Royal Garden Hotel
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
3,720 results
All reviewskensington palacepark terracekensington high streetmin jiangbertie's bargarden roomoverlooking kensington gardenshyde parkgreat hotelqueen roomalbert hallroom servicestar hotelexcellent locationafternoon teatop floortube station
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is gorgeous! The staff are so attentive, the cocktail bar is fantastic and the room was just lovely. We stayed for two nights for a concert at the Royal Albert Hall, which is just a short stroll away. The hotel is situated right next door to Kensington Palace Gardens and so it's ideally situated for a stroll. Kensington High Street shops are on your doorstep, as is the nearest tube. The Hotel has parking through an NCP carpark right next door.

It was just lovely and well worth the money. Try the cocktail bar!

Room Tip: We chose a King size room and it overlooked Kensington High Street, it was lovely.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here on a business trip recently and was really surprised by the rating having stayed in hotel after hotel for work. The rooms are really small, so small I had nowhere to put my suitcase apart from in front of the wardrobe on the ground. I ordered room service one night, no complaints on that. The health club is in a different entrance so you need to go outside the front door to get there, I don't mind that so much but there was no information re: the health club in my room. There isn't much personality about the hotel, amenities are not obvious until you search for them. I did have a brownie waiting for me on arrival into the room which was a nice touch. A colleague had fruit which I would have appreciated probably more than the brownie. The tv channels could be improved, not a great selection and I really enjoy UK tv when I can get it so slightly disappointed. There should be an extra blanket in the wardrobe. The overall off putting thing for me was the small room. Staff were friendly and courteous but I didn't have much interaction. Good location but star rating is overrated given what you get which is pretty average

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cat F
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your comments in regards to improving our TV channel selection, including an extra blanket in the rooms and improving the in room information. I have passed on your remarks to the relevant managers for them to include in their investigations.

I am sorry that you felt the room was small. Our Queen Rooms are 21 sq metres in size, and are designed for the solo business traveller. We believe they are competitive in both price and size when compared with other London 5 star hotels. The vast majority of our guests find they are perfect for short stay, I apologise if this was not your case. We do offer a variety of room categories, with different sizes and layouts, for different occasions so when you plan on coming back then please take a look on our website on www.royalgardenhotel.co.uk for more information.

I’m glad you found the hotel in a great location and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Graham Bamford

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed again in Royal Garden Hotel last weekend. It is my second review about this Hotel as we really love staying there. A real 5 stars Hotel. The staff is welcoming, efficient and professional.
The room was large with a small living room (very helpful when you are 2 people). We had a wonderful view on the Gardens. Bathroom perfectly clean with shower and bath separate.
Great continental breakfast with good products.
The location is perfect, on High Street Kensington. You can enjoy shopping and also go for a walk in the Park.

Room Tip: Higher floor with view on the Gardens
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here for one night, it is my second stay. I love the location as it is close to Royal Albert Hall, Kensington High Street and Kensington Park. We had a garden room and it was wonderful. Great views across the park. The floors really creak on the sitting level but the room overall was large, for London, and the bathroom had a great separate shower rather than the shower over the bath.

We had Kensington tea in the room to the side, can't remember the name. The tea was ok but we won't have it next time as it wasn't that good and they didn't offer to refill the tea pot and we just didn't think it measured up. The staff were good and helpful and the front desk staff very happy and helpful. Will most certainly stay next time we are in the city.

Room Tip: we had room 746 and it was great, quiet and reasonable size.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My second short stay this year and everything was as 5* as before . The booking in/out is quick and painless and the service at all stages is first class and professional. Only had breakfast this time but the choice is exceptional and wife's complaint that her Eggs Benedict was overcooked was speedily resolved. Unlike so many hotels the there are always enough staff on hand to deal with any queries/problems.
The staff in Berties bar were very helpful and attentive and more than happy to explain drinks and cocktails to a number of foreign guests.
I don't always stay in this Hotel when I visit London because I like to explore different parts and be located centrally to those parts but for Knightsbridge I am more than happy to return. I also discovered the bus stop right outside the entrance where the no9 bus takes you along Piccadilly/Green Park into Trafalgar Square --Very useful!
As I have said in a previous rating rooms overlooking the High St are not the best insulated against noise and if you are a light sleeper I would recommend ear plugs for a good nights sleep.
Notwithstanding this I love it here--The location with shops and restaurants nearby make it a great location for a London stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms to the rear if you are a light sleeper.