“Charming & efficient staff, perfect location, great value”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #548 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Spent one Saturday night at this hotel recently with three friends.
Our rooms had been generously been upgraded to "Club", these were large, clean and comfortable
Breakfast was great, loads of choice, and well cooked and presented.
The location of hotel, just round the corner from the tube station was fantastic.

All good, but the best thing about this hotel was the staff...friendly, charming and efficient
They are an asset to the company

Minor niggles with the room...they need to upgrade the windows, tile missing in bathroom, lighting in room either full on or too dark, a bit "beige", but none of these spoiled our enjoyment whatsoever!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear 4Marys50

Thank you very much for this review.

I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and were especially pleased with the team. Your kind words about the service are very appreciated and have been shared. Thank you.

I apologise for the maintenance issues you experienced and I thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Chris van Dam

Write a ReviewReviews (4,781)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stay in this hotel for 3 nights a week every week and have done for the past year. The staff are the most friendly and helpful of any hotel I have stayed in and the Guest Relations team cannot do enough for you. If it’s just emailing you your forgotten invoice for your stay, arranging a booking or helping out with cashing in loyalty points for free nights stay. They are great.

The rooms are fantastic – I used to have a Club room on the 7th floor. Very pushily decorated! But as I sometimes work from the hotel room I now ask for a club room on the 5th floor. These are a fitted out for the business guest with an excellent work desk and large fully adjustable leather office char. Lots of power sockets and great lighting.
Internet connection in all rooms is either WiFi or wired Ethernet – I tend to use the wired connection at the desk in the room and I have had some fantastic transfer speeds of around 65Mb/s symmetrical!
Powerful shower, nice hot water and clean marble bathrooms. Top quality widescreen TV, (with SKY sports) fridge and huge bed that you could sleep sideways in :-)

The Club lounge is my favorite part of the hotel – The main bar is lovely, but the lounge is a bit more personal and you can have the option to just nibble the buffet and drink the wine while reading the papers or listening to the news. But it’s also quiet enough to work there if you fancy a glass and nibble while working. Breakfast is also served there in addition to the main breakfast room and there is everything anyone could want to choose from. If it’s not, just ask and they will get it for you if available.

There is also a gym with bike’s, rowers, X-trainers, steps, running machines & weights if you feel energetic!

The Concierge are very helpful can sort out all sorts for you. Normally I just ask them to arrange a car if I need lifts anywhere, but once Dave managed to get me a dentist to turn up within about 30mins when I had chronic toothache. A few injections and a course of tablets and I was as good as new.
Just one final point on why I originally choose this hotel – It was on the west of London for when I had to drive home on a Friday (to Cardiff), It had its own car park and was 30 meters from a tube station. (I work in the East End) So it was convenience and connections.

But since staying here I have found that within probably no more that 400 meters, there is Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tesco, KFC, Burger King, Nandos, Garfunkel’s, a lovely Steak house, a sort of Italian Grill type place in WilldWood. 2 great pubs (3 if you include the one in the Holiday Inn – but that’s a bit plastic!) and Probably one of the best Indian restraints in London in the Bombay Brasserie. Over on the Cromwell Rd there are Tai, more Italian and Indian paces. Plus there are the restaurants associated with this hotel & the sister hotel next door Millennium Bailey’s.
Finally I’m a member of a David Lloyd Gym back home and I can use the Kensington branch that no more than 200 meters away as part of my home membership with all the facilities of pool, sauna & steam rooms.

No wonder I have no problem spending 4 days / 3 nights here every week. :-)

Jon.

Room Tip: Business go for 5th Floor - Pleasure go for 7th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jon W

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic and very detailed review about your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

Your positive comments especially about the service provided are very appreciated and have been passed along to all departmental teams. Thank you.

Thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is the second time my wife and I have had the pleasure staying at Millennium Gloucester. Since our last visit a new General Manager has taken over the helm. Millenniums strengths are consistency and reliability I am pleased to say Chris Van Dam has continued the traditions of standard and quality we received on our last visit. The hotel was extremely busy on the weekend 17th Jan but the staff especially the door men and concierge always had a smile and a quip whenever I spoke to them Chris is one that springs to mind. As it was so busy with delegates and conferences I did not get to use Humphreys bar and speak with many of the staff but the level of service was never compromised. A big shout out to Melanie Hauff Senior Guest Relations Officer whose pride and dedication in ensuring all guests are content should be a template for all on front line duties, a credit to the hotel.Sanna a trainee on reception is obviously taking tips and learning from Melanie always smiling and happy to help... I am a loyalty member and as we were in London to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary we were fortunate to be upgraded to room 719 Club room. It was spacious and full of natural light with chocolates and mineral water awaiting us, a very nice touch.
As the hotel was full to capacity there were notices stating that breakfast may be busy on Sunday?
All credit to the catering department as this was not the case. Obviously contingency plans were in place Humphreys’ Bar was being utilised and extra tables were in the dining area. At times they were a little too close for comfort .Overall the standard and quality of breakfast was never compromised plaudits to all concerned.

Room Tip: Celebrating an occasion let the hotel be aware of it
1  Thank postypaulh

Dear postypaulh

Thank you so much for the glowing review.

I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your second stay with us. Your very positive comments about the standards and the service provided are very appreciated and have been shared with the team, especially Melanie, Sanna and Concierge Chris. Thank you.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights for my Birthday, and from arrival until checkout the service was fantastic, all the staff are more than helpful and made us feel very welcome, we stayed in the Regency Suite which was amazing , everything was perfect. The Club Lounge facilities are excellent, and so relaxing. Breakfast was lovely with a wide variety of cereals, cooked food, fruit and pastries, and in the afternoon when it was raining and we didn't want to venture out Humphrey's bar (located on the ground floor of the hotel) was a perfect place to just sit and relax with nice music, a nice drink and a great atmosphere ...We would highly recommend staying at this hotel, we will definitely be staying again, and I would just like to say a special thank you to Nidhi Kumar (Reception Manager) who organised our stay and who is a credit to the Millennium Gloucester :))

Room Tip: I think all the rooms will be of a high standard , but the Regency Suite was amazingggg :)
1  Thank swol1

Dear swol1

Thank you so much for this great review.

I am so pleased to learn that we met your expectations on all aspects of yoru stay. Your comments about the standards and the service provided, especially by Nidhi are very appreciated and have been passed to the team. Thank you.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Love this place for everything, I don't consider staying anywhere else and will be going again for my birthday next weekend on 31st Jan. Nice area, good location, food rooms etc all good, pleasant staff. Also nice pub around the corner for ales and sports. You will never be disappointed here, great value. Would give 5 stars if had pool/spa.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dwayne73

Dear dwayne73

Thank you so much for the great review about your stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

Your very positive comments are very appreciated and have been passed along.

Wishing you a belated happy birthday and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We would not normally go to an upmarket hotel such as this, but as it was a special birthday for my wife, and Travelzoo had an offer of a room with breakfast included for £99 a night we decided to splash out. It turned out to be an even better bargain, as because they had no standard double rooms available, they offered us a free upgrade to a club room!

The location is superb, being just round the corner from Gloucester Road tube, and with several pubs and eateries on the doorstep, and the museums and Albert Hall within easy walking distance. It reminded my wife of the Roosevelt in Manhattan, where we were once forced to stay overnight when British Airways cancelled our flight back to Manchester, genteel and opulent. Friendly and helpful staff on reception, and a uniformed concierge who opened the door for you.

The room was comfortable and spacious, with many channels on the TV including Sky Sports - although there was a charge if you wanted to use the Internet, which didn't worry us as we had come to see the sights not browse the web.

We did have a problem with a loud ticking noise coming from the air conditioning duct, and reported this to reception. Somebody was round within 5 minutes to look at it. He identified the problem as the extractor fan in the bathroom rather than the air conditioning, but as it was Sunday and a new part would be required, he couldn't fix it. However we noticed that he had disabled the fan, and we had no further problems.

A special word of praise for the breakfast. It really is excellent, with a wide variety of continental food as well as an excellent full English breakfast available. There are also free newspapers available in reception.

Dear nedsram

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the breakfast, location, room standards, service and location. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel the foyer is kinda disguised on the side of the hotel but when you see the Lamborghinis and Bentley parked up you know it's going to be a good stay. Loved the club lounge and facilities. The location was perfect for our stay near to the Royal Albert hall. Will definitely come back thank you

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Sarah L

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the Club lounge standards and the location.