“FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 1,087 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Royal Garden Hotel after a theatre visit I stayed in a Garden Room the room was very plush with a larger than average king size bed and a well stocked mini bar where there was certain items you could have as part of the room charge (which I might add was very reasonable) When the t.v was turned on there was a personal named welcome to the hotel which I thought was a very nice detail. All n all I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in London you will not regret it!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Garden Rooms they are more expensive but you definitely get what you pay for t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights this week at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington. This was as part of an amazing trip we won through a Visit London competition. Couldn't believe our luck when we won, as it also included full breakfast, champagne on arrival, garden (Kensington Palace and Hyde Park) view room on the 9th floor, wifi etc. In addition got one dinner and a Thames lunch cruise as part of the prize too. As frequent London visitors this was manna from heaven for us. Thanks to Debra at the hotel for organising the details.
From the beginning we were made to feel very welcome and valued. Reception dealt with everything very efficiently and showed us to our room (Marlies and Aliin), Concierge (Luton) dealt with our tourist queries very well, the bellboys were very helpful and friendly. The room was great, a high floor view onto the royal park and all over London in fact. Marlies explained all the room's features extensively to us.
The champagne was well chilled and very tasty too. Enjoying it from the slightly elevated sitting part of the room where the sofa was seemed very decadent indeed.
The breakfast was excellent, with great service from Nikoletta and colleagues. The continental buffet was a high quality one including very fresh fruits and great fresh pastries. The made to order hot dishes were also fabulous with high quality ingredients.
We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London, this was one of our best experiences in the city.

Room Tip: Book a high floor garden view room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeenaSK
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Royal Garden Hotel on July 20th with my family and I cannot say enough positive comments about my experience. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel most welcome and the overall service of all the staff we encountered could not have been of a higher standard.

I stayed in a King Bedded Executive Room - Room 734 with a connecting twin bedroom which was ideal for my family including my 2 teenage children. The room was most comfortable and of a very generous size and certainly passed all of our expectations including a heated bathroom floor and a heated towel rack.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for families as well as for business travellers because of its central location in London and the overall ambience of the hotel and the excellent service I received throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Room 734 and the connecting room next door is ideal for families.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel, especially the customer service provided by our team, your room and the convenient location of the hotel, here in leafy Kensington.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We recently used The Royal Garden Hotel for 11 days of Management meetings in the Balmoral and Westminster Suites. The staff at this hotel are all very well trained with great service levels where nothing is too much trouble. The meetings all went very smoothly and the event team were very organised and helpful. Our varied Buffet lunches were all tasty and some special gluten free and dairy free dietary requirements were catered for with no problems. Our AV and sound requirements were well looked after with a staff member even arriving at 7am to check all was working ready for the meeting. We all stayed in either the Queen rooms or Garden rooms and everyone was happy with these modern comfortable rooms. Those that stayed in The Garden rooms with the raised seating area were very impressed with the amazing panoramic views over Kensington Gardens and said it must be the best views in London. I can vouch that it certainly has the wow factor.
The Managers dined in the Min Jiang restaurant on the 10th floor on 4 evenings and they all said the food and service was excellent. The Beijing duck which needs to be pre-ordered is highly recommended. They would have been happy to eat there every night.
The hotel is in a good location with easy parking next door, not far from all transport links and High Street Kensington tube station only 4 minutes walk away.
Lots of well known shops within easy walking distance.
I would highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor Garden view room or one of the fabulous suites for the views over Kensington Gar...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that your management meetings were a great success and that you especially enjoyed the customer service provided by the team, the quality of the cuisine and our convenient location, here in leafy Kensington.

I am also glad to learn that some of your colleagues found the view from their Garden Rooms to be the best view in London and that the Managers enjoyed their dinner experiences at Min Jiang.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very clean, nice hotel in the Kensington area. There are great restaurants and bars in the hotel, and walking distance to lots of shopping and nice pubs. Rooms are nice size, beds are comfortable. Very nice bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so much about your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel, especially the hotel’s outlets, your room and the convenient location of the hotel, surrounded by Kensington’s many attractions.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ko Samui, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were seduced into trying the Royal Garden as some Singaporean friends regularly use it when visiting London. It was booked through a hotel booking web site at a special pre-paid rate, but was still over GBP1,300 for four nights in a Standard Room Garden Area (pleasant view over Kensington Gardens). I felt the rather cramped room was somewhat overpriced at this rate.

The room was very standard five-star layout and decor. Nothing that made it stand out from the crowd. And while I hardly used the hotel facilities or restaurants, and interacted little with the staff other than check in/out, no lasting impression was made. It all seemed...just okay.

The Min Jiang restaurant has a justifiably fine reputation, however, and I have eaten very well there in the past.

What REALLY irritated me, however, was the egregious charge of GBP20 a night for in-room wifi. It made me feel like they were taking the piss out of me. That's GBP600 a month! My monthly personal, in-home, non-business rate wifi contract is less than their daily charge. Even budget hotels around the world are now including wi-fi at no extra cost. It's expected, just like air to breathe.

When will these five-star hotel managers realize just how much being gouged like this makes their customers really angry? It's the same as the excessive charges 20 years ago for making phone calls....that all went away with the advent of mobile phones. So they dreamt up another way to rip off their customers and make them incredibly mad?

I shall never stay again as long as the Royal Garden maintains this obnoxious wifi charging policy

Room Tip: Overlooking Kensington Gardens is good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank venividivice
Jonathan L, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us didn’t meet your expectations.

I am also concerned to learn that you found the hotel to be expensive, we are proud of our recent hotel refurbishment which we believe offers an enhanced service whilst maintaining competitive prices en par with other London 5 star hotels; but please accept my apologies if you felt this to be otherwise.

I would also like to let you know that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi to all guests who book directly with the hotel (telephone, email and website) or with preferred agents; but as a general rule it is not included when booking through an online travel agent. Apologies for any disappointment caused or if this was not clear when you made your booking. I would also like to let you know that we are currently reviewing our internet policy and that your comments will be included as part of the conversation.

I am glad you enjoyed your experience at Min Jiang and the views from your room overlooking Kensington Gardens.

Kind regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Been staying at this property for three decades now and all I can say the location remains wow and the breathtaking views remain the same yet unfortunately while the rooms are refurbished and there is some improvement the service levels and overall standards have dropped drastically.

All in All I don't recommend this property at the prices it is definitely not a value add though the location is pristine...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Syedarehman
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at the Royal Garden Hotel didn’t meet your expectations. I am concerned to hear your comments in regards to the standards of service received during your stay with us. I would really appreciate if you could make contact with me by emailing feedback@royalgardenhotel.co.uk with some more details so I can fully understand your concerns and address the areas that require attention. Please accept my apologies if you feel that any member of the team didn’t offer the service that you have become familiar with over the years.

Kind regards,