“Informal professional service. Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #94 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Informal professional service. Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Has become my London home is recent years. Always greeted and staff seem to remember you. Always friendly. Probably the best room service breakfasts going too. Would recommend Park Terrace restaurant too. A cut above your average hotel restaurant

Room Tip: The more you pay the better you get. What a surprise!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ruckersville, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

We always stay within 10 minutes of Kinsington Palace, usually in an apartment. For our 15th visit to London we decided to pull out all the stops and stay at this hotel which we had been looking at for years. We were very pleased with every aspect of this property from the room, the staff, and the food service. Kinsington Garden being adjacent to the hotel was an obvious plus. Underground stations for 3 different lines are within a 10 min. walk. We look forward to returning to this property.

Room Tip: Park view rooms are most desirable.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

A few days business trip, free upgrade, great service, splendid room, Beautiful view to the park. First time in London to have the room ready to be occupied before the official check in time. Tube is right at the corner connecting to everywhere in the city.

Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel, in total, is very nice. I can't give it 5 stars because a couple of things were missing for me. First, it is in a very nice neighborhood. The bus stops right outside of the hotel. The tube is two blocks away. You will probably have to change lines once if you want to get to the most common tourist areas. However, this is not a big deal. It is right next to a park, there is plenty of shopping, a couple of pubs, two clubs, restaurants, and a Whole Foods. It seemed very safe. As a side note, if you want to go out at night to the tourist areas, you will need to take a night bus if you stay out late or be ready to pay for a taxi. The taxis are very expensive. The hotel itself is very nice. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bed was great with nice linen. The bathroom was beautiful with a large shower and plenty of lighting. However, there is no free Wi-Fi anywhere in the hotel. It costs 20 GBP per night! Ridiculous!!!! In this day and age, I don’t care if you are a 5 star hotel, that's just poor business. There was also no iron/ironing board in the room. We did find one in the hallway, but it was inconvenient. The concierge was very helpful and gave us tips only a local would know. I would not recommend the Asian restaurant. WAY WAY overpriced for the food. It was nothing special. In fact, I found it to be rather boring food. And, the drinks are very expensive. All in all, I would stay here again. But, I may look for a place with free Wi-Fi on a better tube line.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GTINTC11
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your previous stay at the Royal Garden Hotel.

I am very pleased to know that you had a nice stay overall and thought our location was very convenient. However, I am disappointed to hear that our award-winning Min Jiang Restaurant did not meet your expectations, especially as it is renowned for its Sichuan, legendary wood-fired duck and Dim Sum.
We appreciate your comment in regards Internet and please note that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi and other benefits when reservations are booked directly through the hotel.
We do also have iron and iron boards upon request through Housekeeping, please do not hesitate to contact Housekeeping or any member of our staff during your next visit.

We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Royal Garden Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Lovely hotel with great staff and nice clean contemporary surroundings. The room was a tad on the small side, with the TV awkwardly located. I would return to this hotel though as it's centrally located and great for business trips.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in Feb 2013 for 4 days and had a whimsical stay. I was here on a short vacation. My room had a gorgeous view of Kensington Palace. When I tell you it's across from the palace it is no exaggeration. It was amazing! It's next to a beautiful park and embassies. I was single female traveler and felt really safe in the area. It was a 5 min walk to the tube. On the weekends one of the tube lines didn't work and it took a while for me to get back but that was my fault. So plan ahead. Also because its in a shopping area everything is nearby supermarket,grocery store, Starbucks, clothing shops, restaurants cafes EVERYTHING! because of this it gets really really busy and crowded when walking to the tube but luckily the hotel is strategically located at the end of high street kensington and not chaotic so it's not a bother when you stay in your room.

The bed and pillows were a dream!! It was soft and plush and I had to force myself to leave the bed. They also brought up wine glasses and ice free of charge when I had guests over. They even opened up the bottle for us! Little things like this really means a lot. The room was clean and large enough for me. The bathroom was immaculate. They also had a towel warmer and thought that was cool.

I cannot comment on the food as I never ate here due mostly because it was really really expensive (especially on an American budget! Lol) so I ate in the restaurants near the hotel.

What I did really appreciate is them giving me the option of keeping or doing away with the mini bar before i entered the room. Since I knew how exorbitant the cost of using the mini bar I requested to have it removed. I never stayed at a hotel that gave me this option and to me RGH is really trying here in terms of customer satisfaction and making sure their guests do not get charged for superfluous things.

The staff was very friendly professional and courteous. The concierge didn't know exactly how to get where I wanted to go but he tried diligently to help me and he came up with a way to get to Hampton Court Palace efficiently due to the tube line disruption and it was a time saver!

The only complaint I have is that they should tell you when you check in how the lights function in the room because I was searching for 20min how to turn on the lights (you have to insert your key card into a slot to turn them on). Also they should use fabric softer on the robes and towel. There were unusually abrasive.

I would definitely recommend this hotel any day and can not wait to return! It was well worth the money!

1 Thank MissJetSet87
Middleburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is really well located by Kensington Gardens and a short cab ride to Knightsbridge. The room I had was pretty small but not unexpected for a premium London property. Bertie's Bar is pleasant and had good service but the restaurant on the 10th floor (I don't recall the name) did not impress service wise although the food was good. The staff at breakfast were all very impressive and I rate them highly. The breakfast choices themselves were also excellent with plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, cereals and an a la carte if preferred.