“Wouldn't hesitate to recommend”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #538 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The recent stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel was excellent. This was the second trip within the last four months and I will certainly book this hotel again. The assistance with the booking was first class and the standard of accommodation could not be faulted. The room was spacious and comfortable; it was prepared to a high standard. The staff were excellent, always very helpful and efficient, as well as friendly and courteous. I valued the help and the information from the concierge service. Overall, I am delighted with this hotel and would certainly recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear whisperNewcastle,

Thank you for your review and am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team and to the Concierge especially.

Thank you for recommendation and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Payed for an extra bed, however room was too small to take it. Had to climb over beds to access desk with phone. Hairdryer old and quickly overheated. Socket for hairdryer not working. No information in room re hotel facilities, or London attractions or restaurants. Breakfast only ok. Coffee awful, and food not hot enough. Had to pay for wifi. Iam not a person to complain easily, but I really feel this hotel is over priced. I stayed in a budget hotel at Stansted which was way superior.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear 238Charlie,

I am sorry that your experience during your recent stay fell short of our usual standards. We very much welcome all feedback, including the constructively critical, and will address the issues you have highlighted without delay.
I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and to give you the high-standard stay that we are normally commended for

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before an event at the Royal Albert Hall and it was pretty good. Very good location and easy to find.

As others have noted the rooms and bathrooms are a bit dated and faded but mine wasn't too bad. Shower had good pressure but the bathroom was pretty old school.

Lack of free wifi was pretty rubbish - wasn't so bad for me as I wasn't in the hotel too much and I'm from the UK so I can use 3g data for free but if I was on holiday from another country this would cause a bit of an issue.

Staff were really good. Bar was fine, usual London and hotel prices. Breakfast was excellent.

On leaving I got the bellhop to get me a cab - seems it's no mean feat! He did well to get us one but we had to wait a while - not his fault, but slightly strange in one of the busiest cities in the world.

Ultimately the hotel was fine. However it was quite expensive (luckily work picked up the tab) and I know for a fact that there are better hotels at more reasonable prices in London. If you can get a deal on it though, it's worth a punt.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rekrabwuh

Dear Rekrabwuh,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
We value all feedback and have noted your comments regarding the decor and wifi.
We welcome all comments, including the constructively critical, and will address the issues you have raised.
On a positive note, I am pleased to hear that you found our location and staff to be great.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel from July 23 to July 27, 2014. The hotel's location is perfect for someone who wants to take the subway (or, the underground) and visit all the tourist spots within the six zones. Be sure that you buy the Oyster Card. Saves you a few bucks. The hotel concierge service is well versed with the city and can help you put your itinerary together.

Our room price also included breakfast and access to the club on the sixth floor during our four day stay. That was the best decision we made. It was a decent sized room. My eleven year old son had a fantastic time visiting the club and eating those cookies. I also want to thank the entire breakfast staff for making our experience enjoyable. In particular, I want to thank Antonio and his team (Dominic, Zoltan, Tunde, Pedro, David, Monica, Valeria, Fadil, Simon, Irina...) for taking good care of the guests at breakfast time. You made our stay worthwhile.

Thanks guys. Hopefully we will see you again.

The Misra Family

Room Tip: The hotel offers vouchers as specials that can be used at connected restaurants. Be sure to ask for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anup M,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review. We always enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are delighted you had such a great stay.

I have passed on your comments to Antonio, Dominic, Zoltan, Tunde, Pedro, David, Monica, Valeria, Fadil, Simon and Irina.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Okay so I checked in on the 30th and checked out the 31st .

Location - great .
Room was awful with bad and smelly carpet , old furniture and clearly a need of a good dusting . Internet is not free - please join us in 2014. Thank god for my hotspot .

I initially left an incredibly negative review. I alerted Torsten , the duty manager about my disappointment with the noisy AC, the lack of noise isolation in the hotel and the cleanliness of the room .

He was incredibly sweet and kind and tried to help me out and upgraded me to a suite . Alas the suite had the same noisy AC which actually did not blow cold air , the artwork on the lounge area of the suite had stains all over it and the whole suite needed serious refurbishment .

I met with Torsten during check out and explained my disappointment in the furniture and the room(a) state and he explained that the hotel is slowly undergoing refurbishment- I really hope so .

The lobby is nice and the people who work there are incredibly helpful . Other than that, I have nothing good to say really.

I managed to sleep 6 hours during a 48h period as the bed was stiff as the floor .

Please do something about that and I really appreciate your help and cooperation Torsten . It's not the staff's fault that the head management decided to give the early 90s aesthetic of the rooms longevity .

If you are in London and want a great location , this hotel can provide that . Helpful staff that too... Good quality ? And comfortable stay . No

Stayed: August 2014
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Aziz A,.

Thank you for taking the time to feed back your comments following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be helpful especially Torsten and enjoyed our location.
I must however apologise for any inconvenience caused by the inefficient air conditioning unit in your room and the decor. It is constructive criticism like yours that help us to make direct improvements to both our service and facilities, and for that I am very grateful.

On behalf of all at I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family of 3 just returned from a 3night stay. We were pleasantly surprised at check-in when we were upgraded to a Club Room. The room and bathroom were very spacious (evenly American standards). The shower was great...nice water pressure. The room/floor seemed very quiet.

The hotel was right near the Gloucestor underground, so it made all of our sightseeing very easy. We were able to walk to Kensington Gardens in under a 1/2 hour with a young child. The neighborhood is great, and there are lots of great restaurants, so we did not need to eat in the hotel, which we did feel was overpriced.

The one negative for us was the Internet, or lack thereof. As noted by other reviewers, wifi was very expensive. I understand that they cater to business people who "expense" the fees, but it is difficult to get information without access to the web. The option of wireless even in the lobby would be helpful. One other concern...they did try to charge us for the rollaway bed, but when we said that we prepaid, they did not charge. At $36 a night, that would really add up. Overall, we loved our stay at the Millenium and our London vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sherpa06

Dear sherpa06,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your 3 nights stay and that you found our location and the Club room to be great.

I do however apologise for any inconvenienced caused with the wifi and the misunderstanding of payment for the extra bed.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed during a shopping trip to London and could not fault the size of the rooms or the location.

Did not spend much time in the hotel but we did enjoy our breakfast; a big thank you to Antonio (restaurant manager there) for his time, service and suggestions.

Would probably stay again if we can get a better rate.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anastasia S,

Thank you for your review and your very kind compliment regarding breakfast and especially to Antonio who I have passed your comments to.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.