“Very good hotel if you get a deal”

Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
Ranked #507 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Belfast
“Very good hotel if you get a deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

3 of us stayed recently and were a bit concerned by some of the reviews listed here, but we had a very good experience and no complaints about the room. We got what we thought was an excellent deal for 3 nights for 3 people for less than £400, but I don't think I'd want to pay much more than that for this hotel.

Another reviewer here mentions that the hotel attempted to charge a supplement for the 3rd bed and the same happened to us. Like them, we stood our ground and the hotel easily backed away from this additional charge.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel so can't comment on the food or price, but there are plenty of cafes, restaurants, etc very close by and the ones we tried were lovely (Green Door Steakhouse, Da Mario Italian restaurant and a Patisserie whose name escapes me opposite the tube station).

Proximity to Gloucester Rd tube station was a bonus for our weary legs after a few days shopping and sightseeing, but the lack of a Piccadilly line until Dec 2014 is a bit of a pain so be warned if that's the line you want.

Overall, glad we picked this hotel and would definitely consider again if we could get a similar price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ceetee13
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington on your recent visit to London.

Your ratings about the service as well as the hotel in general are very much appreciated. Your kind comments have been shared with the hotel team.

I want to thank you again on behalf of the hotel staff for staying with us and sharing your experience on tripadvisor.com

We trust you will choose to stay with us on another visit to London.

Chris van Dam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (800)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great location, great services. I visited this hotel with my family three times and will do it again it's our best hotel. Underground station, supermarkets and restaurants are al nearby. The British museum of natural history and the Hyde park are in walking distance. Can't forget the reservation experience which was so helpful, special thanks to Mrs Smruti Shah in reservations for her care and help during the reservation. Don't forget the best hotel breakfast ever!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review for our hotel.

As our aim is to provide a high level of service which you expect and deserve from us, we are grateful for your positive comments which I shared with our team. Inspired with this we assure you, our valued guest, that we will continue to deliver exceptional service at all times.

Thank you once more for sharing your comments with us and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just home from a great trip to London enhanced by a fantastic stay in the Millennium Gloucester Hotel , Harrington Gardens , London SW7 4LH , From our family`s arrival on Saturday 16th August to a warm and welcoming greeting by Gloria on reception until our departure today, the 19th, the experience was exceptional , with excellent customer service , friendly staff and first class facilities . A great choice for a family holiday or a city break weekend , very centrally located at Gloucester Road underground. Well done to all at the Millennium.
The Copeland Family.

Room Tip: The 6th Floor if available is a very nice perk.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing tripadvisor.com to write your review on our hotel.

The hotel team were delighted to read that you rated many aspects of your stay so highly. It is always very pleasing to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

I also hope you had the opportunity to join our Millennium Club loyalty program and collect points during your stay with us.

We trust you will choose to stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington sometime in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked this hotel at an excellent rate and we were not disappointed in the quality or location. However on arrival after 2pm we were told our room was not ready as we had booked a family room with an additional bed. So we left our bags with the very accommodating concierge and went out for the day returning later that evening after dinner. However when we arrived although our room was ready they tried to say we had not paid for the additional bed. I stood my ground and eventually they agreed to drop the charge. The room was spacious enough for the extra bed and the doubled bed was king size and extremely comfy. Plenty of towels and toiletries for our one night stay and we would definitely return for convenience and value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our spacious bedrooms.

We certainly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back on another trip to London.

Tring, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My parents stayed here for three nights last week to celebrate a special birthday. I can't comment on the room as I didn't stay; although I can confirm my Mum was very happy with both the size and cleanliness of the room which had been recently renovated. However I wanted to let people know about the fantastic customer service that we received. I called the hotel to ask for help in making my parents' stay memorable. The service received from the Customer Relations Team ahead of the stay was fabulous; as was that from the very kind reception staff and concierge when I accompanied my parents when they checked-in to the hotel. Everyone was professional, kind and responsive. I stay away from home a lot for work and was very impressed with the team at the Millenium Gloucester.

As others have said, the location is great for the Tube - just around the corner. It's also within walking distance of the museums in South Kensington (Natural History, Science, V&A). There are a number of local cafes and restaurants if you don't fancy staying in the hotel for dinner.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I usually stay at the Millenium Knightsbridge but they were booked out. Thank Goodness as I then found this hotel and it is so much better in terms of SPACE. The rooms were spacious almost grand the service was excellent, immediate and friendly. The front office staff courteous and helpful and the Asst front desk Manager Mr Porsten very obliging and courteous. Not to mention the wonderful people at the Concierge who solved all baggage and transport problems in 1 minute or less ! :)) I loved breakfast time where one was made aware of the many diverse cultures & nationalities that were staying there.
Breakfast was amazing choice of English/European/American/Canadian/Chinese/Arabic/Thai etc.. or you could taste some of everything . I travel a lot but have never seen this in any other hotel to date.
I recommend this for the business traveller and for the traveller who is more interesting in relaxing after an intense, long flight as it is in a quiet part of Kensington, easy walk to Kensington Gardens and to many of the Consular offices. Also only a minute walk to Gloucester station. I would stay there again in fact will be when I return in May next year. A very Modern hotel with all facilities. The only criticism I have is that they still charge a fee for internet access, something that is rather ridiculous in this day and age of free wifi in all International hotels.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and facing south so it was a nice sunny room with natural light , this meant...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed breakfast in the SW7 Restaurant.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

First I arrived very early after a persecutory trip from Canberra through Abu Dhabi,
( Alan Joyce what were you thinking? ) to be greeted with utmost courtesy by Cornelius. I was given free wifi and access to the Millennium Club which provided a good breakfast newspapers etc. I repaired to the coffee shop to wait for room availability and Hussein ensured that I was comfortable even to the extent of finding me a foot stool. Very solicitous and friendly.

My room was super comfortable and with excellent sound insulation, bed very comfortable and the bathroom excellent with non slip tiles. Wifi access was always excellent.

There is no ATM in the hotel but the most ergonomically challenged Barclays ATM on the planet is quite close as is the Tube and Waitrose for those forgotten essentials.
I’d definitely stay there again, it was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, as it is always very pleasing to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests. Please be advised that an ATM is located in the lobby of the hotel.