“fantastic from start to finish”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #517 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Northern Ireland
“fantastic from start to finish”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic two night stay here and just returned home tonight. First the negatives - there are none! As for the positives, first location. Lovely area and right beside Gloucester Road tube station (piccadilly, circle and district lines) so commuting throughout London could not be easier. The Welcome at check in was warm and personal. The hotel recognised our wedding anniversary with chilled champers, strawberries and quality patisseries in the room - very thoughtful and generous. Room (509) was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast choice was good. We stayed in a club room so had access to the club lounge which we used for breakfast on day one and main restaurant for day two - both were great.

My overall impression was of a hotel that cares and is keen to please and values the custom. Loved if and great restaurants in easy walking distance. Great job and look forward to return visits.

Room Tip: Club rooms worth the extra. More space and access to club lounge.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear JoMark

Thank you very much for the warm and kind review.

I am glad that the location, service and standards were to your liking and that you enjoyed your stay at the Millennium Gloucester.

I have shared your feedback with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chris van Dam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We took this hotel as a package with a flight + Hotel for 5 night during the new year eve week!
First think first, Location is great! if you want to save some bucks and don't mind to start your morning with a ride in the Tube! it's 3 minues walk from Gloucester Road Tube station (Blue, Yellow & Green lines). Moreover, Startbucks is just outside of the station for a great refreshment any time of your day.

The entrance for the hotel is impressive & lobby was decorated nicely with Christmas theme and a great decorated theme!!!
The process of check-in took a bit a while but went through all good.
The room we got was relatively small and we did acknowledge that after two days when we saw a maid inside our next room when door was wide open -> it was a regular side room which all rooms should be like that! and if not, the reception should our the guests about that - it be appreciated by the guests if it cannot be replaced.

We didn't have room to open our luggage.
Bathroom was great and shower was a bit high to step up/down but had a good hot water.

Another last incident was that one day (probably because the time of the year), our room didn't got clean so we call the reception to ask when we got back at the evening. the maid came to change everything which was good but didn't felt o.k after a long day traveling around the city.
Very disappointed especially when the reception didn't sorry for the situation and blame us that we put the sign of D.N.D (which we didn't!) - nice attitude :(

Oh another thing, charging of WiFi for 5$ for an hour (and it's just available at the lobby) shame! it's 2014 and it should be free! (at the lobby if i'ts too hard to put it available for the rooms)

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't in a corner! it's more than half small than the regular room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelOGlazer
Dear Or G

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am sorry to learn that the room size, housekeeping service and Internet standard charges fell short of your expectactions. Please accept the shortfall in service and any inconvenience caused.

I am glad that the lobby decor and the location were more to your liking.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel was very easy to get to via the Tube from Heathrow. My son and I arrived at the hotel at 7 am, naturally our rooms were not ready but the hotel staff made us feel at home. They stored our bags and sent us up to the Club room for a lovely breakfast. We paid for a Club room, it was large (by European standards) and had free breakfast, Wi-Fi, and a nice cocktail hour in the evening. We did tire of the breakfast in the Club room after two days so we went to the buffet breakfast on the main floor which was also included in our Club price.
Wi-Fi access was sketchy at times but everything else was wonderful.
It is an easy walk to Hyde park and Harrods from this location.
We felt safe at all times.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank soccerortennis
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear soccerortennis

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were satisfied with our standards and service, as well as the Club Lounge. Plus the convenient location for the Underground and in an fashionable and pleasant area.

shropshire
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have now stayed at the Millenium Gloucester several times and have never been disappointed. We generally stop in a club room with an extra bed for our grandaughter.

The rooms are large with plenty of space for 3 beds, the bathroom is modern with a good selection of toiletries.

The clubroom is excellent with coffee, biscuits and juice throughout the day and canapes and drinks in the evening. The clubroom price also includes the excellent buffet breakfast.

Overall the service is excellent with the staff treating our 3 year old grandaughter with respect which is not always the case in large hotels.

We have already booked our next stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear reded46

Thank you for your fantastic review.

I am very pleased to read your comments about your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

Your very kind feedback is very appreciated and have been passed along to the team. Thank you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I can assist with anything, please feel free to contact me at Chris.vanDam@millenniumhotels.com .

Trowbridge
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed 1 night and had a very pleasant stay.
Initially hard to find when trying to battle the London traffic which we're not used to. Took a few U turns but found it eventually. Had to 'shoehorn' the car into the minescule underground carpark - definate two man job (to me, to you) squeezing car into the last remaining, very tight space. Then had to pay £37 for 24 hr parking. However we understand the hotel do not own the carpark.
After the stresses with the car, we found the hotel to be very pleasant indeed. We found the reception staff to be very courteous, and we were given a free upgrade to a room on 5th floor. The room had a view of a huge brick building (i.e no view), but weren't there for the views so that wasnt a problem. It was actually very quiet, with no road noise whatsoever. The room had everything we needed, though perhaps not enough tea/coffee. More coffee was delivered to the room when we requested it. Room was spotless, bed very comfortable, and we slept very well. Next day the breakfast was possibly the best part of the stay. Food was varied and plentiful, and service was faultless.
Highly recommend this hotel, and we will be visiting again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lucky946

Thank you for your review and for recommending us.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable night sleep and that the room met your needs. Your very positive comments about the breakfast and the service are very appreciated and have been shared with the team.

South West UK
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently had the opportunity to visit the millennium

and the assistance I received from the receptionist on the desk was both unhelpful and wrong.

I parked my car in the carpark and went to the desk to confirm its position in the car park was OK, (several spaces are for private use) and asked if I could pay for the car park on the desk, she said no and pointed to a notice on the desk and told me to ring the number on the notice. I tried and got cut off so turned to reception and there happened to be another receptionist nearer me who said she could do it for me at reception. Which was very different from the attitude I received from the first receptionist.
The earlier receptionist who overheard the discussion then said she would carry out the transaction! having said earlier that she wouldn't. She then proceeded to request payment for the wrong amount (more of course) until I pointed out that having just read the notice she was asking for too much money for the time I required. She back-tracked and I paid the correct money. hmm!

Concierge however are very good and helpful, you cant fault them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear mitzi_8

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to know that you encountered issues when trying to pay for your car park at reception. Indeed all transactions should be paid by the telephone number provided as the payment is more efficiently processed this manner. On occasions when one experiences issues trying to pay by phone, we are happy to assist with the payment.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. This will surely be followed up with the department. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

On a positive note, I am happy that the concierge service was on par with the high standards we strive to provide.

I hope this will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Stavanger
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights on March 14. Impressive foyer was our first impression.We were upgraded to a Club room on the 5th floor free of charge upon arrival. The room was very spacious and clean but at the same time in need of some minor renovations. The staff were very service minded and the breakfast was great.
The location of the hotel is just 3minutes from the Gloucester Road Underground and a few good eateries and Pubs in the vicinity.We would absolutely recommend this hotel for a weekend getaway and would gladly stay here again. Great value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear SFA000

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending us.

Your positive feedback about the foyer, room cleanliness and space, as well as the service, breakfast and location is very appreciated and have been passed along.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.