Royal Garden Hotel
US$213
US$198
galahotels.com
3,720 results
All reviewskensington palacepark terracekensington high streetmin jiangbertie's bargarden roomoverlooking kensington gardenshyde parkgreat hotelqueen roomalbert hallroom servicestar hotelexcellent locationafternoon teatop floortube station
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have stayed in this hotel before a long time ago, before the renovations were made, and was not disappointed. I remember the downstairs cafe being a bit cosier, but it was fine. The room was a bit odd, in that there were a couple of steps in the room leading up to the desk, electricity outlets, chair and window, which was a bit awkward, especially for my grandmother who was traveling with me. Other than that the room was comfy, the staff were wonderfully helpful and courteous and the view was divine, especially given the bright and warm weather while we were there. I strongly recommend a garden view and this hotel. The hotel to me feels like a classic, somewhere where you know what you are going to get. Great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheba_Adams
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just returned home from spending a lovely week-end at this super hotel. The main reason for our visit to London was to attend a concert at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday evening and this hotel was so convenient with underground car parking (a bit 'hairy' driving down the slope) . Our room 230, facing Kensington High Street was modern and very clean and tidy. The bathroom was delightful with oodles of hot water in the fantastic shower. Found the traffic and party goers a little noisy on Saturday evening but it didn't bother us unduly. Staff were very friendly and helpful without being overbearing. The food was delicious. So - all in all I cannot find fault anywhere. We will definitely be back. Incidentally the concert was fantastic too !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angel18Dorset
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

From day one the concierge desk looked after us exceptionally well. Service here 5 star in all areas housekeeping. Reception the lot highly recommended hotel. Would stay again. Location great next to Kensington gardens and hyde park

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have never stayed at any hotel with a supposed five star rating that I thought so bad. There is one drawer (basically a file drawer in the desk and no where to unpack your clothing that is not hung. I have one standard size suitcase and there was literally no place to put it in this tiny room other than the bench seat where it still occupied the area between the window and the bed. Thinking that I might upgrade I inquired from a very inflexible Manager to find that a room with a dresser was two grades higher and would be 80pounds more plus tax. Add this to the ridiculous policy that unless you book directly with them internet is an outrageous 20 pounds per 24 hrs (plus tax) and local telephone calls are 55p each and I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Larry S
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us didn't meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Our Queen Rooms are 21 sq metres in size and are designed for the solo business traveller. The vast majority of our guests find they are perfect for short stay, I am sorry this wasn't your case. I have forwarded your comments onto our Rooms Division Manager for him to look into as we plan ahead with scheduled soft refurbishing.

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. It is through such feedback that we are able to address any areas that require attention and continue to strive to improve the quality of our service.

Best regards,

Jonathan Lowrey

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great hotel with an ideal location.
The staff is polite and efficient, well done!
Food is ok : they are obviously trying hard, and the service is very professional, except for the basket of bread in which you have to put your hand to pick up your bread, whereas the waiter is wearing gloves...(for that purpose we presumed...)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business