“Fantastic Service”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #93 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

From day one the concierge desk looked after us exceptionally well. Service here 5 star in all areas housekeeping. Reception the lot highly recommended hotel. Would stay again. Location great next to Kensington gardens and hyde park

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have never stayed at any hotel with a supposed five star rating that I thought so bad. There is one drawer (basically a file drawer in the desk and no where to unpack your clothing that is not hung. I have one standard size suitcase and there was literally no place to put it in this tiny room other than the bench seat where it still occupied the area between the window and the bed. Thinking that I might upgrade I inquired from a very inflexible Manager to find that a room with a dresser was two grades higher and would be 80pounds more plus tax. Add this to the ridiculous policy that unless you book directly with them internet is an outrageous 20 pounds per 24 hrs (plus tax) and local telephone calls are 55p each and I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Larry S
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us didn't meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Our Queen Rooms are 21 sq metres in size and are designed for the solo business traveller. The vast majority of our guests find they are perfect for short stay, I am sorry this wasn't your case. I have forwarded your comments onto our Rooms Division Manager for him to look into as we plan ahead with scheduled soft refurbishing.

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. It is through such feedback that we are able to address any areas that require attention and continue to strive to improve the quality of our service.

Best regards,

Jonathan Lowrey

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great hotel with an ideal location.
The staff is polite and efficient, well done!
Food is ok : they are obviously trying hard, and the service is very professional, except for the basket of bread in which you have to put your hand to pick up your bread, whereas the waiter is wearing gloves...(for that purpose we presumed...)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ClubGGG
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Garden King room which had unbelievable view of the park and sky line of London. Rooms were spacious and well appointed apart from the 2 or 3 steps dividing the bedroom and lounge area (which both my partner and I stumbled off a couple of times). The service was fantastic (although there was an error in the room type booked - but that could have been Bookings.com's error?). The concierge was helpful in arranging our taxi to the airport early in the morning. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel for the last few days of our vacation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miki K
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Old carpet and wood furniture that doesnt match with the nice floor lenght glass windows looking for the kendignton garden!
Also nice restaurant chinese on top floor!
I would stay there again sometoime.
Its a value choice for london abd well located

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MVFV
Reviewed 8 May 2014

When I rate hotels or restaurants, I had to admit that it is always somewhat price/quality related rating. It wwa snot easy t decide weather to give 5 or 4 for this hotel

Plus:

- When you stay in five star hotel you expect to have excellent service and that was definitely the case. Service was on the high end what I have ever received. Special thanks for that.
- I had a room from that had nice view towards Kensington High Street and room itself was large and really comfortable.

Minus:

- There could have been more storage base and I really missed the possibility to iron in the room.
- Breakfast was good but I was expecting a bit more. In my opinion scrambled eggs are good way to measure the quality of the kitchen and I'm a 100% snobb when it comes to my breakfast.. Though I ordered my English Breakfast and it was not buffet, scrambled eggs felt like thy have either been overcooked or spent their time in bain-marie longer they should have. Bacon however was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After finding out at the last minute, that I would be able to see my daughter for her 18th birthday, I called the Royal Garden Hotel. The Park Terrace restaurant telephone line, where the afternoon tea is served was busy, so the hotel arranged a call back. After 5 minutes, I was called by Edyta Malz, who was very pleasant and helpful. She said that she would arrange for a candle and also a Happy Birthday sign to come out with the cakes and also try and get us a window table over looking the park, but could not promise anything. All details were then emailed to me for confirmation.

On arriving at this beautiful hotel yesterday, we were greeted immediately and seated on our window table overlooking Hyde Park. Edyta also greeted us as if she already knew us, which was lovely and made my daughter feel special.

The service was fantastic, from smelling the samples of tea and listening to the explanation from the tea sommelier, to the finger sandwiches. To be honest, we thought that we would still be a little hungry after we left (as we had read reviews about small servings for afternoon tea), but when we saw the selection of cakes and delicious scones, our tastebuds and tummies were definitely full.

Even my 10 year old son enjoyed the experience, as he doesn't drink tea, they brought him a lemonade and his own plate of sandwiches and he shared our array of cakes and scones.

The price for The Kensington Tea is £26 per person and for The Royal Tea £36 per person, which has the addition of strawberries with a balsamic drizzle and a glass of champagne. Compared to other hotels offering afternoon tea, I would say the the price is very reasonable and I cannot see how we would have had better service etc paying £57 per head at The Ritz.

Thank you to Edyta and the team in the Park Terrace restaurant, for a memorable afternoon. We would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: They advised us not to order my 10 year old son a separate afternoon tea and brought him his own pla...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family