“one amongst my best stays in London”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #91 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel this month for five nights. It is a very impressive building, very quiet and classy hall at the entrance, staff very friendly and helpful. My expectations about the room were confirmed: very very clean and spacious, no noise from the street even if it faced High Street Kensington, conveniently located a short walk from the tube station. Also enjoyed 24h free wi-fi... You pay the right price for the right stay!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank vgenghi

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Always stay here now when going to Royal Albert Hall, perfect for concerts there and shopping in locale. A visit to Min Jiang is a must! What a perfectly beautiful Master suite overlooking the beautiful park and on a very sunny couple of days! Housekeeping is very efficient here and standards are high. Staff and friendly and welcoming! Please keep doing what you do so well! Highly recommended! Also perfect if you have to drive as good car park below hotel and brilliant Valet parking if you wish!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MortyJen
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here in March. We had a fantastic room overlooking Kensington Gardens which was well equipped with mod cons and a huge bathroom (with separate shower and bath). The room was very clean.During our stay we had a fabulous meal at Min Jiang (Chinese restaurant on the top floor) and had breakfast both mornings. The cooked breakfast was good, although not a l carte on the weekend which was a shame as that feels more 5*. Nonetheless on weekdays they serve cooked breakfast a la carte. We went to use the sauna in the fitness centre but the saunas are in the changing rooms so single sex - and not so nice to sit in sauna alone. Would be great for the hotel to have a proper spa.

Overall the staff was extremely professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a park view and don't go for the smallest category.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueSilvers
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have stayed in this hotel before a long time ago, before the renovations were made, and was not disappointed. I remember the downstairs cafe being a bit cosier, but it was fine. The room was a bit odd, in that there were a couple of steps in the room leading up to the desk, electricity outlets, chair and window, which was a bit awkward, especially for my grandmother who was traveling with me. Other than that the room was comfy, the staff were wonderfully helpful and courteous and the view was divine, especially given the bright and warm weather while we were there. I strongly recommend a garden view and this hotel. The hotel to me feels like a classic, somewhere where you know what you are going to get. Great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheba_Adams
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just returned home from spending a lovely week-end at this super hotel. The main reason for our visit to London was to attend a concert at the Royal Albert Hall on Saturday evening and this hotel was so convenient with underground car parking (a bit 'hairy' driving down the slope) . Our room 230, facing Kensington High Street was modern and very clean and tidy. The bathroom was delightful with oodles of hot water in the fantastic shower. Found the traffic and party goers a little noisy on Saturday evening but it didn't bother us unduly. Staff were very friendly and helpful without being overbearing. The food was delicious. So - all in all I cannot find fault anywhere. We will definitely be back. Incidentally the concert was fantastic too !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angel18Dorset
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

From day one the concierge desk looked after us exceptionally well. Service here 5 star in all areas housekeeping. Reception the lot highly recommended hotel. Would stay again. Location great next to Kensington gardens and hyde park

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have never stayed at any hotel with a supposed five star rating that I thought so bad. There is one drawer (basically a file drawer in the desk and no where to unpack your clothing that is not hung. I have one standard size suitcase and there was literally no place to put it in this tiny room other than the bench seat where it still occupied the area between the window and the bed. Thinking that I might upgrade I inquired from a very inflexible Manager to find that a room with a dresser was two grades higher and would be 80pounds more plus tax. Add this to the ridiculous policy that unless you book directly with them internet is an outrageous 20 pounds per 24 hrs (plus tax) and local telephone calls are 55p each and I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Larry S
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us didn't meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused.

Our Queen Rooms are 21 sq metres in size and are designed for the solo business traveller. The vast majority of our guests find they are perfect for short stay, I am sorry this wasn't your case. I have forwarded your comments onto our Rooms Division Manager for him to look into as we plan ahead with scheduled soft refurbishing.

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. It is through such feedback that we are able to address any areas that require attention and continue to strive to improve the quality of our service.

Best regards,