London w/end of 26th February to see Madam Butterfly at the Albert Hall so were looking for a hotel within easy walking distance that my arthritic knees could cope with! The Milestone is only a 10min easy walk away. It looked really wonderful from the pictures on their web site & what you see is really what you get in this case. We were going to travel down by train but due to the 'demise' of The Wreham & Shropshire' railway just a few weeks befoer our visit (after going into panic mode) we decided to travel by car. The hotel staff were superb & said just park outside & then one of their fully insured doormen would drive the car to secure car parking a short distance away,it cost £35-00 but was well worth it. That was such a relief for us, being 'country bumkins'. As soon as we walked into the hotel I new it was going to be a great weekend, the hotel is fab, but it is the attitude & helpfulness of the staff that make it such a great place & we got a discounted rate because we were going to the Albert Hall. I cannot remember all the names of the staff, but Pedro & Neil greeted us shaking hands as if we were long lost friends. Pedro took us on a tour of the ground floor which was a great help for later when we went down for afternoon tea, he also took us to our room, No 305 which was very palatial, decorated in dark greens, spotlessly clean with everything to hand that you could possibly want or need, & we really enjoyed the complimentary glass of champagne, & had a wonderful nights sleep in a very comfortable bed, with no traffic noise. Afternoon tea was a great experience, the food was delicious, again the staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble, they are all so well organised, nothing is left to chance, they really have the knack of making you feel very special.The food in the restaurant is very, very good, with a huge selection for breakfast. The next day as we were leaving both Neil & Pedro asked how we had enjoyed Madam Butterfly (how did they remeber with so many guests in the hotel) & they seemed genuinely pleased that we had had such a great time, I really cannot understand how this hotel is not No 1 in London. I am not a London fan (being a country girl) & always feel a bit nervous when we go down there, but I cannot wait to stay at The Milestone again, we have been all over the world, but I think that nothing beats the service & surroundings at The Milestone, great location, decor, food & service. Stay here & you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Sue10F
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your stay. I am always delighted to read when we have met our guests expectations and these have been passed on to Neil and Pedro and the rest of the team. I do hope you return to stay with us when you return to London and The Royal Albert Hall.

There are newer reviews for The Milestone Hotel

Reviewed 4 March 2011

The best service we have ever received. The amazing staff at this hotel have a unique way of making you feel that you are the most important guest that has ever stayed. Our children loved every minute and did not want to leave. Exceeded our (very high!) expectations at every level. We have stayed in most of Londons top/famous hotels and not one of them comes close to the service and experience we had at The Milestone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Colette S

I was very pleased to read your complimentary comments regarding you and your children’s stay with us. I have a very passionate team here at The Milestone who take great pride in the service they deliver. These have already been passed on to the team. I sincerely hope we can exceed you expectations even more on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

The room was fantastic! Room service was superb and they even have a pool and a fabulous masseuse named Fiona who gave one of the best massages I have ever had!!!
I had a meeting and was late and the doorman got me a cab and the concierge was holding my Starbucks cappucino in his hand ready! I highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for you great feedback that I have passed on to Fiona and to our Doorman. I am also glad you enjoyed your in room dining during your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

I've just returned from a really wonderful stay at The Milestone! Everything about the hotel is 100% five star.Service was beyond anything I've recieved anywhere else in the world. The people at The Milestone think of everything and then some. My room was beautiful and spotless. Turn down was really nice with different treats everynight. The staff from the front desk to the housekeepers and everyone in between were lovely and very helpful. Don't miss this one when your in London. it's the place to stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

I thank you so much for your glowing recommendation and that we met your expectations. We have a great Housekeeping team here at The Milestone Hotel and I am going to pass on your very kind comments to them and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

We had a fabulous stay at the Milestone. The staff were so helpful and the children had a wonderful time on their behind the scenes tour with Pedro. The children were made to feel so special with their own robes and slippers and a gift when they arrived. My daughter has several food allergies and the staff were all aware and very attentive. The chef was able to adapt his very exciting menu for her. The staff including Neil the manager and Stefan went out of their way to be friendly and welcoming. The rooms were an excellent size and we had an adjoing one for the children. We loved the resistance pool.
We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

I was delighted to read your great feedback regarding your stay with us. We always try our very best to make guests of all ages welcome and comfortable during their stay with us. I have already passed on your kind comments on to Pedro, Neil and Stefan and the rest of the team. I was also very pleased to read that we catered for your child’s dietary requirements during your stay. We hope that on your next visit to London that you once again choose The Milestone Hotel.

Reviewed 26 February 2011

My husband and I selected London as the destination where we wished to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. After much research we chose the Milestone Hotel and are so pleased that we did. This is truly a lovely hotel with a wonderful staff. Our entire experience greatly exceeded our expectations.

Our package included full English breakfast (very tasty and plentiful, charming and cheerful staff, cozy dining room) and private car transfer from Heathrow. Our delightful driver Colin took us on a little mini-tour before dropping us at the hotel, helping us to get our bearings. Our lovely upgraded room was ready for us upon arrival. On our second night at the Hotel we returned to our room after a show to find it decorated with candles and rose petals, with a bottle of Champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary.

The entire Milestone staff was first-rate: Our room was always beautifully clean, we were greeted by name by the reception staff and doormen, all doing their best to make our stay a memorable one. I would be remiss if I didn't say a special word about JIm, Neil, Jose and Patrick at the concierege desk. Tthey helped us immensely with theatre tickets, dinner reservations, private tours, directions and advice on how to use the tube. No request was too great for them.

Located in Kennsington, The Milestone might be a liite out of the way for some. We liked the neighborhood, it was great for strolling and antiquing. The Royal Albert Hall, Natural History Museum and V&A are close by as are Harrods and the other Knightsbridge shopping areas. There is a tube stop within easy walking distance of the hotel.

I am busy thinking up excuses to make another trip to London. Another stay at the Milestone is definitely in our future!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

I was so happy that you enjoyed your 30th Wedding Anniversary stay with us. I have passed your very kind comments to Colin and to The Concierge team. I hope that you will come to stay once again to celebrate another special occasion.

Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband and I just returned after a weeklong stay at the Milestone. In a word, the experience was splendid! Let’s begin with the perfect setting – across the street from gorgeous Kensington gardens, a stones throw from the Kensington High Street stop on the Circle Line of the tube, and within walking distance to fabulous restaurants. A few words about the staff who immediately understands your wants and desires – Marcus could very well be the bartender of the year, Jim the concierge who never tires of meeting your every need, Teddy the hero who booked us a table at Il Portico where we were treated as part of the family, Neil the assistant manager who can make any guest feel at home at the Milestone. I could go on, but really you must just go and see for yourself.

1  Thank rissable