“always a royal experience”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 December 2013

we have used the royal garden for quite a few years,and it just gets better and better each time,the staff are all very friendly and very helpful.the location is very good,the garden view rooms are great,we were upgraded to a wonderfull suite overlooking the park,the breakfasts are top class,we will return!

Room Tip: go for the garden view king rooms or better on the higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,592)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Early Booking highly recommended to secure excellent value at the hotel with excellent location and very friendly service. Will come back for my next visit to London. Ask for a room facing the parc to enjoy a lovely view when wake up in the morning, and be inspired by the runners.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Well this is the big one the one I have been waiting for. It is difficult to know where to start and supreme excellence is both difficult to define and explain but as for my wife and I this is the benchmark that all hotels both in the UK and the Continent should apply or fall by the wayside, we have been visitors here since 1970 and usually stay 3 to 4 times a year though sadly due to business and illness this year we have not been since January but will try to make up for that as we are booked in over the New Year period so will update this then. Over the years we have seen a lot of Managers and indeed Owners come and go but must congratulate all concerned on always maintaining that 5 star status.

Room Tip: For me you have two choices a view over the park or Kensington High Street and it's shops.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It is always great to hear from our loyal guests. I am delighted to hear your lovely comments. We always endeavour to offer a distinctive service and facilities to all our guests and I am glad to learn that you appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for the New Year at the Royal Garden Hotel.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I normally try to avoid five star hotels as often the experience does not live-up to expectations. I found The Royal Garden to be exceptional in that the service was superb, the room was faultless and the food top class.
With regard to the room my initial impression was that it was not only well appointed but also spotlessly clean. I therefore made it my mission to find fault with it - I failed as everthing was spotlessly clean and pristine.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so much about your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel and that our customer service, facilities, food and cleanliness exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great hotel location, view over the Royal Mews from our King room. Breakfast excellent - great choice. Refurbised rooms - very clean. Staff very helpful.
10 minute walk to the Royal Albert Hall. Complimentary WIFI with voucher.

Room Tip: We had a King Room, with a view over the Royal Mews. Good size. Tea & Coffee in the room. Goo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am especially happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in leafy Kensington, the customer service provided by our team and our newly refurbished rooms. I am glad that you were also able to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi as a benefit of booking direct or via preferred partner.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Best things: BREAKFAST.

There is a buffet serving for cold cuts, cereals, breads, yoghurt, fruit etc.
Guests have a choice between a traditional English or Asian hot breakfast

Rooms are small though. And size does vary slightly

The gym entrance is outside the hotel - rather strange.
Gym has basic facilities.

The Kensington Park is right next door for running enthusiasts!

Located near a tube station, but not the main ones (will need to transfer to get to the Picadilly/blue line for the main tourist spots)

There's a wholefoods, boots pharmacy near by. Walking distance to good restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast experience at Park Terrace and our convenient location, adjacent to Kensington Palace and Gardens.

I am however sorry to hear that you felt your room was not very spacious. We are proud of our recent hotel refurbishment and we believe that our rooms offer both a competitive price and size when compared with other London 5-star hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The title may be a little misleading as The Royal Garden is a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The bed rooms are first class, bathrooms great in room entertainment first class. So why the disappointment, I miss the Terrace bar, which is now part of the Terrace restaurant and if you want a drink before Berties bar opens at 5.30 you have to sit at a table in the restaurant. The bar used to be very chilling with comfortable seating good for relaxing and inviting customers for meeting. I wont let this put me off staying there but will leave the hotel if we fancy a drink during the day

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay overall and that you especially enjoyed the customer service provided by our team, your room and your bathroom.

I believe we have already been in contact via our Guest Feedback program but I am sorry to hear that you miss the old Park Terrace bar. I hope you can understand that as a hotel we try to keep our facilities and services up to date in order to meet new needs but it’s not always easy to satisfy all guests requirements.

However, even if the sofas have been swapped by chairs, Park Terrace Bar is still open for coffees or drinks all day until 22:30. Another option is Min Jiang Bar on the 10th floor, with a comfortable seating area, open from 12:00 until 15:00,

I hope you found this information useful and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,