Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
  • Pool
US$168
US$160
5,125 results
All reviewsclub roomtube stationpiccadilly linescience museumtesco expressheathrow airportexcellent locationinternet accesswest endconciergekensingtonwaitroseconferencepubsfoyer
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I normally stay at the Millennium Baileys hotel round the corner, which is part of the same hotel group.

This was my first stay here.

It's ok and is well positioned with nice rooms etc etc.

However, it was just too warm. I had to leave the noisy air conditioning all night and still found the room to be too warm.

Getting out of the hotel in the morning gave me a feeling of utter relief, as the place was too stuffy.

I slept really badly because of this and wouldn't go back unless I had no choice.

My advice - Stay at the Millennium Bailey round the corner. It's got a far more friendly/smaller feel t it and costs about the same - part of the same hotel group.......

Room Tip: Just use the Millennium Bailey round the corner
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear cirianon

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as we both wished due to the temperature comfort in the room. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I assure you that this is not our normal standard and our team would be happy to assist with a room move subject to availability or to investigate potential faults in he air comforting unit in the room.

Despite you indicating your preference for our sister property, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at the Millennium Gloucester in January while working at a recruiting fair. The rooms are small by world standards, but nice sized for London. My was very clean and in good repair and the bed was heavenly. Nice linens and just the right firmness. I was working like crazy so it was great to know I could count on a great night sleep. The only negative comment during my stay was the wifi was slow, but that may have been a result of so many people at the job fair trying to use it at the same time. I would guess it is typically more reliable. The best part of the hotel is it located right in the heart of Kensington close to Notting Hill. There are countless eating and drinking options within walking distance of the hotel. So good that I never even used the tube during my stay. I recommend the hotel to anyone that wants a good reliable place to stay while in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Evanhunt1974

Thank you for the kind comments about your recent stay at the Millenium Gloucester Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our overall standards, particularly the bed and mattress quality, as well as the fashionable and conveniene location. I have noted your feedback about the WiFi and I hope it did not incovenienced you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here in March for 1 week, with exceptional service at the front desk, and at breakfast in the morning. Stayed here many times, service has improved. Wake up call was politely provided at check-in as well as a free daily newspaper delivered to the room. When one wake up call was missed, there was someone at the door within 5 mins to make sure I was alright, which was a very nice touch.
Being recognized by staff in breakfast restaurant was a nice experience!

Each morning after returning form breakfast, room was clean and prepared for the day, which was wonderful.

In the fall there appeared to be a drastic increase in the price but closer to the time was able to secure a more affordable rate off millennium site.

I've stayed at this hotel many times, and this was def the best experience ever. Excellent water pressure in the shower. Regular room.

Nothing bad to say!, great service all around even when hotel was quite busy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Luke242

Thank you for your review regarding your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

Your very positive comments are much appreciated and have been shared with the team. So pleased that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay, especially the service and attention provided by the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed on a club floor at the hotel from March 21 to March 24, and booked a standard room for a stay from March 31 to April 1.

The hotel's location is ideal since it is located above the Gloucester Rd. train station, which is only a few stops away from London's main tourist attractions and Heathrow Airport. The immediate neighborhood contains a good selection of restaurants and pubs, and the Museum of Natural History and V&A Museum are only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The shops of Knightsbridge are only 10 minutes further than the museums.

During our first stay, we upgraded to a club floor. The room was clean and spacious by European standards. The breakfast was good, both at the club and the main restaurant, The staff members were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. In particular, the upstairs club offered a nice spot to relax, have a drink and a few snacks, and the staff at the club was particularly friendly.

As a result of our experience, we chose to use the hotel when we returned to London from a side trip to Italy. Since we were arriving late on the first night and only staying two nights, we did not think it necessary to book a club room. Much to our chagrin, upon our arrival the additinoal bed that we ordered was not in the room, and did not arrive for quite some time. The furnishings in the room were quite dusty and when we asked the housekeeping staff for a luggage stand, we are told that those are only available for rooms on the upper floors. We left the hotel to go siteseeing early the next morning, and upon our arrival back at the hotel at approximately 6:00 p.m. we discovered that our room had not been cleaned.
While I understand that guests who upgrade to the club level will enjoy greater amenities than a hotel's standard services, I would expect that a hotel that is part of the Millenium chain would meet minimal standards, regardless of whether a guest upgrades to its club level.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Neil K

Dear Neil K

Thank you for your constructive comments about your recent stays at the Millennium Gloucester.

Please accept my apologies for the shortfall in service and standards on your second stay with us. I appreciate your comments and assure you that these do not reflect the high standards we strive to provide in all guest rooms, independent of the type. This issue has been addressed with housekeeping and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

On a positive note, I am glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us, as well as the location, staff friendliness and breakfast.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Well placed in a good area of London with all the museums within easy walking distance, a tube station across the road and lots of bars and restaurants in the area.
The hotel is 'modern' but is showing its age and looking a little tired in places with lots of beige decor.Having said that the rooms are clean and well equipped and the staff are amongst the friendliest and professional I have come across anywhere, especially Dave the concierge who, proved to be a mine of information.
The downside was the ground floor lobby bar which was so cold people were wearing overcoats, the upside? the breakfast buffet was truly first class.
We paid £150 per night which was a good deal, I would think twice about paying over £200 per night though.

Room Tip: It might be worth considering the £35 per room/night upgrade that's offered at check in. You get a better room, free WIFI and breakfast plus the use of an exec.lounge that serves canapes and wine from 18.30. Get there on time bag a table and save on the price of dinner!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PierreHead

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor!

I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay, particularly the location, standards and services provided, in special by David from concierge. Rest assured that your feedback has been passed to him and I thank you on his behalf.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.