“DONT GO! SHOCKING EXPERIENCE WITH STAFF AT BREAKFAST”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #529 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Do not stay here if you expect good customer service. I dont think the staff at breakfast had ever worked within the industry before. During my nightmare of an experience i dealt with two managers\supervisors who would have been sacked if they worked elsewhere. A breakfast which took 25 minutes to arrive, a bill thrown on my table whilst complaining about the breakfast which hadn't arrived, tables and chairs either side of me dismantled and stacked (i was sarcastically reassured i wouldn't be moved). As a woman on my own, I felt like an easy target, someone who was invisible or didn't matter. They were in a hurry to get ready for a lunchtime event, but there was still an hour of breakfast service! Perhaps they should look after customers they have as future customers may never appear!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank l g
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear l g

Thank you for your review.

I was very concerned when I read your feedback and I apologise sincerely for any inconvenience and distress you experienced.

I passed your comments to the management and I assure you that this was an isolated incident and does not reflect the high standards of service we strive to provide.

We have launched an internal investigation as we are very keen to find out what happened so we can address it accordingly. I appreciate if you kindly send us more details to danila.junglee@millenniumhotels.co.uk as to help us with the investigation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Loved this hotel, really reasonable as booked with secret escapes, great location & tube is just round the corner, , really nice room & friendly staff, nice door men who are all so polite, excellent variety for breakfast for all visitors as many were pilots & cabin crew, definitely book again

• Stayed: March 2013
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear tracybtg,

Thank you very much for your very positive review!

We are really pleased to know that you were happy with our services and standards, especially location, the team and the breakfast.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in Feb. Found the hotel on Travelzoo. I had spent a long time trawling through looking for a hotel in London with a gym & in an area with many attractions & this was perfect! The receptionist was lovely & we were upgraded to a club room, which was very nice, although the pic on the TV was a bit green (we didn't mention it though, although I'm sure they would have changed it.) I had a need to sew a button on to my coat, which had decided to ping off when I got there & they sent someone to our room straight away with a sewing kit! They gave us a map of London to help us in our miles of walking too! The breakfast was plentiful & tasty, if a little lukewarm. I would definitely return. Perfectly postitioned. Live entertainment on Wed evening & right next to Gloucester Road tube.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear RachelOS,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted to know that we met all your expectations and needs regarding your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I have shared your feedback with the team for a bit of cheering up and motivation and everybody was very pleased. Thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over 10 years. Other reviewers have outlined the positives of this hotel. Friendly staff, location, homely feel, good facilities. I always stay at Club level to take advantage of the club lounge which is great for relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine and nibbles of an evening. My thanks to Danila who always ensures a warm welcome for me and my wife and a great room. This is much appreciated. You have my business for the future. I love my weekends in London and the Millenium Gloucester ensures I do.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Corneliusfudge,

Thank you very much for your review about your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

It is a pleasure to assist and I thank you for your kind comments and for returning to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed here for a visit to the Royal Albert Hall. The hotel is 2 minutes from the underground but noise was not a problem. This is a lovely hotel. We had a Club Room upgrade and so had access to the Club Room. The hotel is well appointed and scrupulously clean.

Our room was a good size for central London and the bed was comfortable.

The only slight disappointment was the buffet breakfast. This was lukewarm and not as varied or plentiful as most Premier Inns that we have stayed at. There was not a great choice.

All staff were extremely polite and made a point of saying hello as they passed.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Spaldingtyner,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I am glad that you were satisfied with the room standards, the staff and the location. I shared your comments about the breakfast with our Head Chef and we will be looking into it. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

My Husband and i stayed here on the 14th March 2013, we booked with Secret Escapes. We booked a deluxe double what we got was two single beds made up as two single beds and then pushed together? thats a new one on me, did they think we wouldnt notice? The room was really hot, the a/c was,nt working and the window wouldnt open, breakfast was good. i wouldnt stay again and have come to the conclusion that if you get good deals with some of the companies offering cheap deals you get the worst rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Danila J, Executive Office Assistance on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear anonyHampshire,

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to know that we failed to meet your expectations on that occasion. I have passed your feedback to the relevant departments and the management for action.

I apologise sincerely for the shortfall in service and any inconvenience caused. I assure you that your experience does not reflect the high standards of service we aim to provide to our guests.

We hope that you consider staying with us in the future despite your feedback indicating otherwise. If so, please feel free to contact me on danila.junglee@millenniumhotels.co.uk if I can be of any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 March 2013

hotel outstanding but breakfast poor cold and not replenished spoilt an enjoyable stay staff most obliging and friendly no problem good access to tube station and good restuarants rooms clean and tidy

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phill S
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Phill S,

Thank you for your review!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and that you found the hotel in general oustanding.

I apologise if breakfast did not live up to your expectations and I passed your comments to the Head Chef and the breakfast manager for discussion and action.

Kind regards,