Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
5,099 results
All reviewsclub roomtube stationpiccadilly linescience museumtesco expressheathrow airportexcellent locationinternet accesswest endconciergekensingtonwaitroseconferencepubsfoyer
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for night only on Saturday 7th June the main purpose of our visit to see a show that night. I wish it could have been for longer, very clean, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast & a very convenient location for bus & tube for central London.
We did book & use the hotel car park but noticed on arrival that you can park in local streets after Sat 1.30pm & Sunday free of charge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen F
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Stephen

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent one-night stay. Thank you for highlighting the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the breakfast options, friendly staff and convenient location.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for one night on a business trip. Very easy to find and the concierge are fabulous for a London hotel.

The room description of a decent size however the decor was dated and the bathroom felt cramped. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable

I can't praise the concierge team enough, really friendly bunch of guys who look super busy but always give you the feeling you are a priority.

Three stars due to the look and feel, I was expecting more of a modern clean look in this location

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Abi

Thank you for your very kind compliment regarding our Concierge, which I will be sure to pass to the team. We value all feedback and have noted your comments regarding the decor.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Don't be fooled into staying here because of a great discounted rate, this hotel cons you into paying over the odds to stay at different, inferior accommodation.

You can imagine our delight at finding this prestigious hotel offering a great rate on one of the global hotel websites, for a weekend stay. A perfect way to spend my birthday! Can you appreciate then, how thoroughly disappointed and disillusioned we felt when we checked-in, were told that the hotel was over booked and as a result we were being moved to the hotel next door.

Yes, it was all done with smiles, apologies and that 'false' politeness that typifies fake and insincere service, but to add insult to injury we had to wait almost an hour to check-in to the second hotel, totally ruining our plans for the afternoon.

The second hotel (Baileys) was clean, reminiscent of all the hotels converted from former Edwardian mansion blocks and the long, long corridors were so well lit that my eyes hurt! But there were no facilities, the rooms tiny, no air con, windows that didn't open - in fact, everything was just 'tired'.

BUT, the biggest doozy was that the rack rate of this second hotel (shown on my room card) was 20% LESS than we'd paid!! (no refund though).

Based on my experience, the Millennium Brand is now associated with words like dishonest and misleading. I won't be coming back and my 'lifetime value' is therefore a fraction of what it could have been, if only I'd received the level of quality I'd anticipated. I'm not naïve about hotel overbooking policy, I stay in enough for business - and I've passed on my thoughts about Millennium to my corporate travel department; I think hotels are being naïve not to understand that social media now means a disappointed customer tells a lot more than ten other people...

Thoroughly disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Paul W

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at the Millennium Baileys Hotel. I am very disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my apologies for any lapse in service you experienced as it is not a true reflection of the service we pride ourselves on providing at the Millennium Hotel Group.

Any concerns during your stay should be raised with the hotel staff who will be happy to assist or alternatively with the Duty Manager at the hotel.

Thank you for writing your review and please be rest assured your comments have been taken on board.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here this weekend and enjoyed it however there were a couple of things that slightly disappointed us. Firstly whilst our room was very clean and the housekeeping did an excellent job, the location wasn't the best. We stayed in room 294 and there was literally no view and there was a party in the function room attached to the hotel - where it was practically facing our window. Luckily the party was in the day time but this would have been a big issue had it of been in the evening because the music was very loud. Another thing which disappointed us was Gloucester Road train station line not operating for months. We got the tube from Euston to our hotel but the nearest stop was South Kensington which is about a twenty minute walk. Didn't actually bother us too much but just annoying when Gloucester Road station was two minutes away. Having said that I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very professional and the Concierge in particular being excellent

• Stayed: June 2014
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London Kensington.

I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel value for money, enjoyed our central location and cleanliness and gave us five stars for our service. I will be sure you pass on your favourable feedback about our concierge team.

From the 24th May until mid December 2014 the Piccadilly Line service will not stop at Gloucester Road Underground (Tube) station due the refurbishment of the two Piccadilly Line elevators. Please be advised that Piccadilly Line trains stop at all other stations. Gloucester Road station is still open and operates a District Line and Circle Line service from the station. The station is less than 100 metres from the hotel entrance.

If you are using the Piccadilly Line service to Gloucester Road, we recommend you change at Earls Court for a District Line train to Gloucester Road station or alternatively change at South Kensington station for a District Line or Circle Line service to Gloucester Road. Further information is available from our concierge, The Millennium Gloucester Hotel website or via the ‘Transport for London’ website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London Kensington sometime in the future.

Thank you for your review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Lovely hotel, courteous staff,and really great location. A Tube station across the street and walking distance to several attractions. We did take a room with two singles instead of a double because we arrived very early in the day. They let us go to a room hours early so we could leave our bags and start exploring London!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glenda A
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Glenda

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay, which I will share with the team.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's prime location and found many of London's key attractions within walking distance.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.