“Very Nice”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #93 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for an Audience with Mo Farah. Room was very nice and so were the amenities, with staff very attentive. I would like to see an iron in the room though

Service was excellent but the food was the star of the show, I think I will come back with my girlfriend

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bumble1980
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Royal Garden Hotel for the ‘Audience with Mo Farah’ event. I am especially happy to learn that you enjoyed your room, the customer service provided by the team and the food during the event.

I appreciate your comments in regards to providing irons in the rooms and I have passed on your comments to our Executive Housekeeper for her to include in her investigations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Royal Garden Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited London for my son's spring break. Our party was a total of 10 people as it was my family, my brother's, and our parents. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff was extremely friendly. We had the English breakfast every day which had a very nice assortment of choices. The hostess in the morning who seated us for all but two of our breakfasts (she was off) was very nice and remembered our room numbers making us feel even more welcomed at the hotel. In the evenings, my brother and our children would go to Park Terrace for a night cap or two. The evening host, Michael was extremely friendly as was Daniel (sp?), the bartender/server. Daniel(Sp?) even remembered our drinks from the evening before. The Guest Relations Officer, I think it was Simona Riccio was extremely pleasant and sincere. One of our five rooms was not ready and when the room was ready, she brought the room keys to us. On a final note, a couple of days prior to our departure, the hotel surprised us with complimentary chocolate cake which was delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel that offers world class service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent three nights at Royal Garden. We took our teenage grandson to London as a treat. Everything at Royal Garden was perfect: room luxurious; food sublime; staff exemplary; staff excellent. We had to wait for our room because some guests leave their luggage in their rooms delaying the checking out process. Hotel provided us with delicious coffee and the hour we waited was soon gone.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank PadTha

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so much about your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am especially happy to learn that you liked your room, the food and that you enjoyed the customer service provided by the team.

I am sorry to hear that you had to wait to check-in to your room. When the hotel is busy it is sometimes a challenge to ensure that guests check-out and that we clean the rooms on time in preparation for the next guests. Hopefully your coffee in our lounge helped with the wait.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booked this afternoon tea for a catch up with one of my friends in London. I have been to various hotels across London and in other hotels and I have to say, unfortunately, this afternoon tea didn't live up to my expectations and I was disappointed.
We both chose the English Breakfast tea and it was rather weak in taste and in colour. Through my own taste I only ate roughly 3 of the offered sandwiches, which were tiny, half of a finger.
The scones were lovely and warm, yet rather doughy on the inside and again on the small side. Lastly, the cakes were ok, good selection but didn't live up to much in taste.

I must seem like I am slating the afternoon tea, but for a lovely hotel in London, it could have been better, it was more Hilton Radisson rather than The Goring.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your Afternoon Tea experience didn’t meet your expectations. I apologise for any disappointment caused.

I have passed on your feedback to our Food & Beverage Director who will following up on your comments and monitoring the food standards closely to ensure that our Afternoon Tea remains at our 5-Star of service are maintained at all times.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay at the Royal Garden with my family. Great location, beautiful comfortable rooms, lovely view, wonderful breakfast and very helpful staff. I will definitely stay at this hotel on future visits to London. The extra touches -- complimentary water every day, welcome fruit plate-- really made the stay very special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden on a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The service was great and the people very helpful at this hotel. They were attentive to our needs, and helpful with their information. The breakfast was expensive, but we were able to get it included in our room rate and we very much enjoyed the choices available. The continental breakfast was great. The room was large - for London Standards- and the location fantastic. It was about a block away from the tube station, and the bus system was easy to figure out, with a bus stop directly in front of the hotel. I would certainly return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, especially the helpfulness of our team, the size of your room and our convenient location near Kensington’s many attractions.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just stayed for two nights whilst attending a charity event. We stretched our visit to two nights to get a little time in London. I've stayed before and love this hotel, this was my husbands first stay and he declared it his favourite hotel in London - praise indeed given the amount of places we have stayed. As a runner he particularly like the fact it was on the edge of Kensington Palace Gardens for his training sessions.

We had a King room which was very spacious and just my style of furnishing - contemporary, quality soft furnishings, gorgeous white bed linen, different lighting options, comfy sofa next to a simple desk. Proper place to charge your phones etc effective blackout curtains, bath robes and a decent shower.

The staff are absolutely first rate here, all very friendly and everyone you meet acknowledges you. We had breakfast one morning in the hotel and they happily made me mushrooms on toast, which wasn't on the menu. My husband, who has to be the worlds biggest consumer of Eggs Benedict, declared it perfect. Service was excellent and they were happy to keep serving us tea and toast way after breakfast had officially finished.

i honestly can't say anything negative about this hotel, excellent in its category of 5 star London hotels, I've a feeling we'll be coming back!

The whole hotel is spacious and immaculate, a great contemporary stylish place with staff to match.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple